CarPlay Wiresss CarPlay aftermarket head units

Discussion in 'HomeKit, HomePod, CarPlay, Home & Auto Technology' started by JoeTomasone, Sep 24, 2018.

1. JoeTomasone macrumors 6502a

Has anyone picked up an aftermarket car stereo with wireless CarPlay? What's your brief review of the unit specifically and wireless CarPlay generally?

Thanks!

2. MacWorks916 macrumors member

I've had the Alpine iLX-107 for about a year and love it. The wireless works great.

3. JoeTomasone thread starter macrumors 6502a

I wound up upgrading my Pioneer to the AVH-W4400NEX the other day. Obviously I haven’t had time to fully vet this, but I seem to have an issue where the XS Max disconnects from the head unit’s WiFi, thereby dropping CarPlay.

4. bbednarz macrumors 6502

bbednarz

I had a wired Pioneer CarPlay unit that always seemed to have issues maintaining the connection when I would first start up the car. It was basically 50/50 if I would need to unplug and replug in the phone. Add into that the screen de-lamination that mine suffered from and I have a pretty sour taste about Pioneer radios. I grabbed the Alpine ilx-107 a few weeks ago and couldnt be happier. Wireless CarPlay picks up every time without issue.