Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

throttlemeister

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2009
Netherlands
if windows 7 phone is cheaper then will be more users using win7 phone instead of iphone on a mac. that doesn't apply to USA, only for europe users.because of the iphone price. in europe theres no such thing as getting an iphone for 200€ even in contract. the best you get is 300€ in portugal for iphone 4 and 60€ monthly. so yes in portugal a lot more people are insterested in windowws 7 phone. however, i don't own an iPhone, currently i own a nokia n95, but when my nokia dies i will be moving to an iphone :)
I got my IP4 for 160 euro on a 29.95/mo contract that includes unlimited data. (Holland). Seems to me Portugal is pretty expensive.

I love my IP4, but the W7P looks very interesting and with all the positive reviews, even from sites that are generally rather pro-Apple, I'm thinking it will do well. And since they now addressed my main reason to get a IP4 (ability to properly and easily sync against a Mac), there is no real reason for any Mac user not to consider other and all options out there.

Neuro

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2003
London
I think the iPhone grid GUI is awful. I sold mine to get an HTC Legend running Android. Much nicer for my needs.

The GUI on the new WP7 phones looks really really nice. Way more modern and innovative than iPhone. I'd certainly consider it next upgrade.

Why are so many Mac heads so down on choice? If Apple was the only player, they really wouldn't try very hard.

Badradio

macrumors 6502
Aug 19, 2004
Manchester
@ Cander

Thanks for the link. Great write-up.

I'm 90% convinced to get a Win7 Phone once my contract is up next week, and I'll be synching it with my MacBook Pro. I'm looking for a communication tool first, so email, Facebook, Twitter - they're all important to me, and MS's implementation of comms in the homepage looks amazing. As I have a laptop to cover mobile computing, the extra £200 an iPhone would cost, along with the higher tariffs, just don't represent good value for me. I'm a user with a specific requirement, and the Win7 Phones (probably the LG Optimus 7) satisfy it at a great price.

cleanup

macrumors 68030
Jun 26, 2005
Toronto
This is good news! I love my iPhone but its interface can feel awfully simplistic at times, especially with the one button only deal.

Although I normally only use Macs as secondary computers, I might switch back to using them as a primary one, and then it would be nice to have a choice as to what phone I was using (mainly just for music syncing).

Like a previous poster said, all the fanboys should think twice, because without this sort of competition, Apple wouldn't even try. Wanna know why Apple makes nice stuff? Because everybody else is trying to do it as well, and there's money to be made. Get that through your heads.

vampyren

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2008
Microsoft has learned!

Thank you Microsoft. It is so sad that many other companies ignore the OSX sync software (HTC for one) and refer to google and thirdparty. Also the PC software is not that good to be honest.

This is a good way to show that they have learned their lesson and now focus on the customers and their needs.
AS much as i like my iPhone4 i can for sure consider a WM7 in the future if they continue this road (we have to see how their app store will look like for one and also the firmware role-out) .

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.