Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eliah

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2018
So I'm trying to install windows 10 on my late 2013 macbook pro. I upgraded my SSD a few weeks ago from the apple SSD to a samsing 970 EVO 500GB. (can this cause a problem?)

I'm using bootcamp to do it and everything works like it should. Windows loads the files, I enter keyboard and country data, chose a drive to install it on and the install begins. After a few minutes windows has to restart to complete the installation. It restarts and loads some more. Then suddenly I get one of those windows blue screen errors.

What I have tried:
Resetting PRAM and NVRAM. Using a different flash drive. Using an older version of the windows drivers installed by bootcamp. Trying to install a different version of windows (none of them worked). Removing a certain file people have had issues with. I have used multiple windows 10 iso files, all from microsoft. All in all I have tried to install windows about 12 times now, every time I removed and re-created the windows partition.

Any tips or help is greatly appreciated.
Kind regards

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.