[WIP] LockInfo Todo and 2Do Plugin Development

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ViViDboarder, Oct 25, 2009.

1. ViViDboarder macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

UPDATE
    Latest information will always be on my Google Code pages. I will use this thread as well as Google Code for major announcements and for communication with users. If you have a bug, then please post it on the Issues portion of my Google Code page for the correct plugin.
    Appigo Plugin
    2Do Plugin

Note, this is a Work In Progress! When I get it stable enough for Beta I'll release it. It crashes the springboard often right now, you don't want it.

So anyway, here's the short story.

A great plugin for LockInfo was made for the Things todo list app. Someone then took that source and ported it to Appigo Todo. Later David Ashman released an updated version of LockInfo with Native Rendering support. Neither of these two plugins had support built in for it.

I emailed the Dev of Appigo Todo and got his permission to try and to it myself. Here I am.

Current Issues:
    • Crashes on first refresh
    • Won't update without respring
    • Background does not extend to length of text
    • No sorting by priority
    • No due dates implemented yet

Attached Files:

2. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

Hey you're making good progress! :) I'll keep following this and the other thread.

3. ViViDboarder thread starter macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Thanks. So now I have the shaded background showing up perfectly fine below all the entires. I'll have to come up with some way to format the date and all. That stuff is the easy part. The tough part is me trying to find out why Springboard crashes so often with it... I'm still messing around commenting things out to isolate the error. I don't think I can really use a debugger on a plugin like this running on the iPhone. I think Instruments on the iPhone is limited only to Dev's that pay the 99 to Apple. I think I can only use it on the Simulator, which I need to compile the MobileSubstrate and LockInfo code for to work, which I don't have.

4. ViViDboarder thread starter macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Update for those interested. I've gotten more information from Ashman on how to create a plugin using the new API he built.

I hope to have some time to sit down and do some work on it this weekend. Considering what I was able to do last weekend I'm hopeful in having a beta soon.

Here is a link to the source http://github.com/ViViDboarder/Lockinfo-Appigo-Todo-Plugin

It's not updated yet. It's just the fork at the moment. I'm trying to figure out how to submit code to Git. I'm used to SVN. I downloaded GitX and set that up and managed to clone my git to a folder. Then I made changes, Staged them, hit commit and Bam! Nothing.

When I figure that out I'll have the latest code up, but until then it'll be local to my machine. Keep checking though! The more people that are interested the more motivation I have. :D

5. xsecretfiles macrumors 6502

can't wait for the final version....I'm not too big on beta testing sorry

I would gladly pay for it though :)

keep us updated plz!

6. ViViDboarder thread starter macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

I can't charge for it. The original dev asked that I not charge and I've decided to listen.

On Github there is a link to donate, but please wait until I have a version to release. :D I don't want the pressure. :p

7. Vanx macrumors newbie

Registered especially to motivate you for this great app! I love native rendering.

8. ViViDboarder thread starter macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Haha, thanks!

I figured out how to commit code to Github so I'll have the latest code up there tonight but I don't think it's very stable.

Also, as suggested by the creator of LockInfo, I'm going to talk to the developer of the Things plugin (the one this is based off of) and see if we can merge the two together and just let you chose which app to use. :D

9. bender o macrumors 6502

bender o

Hi, how did you get native rendering to look like that? That's pretty much like the one with Gruppled Theme, but mine is all yellow when I turn it off :(

10. ViViDboarder thread starter macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Yellow? I'm not sure what you're referring to. This is how the default Native Rendering looked as of yesterday. A slight change was made today but I saved the old images so I could use them still.

11. ViViDboarder thread starter macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

I just thought about this... You know LockInfo itself is still Beta?

I won't release it until it's stable, but by Beta I mean it'll still be under continual work. Updates to add new features, improve layout. That sort of thing.

