Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr Kram

macrumors 68020
Oct 1, 2008
Having Italian for thanksgiving.

4b5e7782ed6cbc7c9a230f00b1ba62dd.jpg

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I know you don’t get American wines there, but the Trefethen Sauv Blanc is a perfect turkey wine. However, my dad and my wife much prefer red.

Sauvignon Blanc?

I tend to see that as an excellent 'summer wine' if leaning towards a white wine, and one that excels with chicken or fish or salads.

However, my own personal preference, would be a somewhat weightier Chardonnay from Burgundy (say, a Pouilly-Fuisée), or a rich Gruner Veltliner.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Now, at present, the very minute, I have just opened a bottle, and I am sipping the contents of that bottle, poured into a glass (a Westmalle Trappist glass as it happens) of Westmalle Tripel, a classic Belgian Trappist ale.

Reactions: mobilehaathi

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
So, tonight shall be dedicated to the consumption of - and the comparison of - two of the flagship products that hail from the Founders stable.

Hidden in the depths of a crate of beer, are a few beers that bear the name of KBS; in the interests of empirical research, I shall compare and contrast a KBS and a CBS this evening.

PowerMac G4 MDD

macrumors 68000
Jul 13, 2014
I have tried two Armenian beers, a bottle of Kotayk and I can't remember the name of the second one. They were just ok in my book, however I am always open to trying new beers! Just added this one to my list!

Had a Tangerine Wheat beer from Lost Coast Brewery. It was actually pretty good! I also had a beer called "Day Beer Lager". This was pretty much on par with what you would think it would be. This is right up there with Olympia and others. Speaking of Olympia beer, I actually had one this weekend and yup, it is is still pretty darn bad! Went to a retro bar and they had a bunch of 70-80's beer in the can. Shlitz, PBR, Olympia, Coors, and a few others that I can't remember. I am soooo glad we have more choices in beer now!

I had actually forgotten the name of the other Armenian beer I tried—that was it! Yeah, they weren't the greatest beers I have had, but I appreciated the mellow and refreshing taste. It was nice to sit down at any restaurant and grab a pint of 1-dollar Kilikia.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
I had actually forgotten the name of the other Armenian beer I tried—that was it! Yeah, they weren't the greatest beers I have had, but I appreciated the mellow and refreshing taste. It was nice to sit down at any restaurant and grab a pint of 1-dollar Kilikia.

That doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Brewing beer is not what the Caucasus does well; Georgia produces some extremely good wine (and some dross), and quite good cognac; Armenia produces excellent cognac.

But, for pretty decent beer, I would extend my search elsewhere.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Currently sipping CBS (Canadian Breakfast Stout) a superb offering from Founders.

Last night, I tried a straight compare/contrast session with two of the flagship beers from Founders - their legendary KBS (Kentucky Breakfast Stout) and this even more evolved version, CBS.

I have long loved KBS - it is an outstanding beer - but, to my palate, the CBS surpasses even the legendary KBS.

For this, - the CBS - is a superlative beer.

Reactions: mobilehaathi
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.