Windows 10 and my old trusty macbook

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by comda, Aug 31, 2015.

1. comda macrumors 6502a

comda

Greetings MacRumors!

I am Torn right now. Im still using as my daily driver a Macbook 3,1 with snow leopard and windows. I had 7 home now ive upgraded to windows 10. And i must say i am impressed! It has given new life to this laptop! Unline in snow leopard im able to do things without the fans cranking up to max, like watch movies and even light games. In windows 7 and snow leopard i open dos box, and play doom from 1993 and the fans crank.

Anyways the reason im torn is because of Bootcamp drivers. ONce the upgrade to 10 finished the keys at the top stopped working. So no brightness control, volume dvd eject etc. However thats the least of my issues. The main issue is windows thinks this is a desktop. Under the battery icon i cant control my brightness, nor can i change power saving issues and updates force in while im on battery.

Is there anyway to get bootcamp drivers to buzz off and allow windows 10 to control that? if i have to format and reload the system i will. Ive tried just for kicks reloading the bootcamp software and im told this system isnt supported. Technically apple tells me i can only run windows XP SP3, vista, and 7 all 32bit. Yet im running 10 64bit.

Any assistance is helpful as this machine runs like a dream its just a driver issue from what i see.

2. comda thread starter macrumors 6502a

comda

sadly no. I cannot launch the bootcamp exe because it stating its not for this model computer.

3. macenied macrumors 6502a

macenied

4. Gjwilly macrumors 68030

Did you read the thread?
    It gives the instructions for modifying the installer for use on older computers.

5. comda, Sep 2, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2015

comda thread starter macrumors 6502a

comda

6. comda thread starter macrumors 6502a

comda

Alright, sorry i didnt catch that. I will give it a go when i get a chance. thanks guys.