12. Cupra macrumors regular

great work here.. i would love a similar thing for the latest guided ways technologies app - 2do

http://2doapp.com

[​IMG]

13. converge macrumors member

Todo is the best to-do app currently. So I'm looking forward to seeing my tasks with the native rendering. Thread subscribed!

14. ViViDboarder thread starter macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Is this a free app? I need to have the app to build a plugin for it :D

I'll look into building one for this once I get the one I'm working on done. At that point I'll basically have a template and just have to change paths to each database and fix the SQL queries.

15. Cupra macrumors regular

its not free... but its currently on sale

i can give you my IPA if that helps?

16. ViViDboarder thread starter macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

No, IPA wouldn't help. I could possibly get it to work if you give me just the application folder. Then I'd have the database to figure out queries for. But I'd have no way to test it. :/

I'll worry about getting Appigo done first :D

Then (once done with Appigo) I can take donations to buy apps for more development.

17. bender o macrumors 6502

bender o

Hi again, sorry for the delay. Here it goes, the first one is with both the gruppled theme and the lockinfo theme off, and the second one is with the gruppled theme off but with the lockinfo theme on.

Ps: as you can see the first one says that native rendering it's not supported...

Attached Files:

18. ViViDboarder thread starter macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

I said turn off ALL LockInfo themes. You should have neither on. Native means no themes. :D

So the one on the left IS native rendering. And... It's not yellow. The reason it says this plugin doesn't support Native Rendering is because it doesn't. I'm working on that now. That's what this post is about. I'll keep you updated about the progress here and you'll know as soon as you can install the new version with Native Support.

EDIT: Nevermind. That's not even the plugin I'm working on. I'm working on the Appigo Todo plugin. The Things creator is still working on Things.

And an update on my progress.

More crashes!!!! I'm not doing some bad work around though anymore. I'm trying to implement it with the actual API. I'll see how far I get another day. :D

Updates:
    http://github.com/ViViDboarder/Lockinfo-Appigo-Todo-Plugin

19. The Highlander macrumors 6502

Is this todo plugin working right now?

I have things and it's more of a GTD type than ToDo.

20. ViViDboarder thread starter macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Not yet Hopefully sometime this month I'll get the bugs out. Crashing Springboard at the moment.

21. ViViDboarder thread starter macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Just ran into a hold up. I found out that by fitting into the new format that there is an issue with the order some variables are initialized.

I'll need to sit down and work things through. Turns out to be a little more than just copying and pasting, haha.

Oh well. More tomorrow on it.

22. ViViDboarder thread starter macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

Just an update to anyone following this. It has been posted on MMI repo but due to extensive work by Ashman (creator of LockInfo). He has the latest source and we're going to get it uploaded to Github and probably Google Code soon so anyone can have access to it.

23. OhioLefty macrumors regular

ViviDboarder,

I have a question and since you have been working with this, I'm hoping you can answer it. I'm a "paying" supporter of LockInfo and most of the plug-ins and love the way it all works together. Right now I'm using the free version of Todo (Lite) and I can't seem to figure out how to get recurring tasks not to show up on the ToDo lockscreen after I have completed it. For example, I have a task that occurs once a year (Cover my Air Conditioner) but need to be reminded. I set it up as a recurring task to repeat from the due date every year. Problem is, when I check it off in ToDo it marks it as Done and moves it to the bottom of the list for future tasks but it also moves to the bottom of the list in the Todo section in LockInfo showing it due one year from now. :confused: Is this something I'm doing wrong in ToDo or is this something in the way the plug-in is looking at the Todo app?

Thanks for your help...

24. ViViDboarder thread starter macrumors 68040

ViViDboarder

The plugin shows your next five items in your todo list. So if you check off the current one and the next one is in a year, that will still show up on the list. It is possible for Ashman (or me when the source is up) to enable a cutoff for how many days in advance an item will show.

25. OhioLefty macrumors regular

That would be a very helpful and welcome addition to the plug-in.

Thanks for your reply and the work you have put into this project.