Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
It's always sold out.
Apple plays the same game every year very well to their advantage in order to maximize sales.
It's an intentional artificial slow supply of the product to create a craze and huge publicity displays with long lines in order to appeal to consumers as they are lucky/special to be able to purchase it during the initial release time. Also creates a high scalping problem that they have been trying to combat for years.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Agreed. I don’t think there’s any easy solution to scalpers. I just hope I manage to get one on launch day.

Scalping is an unfortunate situation. It takes away from the consumer that wants the iPhone and available stock. Then the scalper will charge more than double to triple of the MSRP for the iPhone. Not to mention, some of the scalpers are not legitimate people and it's a major risk to purchase from them.

StarShot

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2014
That would be just plain dumb. EBay will jack up the price and you would have a very, very expensive iPhone 10. Just wait it out
I'm sure you're going to get "called out" on this one. eBay has NOTHING to do with the prices their users ask. If you don't like it, don't buy it on eBay.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.