Would you rather have iOS 5 or iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MultiMediaWill, Mar 28, 2011.

?

iOS 5 or iPhone 5?

1. iOS 5

86 vote(s)
    72.9%
  2. iPhone 5

32 vote(s)
    27.1%
  1. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

If you could have a choice of having iOS5 or iPhone 5 right now which one would you want? No, you can not have iPhone 5 with iOS 5.

2. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

3. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

I think everyone SHOULD want and prefer iOS 5 over the iPhone 5. iOS 5 is going to make the iPhone 5 special. Without iOS 5, it's just an iPhone 4 with better hardware.

4. na1577 macrumors 6502a

iPhone 5. My 3GS likely won't be able to take full advantage of iOS 5.

5. Eso macrumors 68000

Eso

Would you rather have sunshine or clear skies?

6. ap3604 macrumors 68000

Terrible question.

Of course everyone who already bought the iPhone 4 and are locked into 2 year contracts don't care about the iPhone 5...

3gs owners = iPhone 5
    iPhone 4 owners = iOS 5

/thread

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

8. CK1Czar macrumors member

Seeing as I don't have any information about either one, I don't know

9. lsvtecjohn3 macrumors 6502a

Not true I got the iPhone 4 the day before it was released and I'm eligible for an upgrade in June. I'll take the iPhone 5 because if theres an iPhone that means theres an iPhone 5 ;)

10. the20pointmay macrumors newbie

I'm a 3GS owner...and I'd rather have an iPhone 5.

But I have two conditions that make me second guess for both sides

- I'm not sure what advances there are going to be in iOS 5 that would make it a "must-have" update (even though everyone for me is :) ) since we've had such updates in iOS 4 as airplay, tethering, etc.

- I'm not sure what advances there are going to be in iPhone 5. Better camera? Completely new form factor? Better battery? I think we can safely assume it's going to have the same chip as the new iPad...but my guess would be that Apple will have a similar trend in their design process as they did going from 3G to 3GS...but the whole "antenna" thing may change that issue, even though I do not know of anyone personally who have really had that issue.

Thoughts?

11. akatsuki macrumors regular

I am sitting on my 3GS right now waiting for the new model. I am expecting it to be the iPhone 4GS - faster processor, metal back, and that is about it.

Next year will be the iPhone 5 with LTE.

12. Mac-Maine macrumors member

iOS 5 Easily

iPhone 4 Is Less Then A Year Old

This OS Is Basically The Same Sh-t Since Day One

Its Time For A Change

13. kidaquarius macrumors member

kidaquarius

14. fkhan3 macrumors 6502

Give me iOS 5, I can put up with iPhone 4 for another year

15. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

The way you said that makes it seem like you're not enjoying the phone. Perhaps Skyfire and a few good websites could bring a smile to your face. :)

16. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

iPhone 5 because we don't know what will be in iOS5 but we do know that iPhone 5 will be better than iPhone 4 :p

17. lythium macrumors member

I'd like an iphone 5 right now. Dual core phone opens up so much software wise.

18. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

Can I have both? :)

The operating system is more important but the iPhone is a close second.

19. aleni macrumors 68020

i'd rather have iPhone 5, because the iOS 4 is good enough, especially since it includes airplay and home sharing.

i love speedy stuff. (even the iPhone 4 is fast enough, but i wouldn't mind 1 gb of ram so i can load more tabs in safari without worry.)

would be cool to play games and then resume next week and it's still on its state. :D

well actually i'd take both iPhone 5 and iOS 5 now!

20. Caliber26 macrumors 68000

Caliber26

I'm amazed at how often I see people state that their iPhone 4 is outdated, old, tired, tolerable, ugly, etc.

Am I the only one here who finds the iPhone 4 to be one hell of an attractive device? I'd be a-ok if nothing is done to it in terms of appearance/design. I think iOS is what makes an iPhone an iPhone, so I'm more interested in iOS 5 than iPhone 5.

Oh, and my ONLY wish-list request to Apple is: please let me remove those ******* weather/stock/compass/etc apps!! If that was the ONLY change in iOS 5, I'd be more than thrilled.

21. Shambles macrumors regular

22. aleni macrumors 68020

i care about iPhone 5 but i do think the iPhone 4's design is amazing. front and back glasses with stainless steel band around it, it's awesome and nice to touch. i don't mind if the iPhone 5 has the same design as the iPhone 4 but with speedier cpu and more importantly is 1 gb of ram.

for you guys who thought the glass is breaking easily, few weeks ago, my iPhone 4 dropped from my table (about 80cm) and it landed down right on the front glass, i was scared to pick it up and look at the front glass, viola! no scratch at all. i'm glad, this thing is durable.

23. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Completely agree.

I'm waiting for both iOS 5 and iPhone 5.

24. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

25. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

Really? This is what threads here have come to? iOS 5 will be cool, hopefully with lots of new features, but without new hardware people will easily become bored of it. The iPhone 5, without new software, would basically be an iPhone 4.

This is like "would you prefer a sandwich without bread or without fillings and condiments?" Just live with what comes. You don't have to make new threads just cos you can. Make them when you have something useful to say or ask