Will you take the day off the day Leopard arrives?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Jazhawk, Oct 22, 2007.

1. Jazhawk macrumors member

Just to install it and be the first to post your experience with it. I mean some treads are even clocking the shipping process. As a mac noob, it's pretty fascinating to watch.

-Jazhawk

2. CANEHDN macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

There's no point in taking the whole day off. I've just finished all my data backups to get ready. I'll be leaving work at 5pm to get to the Apple store to pick up Leopard, iLife, and iWork. I can't wait. Only 4 more sleeps!!

3. unity macrumors 6502a

Well duh! Oh, I mean, I think I feel a cold coming on ;) Crap, self employed....

4. mmendoza27 macrumors 6502

I'll be leaving work @ 4:30 to go to the local Apple store and pick up Leopard, hopefully I'll get a cool t-shirt too. The whole day though? I don't think so, maybe if it was ordered online, but who can guarantee it'll be there in the morning?

Anyways, I'll have all day Saturday to play around with it and then go pick up Guitar Hero III that evening to play with that all Sunday. This weekend's gonna be good!

5. MacinDoc macrumors 68020

MacinDoc

No.

And I'll be busy on the weekend, too (not with work, mind you).

So, maybe I'll buy it Monday night and install it Tuesday.

Or maybe I'll wait to get 10% off (maybe) on Black Friday, Nov. 23.

6. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Hahaha, no. People actually depend on me at work. It'll be there when I get home (pre-signing).

7. CANEHDN macrumors 6502a

CANEHDN

10% off? That's $13 bucks. I couldn't wait that long to save $13. I'm hoping the t-shirts are cooler than the Tiger t-shirts. They were a little lame and I don't like black. Of course, the Time Machine graphics are definitely cooler than the Spotlight graphic.

8. docprego macrumors 65816

I lucked out, it is Nevada day here and I am off. I bribed my wife (with a nice dinner) into attending the launch event at the Apple store, even though I have my copy on the way in the mail. It will be my first in store Apple event that I have ever attended, should be exciting.

9. MacinDoc macrumors 68020

MacinDoc

I'll be buying the Family Pack for my 2 Macs, so it would be $20. And maybe an AEBS on top of that.

It would also give the early adopters a chance to find all the glaring bugs first (although I'm usually one of them).

10. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

Good Lord - it's just an operating system that doesn't even go on sale until 6pm! I'll pick it up sometime over the weekend, but taking off work to do it? Wow.

11. Jazhawk thread starter macrumors member

I have not seen this kind of excitement in a long time for an OS since windows XP. Vista didn't get this kind of anticipation so it doesn't count. But I understand why the excitement is here for Leopard. I get a copy when I get a better machine to put it on. I'm still learning how to get around in Tiger and my 733 G4 is working just fine for it.

One thing I still have not figured out is how to uninstall something I've installed. But I'm getting there.

-Jazhawk

12. weaverra macrumors regular

13. messedkid macrumors 6502

messedkid

I already took the day off... not intentionally for leopard though.

The train drivers were supposed to stike today (23rd) and tomorrow (24th), so I originally booked those days off, but yesterday they announced that they would be striking thursday and friday (25th and 26th), so I have a 4 day weekend. :D and if Leopard just "happens" to arrive when I have time booked off...well thats all right with me. :D

Next weekend is a long weekend too, some german holiday on thursday, took friday off (cuz I wanted long weekend again :D ) and then the weekend...score eh? :D

14. brgnewman macrumors member

Well let's see, from 9:00am to 1:30pm I am at school on friday so I can't skip that ;)

And right after school I have to work at 2:00pm. THOUGH, I do work for Future Shop so I could say to my manager, "I think I should demo the Leopard install on my Macbook for all customers to see and show them how cool Leopard is and what features it has.....and....ummm i REALLY want to install it.....or I will call in sick"

:cool:

15. martymcr macrumors member

Day off?

Only work Friday mornings so booked that off - looks like I'll be waiting in for Amazon parcel as they say shipping 25th, Apple order says shipping 26th (UK) - I'll cancel the Apple order tomorrow if it doesn't change - crazy that Amazon look like being able to get it to me on launch day, but Apple can't!

16. macboy62 macrumors regular

macboy62

Taking the day off for Leopard and will be hanging out at Ginza store in Tokyo.

As the sun rises in the east and the new day starts in Kiribati / New Zealand with Australia and Japan next I can see there being quite a race to get the first install images up on here. :D

17. iMikeT macrumors 68020

I love working freelance. I can take any day off that I want.:p

18. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

I finish work at 1:00pm every Friday, so no worries for me :)

19. Fuzzy14 macrumors 65816

Fuzzy14

I had booked Friday off to go up to the Apple Store for launch, even though I'm not buying Leopard, but my kid has thrown a sickie today so I've had to shift my day off to today :(

20. Multimedia macrumors 603

Multimedia

I Thought Friday Is A National Holiday. No?

You mean Friday isn't a national holiday? :eek: :confused:

21. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

I don't have to. I will be at the Apple store wearing some leopard print something that does not look too bad, or strange.:D

22. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I'm going to pop home at lunch time and grab it, then install it at work :)

23. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

I thought you were in the USA?

24. sweetice2007 macrumors 6502

my status hasnt changed but on the apple store site it says order now to recieved it on the 26th so i duno what to expect...dont know whether i should pre order from amazon now...what did u end up doing?

25. Much Ado macrumors 68000

Much Ado

By birthday is the 2nd November, so I kind of have to wait until then, as i think it's been bought for me.
    :) but :(