Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jazhawk

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 16, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
Just to install it and be the first to post your experience with it. I mean some treads are even clocking the shipping process. As a mac noob, it's pretty fascinating to watch.

-Jazhawk

CANEHDN

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2005
Eagle Mountain, UT
There's no point in taking the whole day off. I've just finished all my data backups to get ready. I'll be leaving work at 5pm to get to the Apple store to pick up Leopard, iLife, and iWork. I can't wait. Only 4 more sleeps!!

mmendoza27

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2007
I'll be leaving work @ 4:30 to go to the local Apple store and pick up Leopard, hopefully I'll get a cool t-shirt too. The whole day though? I don't think so, maybe if it was ordered online, but who can guarantee it'll be there in the morning?

Anyways, I'll have all day Saturday to play around with it and then go pick up Guitar Hero III that evening to play with that all Sunday. This weekend's gonna be good!

MacinDoc

macrumors 68020
Mar 22, 2004
The Great White North
No.

And I'll be busy on the weekend, too (not with work, mind you).

So, maybe I'll buy it Monday night and install it Tuesday.

Or maybe I'll wait to get 10% off (maybe) on Black Friday, Nov. 23.

CANEHDN

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2005
Eagle Mountain, UT
No.

And I'll be busy on the weekend, too (not with work, mind you).

So, maybe I'll buy it Monday night and install it Tuesday.

Or maybe I'll wait to get 10% off (maybe) on Black Friday, Nov. 23.

10% off? That's $13 bucks. I couldn't wait that long to save $13. I'm hoping the t-shirts are cooler than the Tiger t-shirts. They were a little lame and I don't like black. Of course, the Time Machine graphics are definitely cooler than the Spotlight graphic.

docprego

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2007
Henderson, NV
I lucked out, it is Nevada day here and I am off. I bribed my wife (with a nice dinner) into attending the launch event at the Apple store, even though I have my copy on the way in the mail. It will be my first in store Apple event that I have ever attended, should be exciting.

MacinDoc

macrumors 68020
Mar 22, 2004
The Great White North
10% off? That's $13 bucks. I couldn't wait that long to save $13. I'm hoping the t-shirts are cooler than the Tiger t-shirts. They were a little lame and I don't like black. Of course, the Time Machine graphics are definitely cooler than the Spotlight graphic.
I'll be buying the Family Pack for my 2 Macs, so it would be $20. And maybe an AEBS on top of that.

It would also give the early adopters a chance to find all the glaring bugs first (although I'm usually one of them).

richpjr

macrumors 68040
May 9, 2006
Good Lord - it's just an operating system that doesn't even go on sale until 6pm! I'll pick it up sometime over the weekend, but taking off work to do it? Wow.

Jazhawk

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 16, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
I have not seen this kind of excitement in a long time for an OS since windows XP. Vista didn't get this kind of anticipation so it doesn't count. But I understand why the excitement is here for Leopard. I get a copy when I get a better machine to put it on. I'm still learning how to get around in Tiger and my 733 G4 is working just fine for it.

One thing I still have not figured out is how to uninstall something I've installed. But I'm getting there.

-Jazhawk

messedkid

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2007
Oshawa, ON
I already took the day off... not intentionally for leopard though.

The train drivers were supposed to stike today (23rd) and tomorrow (24th), so I originally booked those days off, but yesterday they announced that they would be striking thursday and friday (25th and 26th), so I have a 4 day weekend. :D and if Leopard just "happens" to arrive when I have time booked off...well thats all right with me. :D

Next weekend is a long weekend too, some german holiday on thursday, took friday off (cuz I wanted long weekend again :D ) and then the weekend...score eh? :D

Suspended
Jun 11, 2007
Well let's see, from 9:00am to 1:30pm I am at school on friday so I can't skip that ;)

And right after school I have to work at 2:00pm. THOUGH, I do work for Future Shop so I could say to my manager, "I think I should demo the Leopard install on my Macbook for all customers to see and show them how cool Leopard is and what features it has.....and....ummm i REALLY want to install it.....or I will call in sick"

:cool:

martymcr

macrumors member
Jan 12, 2005
Cheshire, UK
Day off?

Just to install it and be the first to post your experience with it. I mean some treads are even clocking the shipping process. As a mac noob, it's pretty fascinating to watch.

-Jazhawk

Only work Friday mornings so booked that off - looks like I'll be waiting in for Amazon parcel as they say shipping 25th, Apple order says shipping 26th (UK) - I'll cancel the Apple order tomorrow if it doesn't change - crazy that Amazon look like being able to get it to me on launch day, but Apple can't!

macboy62

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2006
Tokyo
Taking the day off for Leopard and will be hanging out at Ginza store in Tokyo.

As the sun rises in the east and the new day starts in Kiribati / New Zealand with Australia and Japan next I can see there being quite a race to get the first install images up on here. :D

Fuzzy14

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2006
Renfrew, Scotland
I had booked Friday off to go up to the Apple Store for launch, even though I'm not buying Leopard, but my kid has thrown a sickie today so I've had to shift my day off to today :(

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
You mean Friday isn't a national holiday? :eek: :confused:

I thought you were in the USA?

Public Holidays - United States of America

New Year's Day - 1st January

Martin Luther King Day - 15th January

Presidents' Day - 19th February

Memorial Day - 28th May

Independence Day - 4th July

Labor Day - 3rd September

Columbus Day - 8th October

Veterans Day - 12th November (in lieu of 11th Nov)

Thanksgiving - 22nd November

Christmas Day - 25th December

sweetice2007

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2007
Only work Friday mornings so booked that off - looks like I'll be waiting in for Amazon parcel as they say shipping 25th, Apple order says shipping 26th (UK) - I'll cancel the Apple order tomorrow if it doesn't change - crazy that Amazon look like being able to get it to me on launch day, but Apple can't!

my status hasnt changed but on the apple store site it says order now to recieved it on the 26th so i duno what to expect...dont know whether i should pre order from amazon now...what did u end up doing?

Much Ado

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2006
UK
By birthday is the 2nd November, so I kind of have to wait until then, as i think it's been bought for me.
:) but :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.