Wonderful Little Machine the rMB 2016 m5

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by JohnNP, Nov 22, 2016.

1. JohnNP macrumors newbie

JohnNP

Hey everyone, not new here just forgot my old accounts info so had to create a new log on. It's been a long time since I've last posted.

Just have to say how absolutely pleased I am with this new rMB 2016 m5 laptop. I was looking for something to compliment my beast of a MBP 15" for work where I don't need to do any sort of heavy lifting, just lots of charts, reports and spreadsheets and this looks like it's going to do just that. I was a little nervous seeing some of the negative posts about these little guys but after using it most of the day yesterday and typing on here today it's really growing on me.

I'm glad I went with the m5 over the m3. The little bit of lag I noticed in the store on the various display models does not seem to be present with this one. It's quick to power up and turn on programs open relatively quickly. I was a little concerned about the brightness or lack of brightness but once I got it home I didn't need anywhere near the full brightness to be happy. 75% or so brightness seems to be just about right for inside. Don't let the Apple Store interior with it's very bright lighting fool you into thinking the screen is really dim. It's definitely not.

I've gotten used to the keyboard and you're right I do feel like I can type faster, almost like ghost typing like you'd do on a counter or other hard surface. I have been pleasantly surprised at how fast it installs programs and also pleasantly surprised at how little heat has come from it this far. Doing upgrades all night along with charging the battery which was at zero when I first got it. I thought it was broken at first it wouldn't turn on. Nope....just no charge. I had no problem getting it to turn on with no battery but was pleasantly surprised to find otherwise.

Really looking forward to doing good things with this little guy!!!