Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012
O hai

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 164

itjw

macrumors 65816
Dec 20, 2011
Yeah and too bad.

My originals battery is completely shot. I charged it up about 3 weeks ago turned it on to play with it a little and turned it back off. And the battery today is completely drained.

Just as an FYI, but there are plenty of repair places that still do batteries (even better ones) for the 2G.

I had a place here in Scottsdale do the battery on the one we let my 2 year old have (before we got him the iPT5G he has now), and it lasted almost as long as my 5. Now it just sits in my drawer waiting for my daughter that just turned 1 to show some interest.

Plus it's cool to play with every now and then to remember how far ahead of it's time it was (my wife even used it as a daily cell before we got her 4S last year... still plenty usable frankly).

iKaushal

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2011
Mumbai, India
New iPhone 1st Generation - 16 GB :D....nice to have it back....I had bought a 8 GB model in 2008 which I sold when the screen went bad and had to replace it with a 3G model.

now proudly sitting on my desk along with my iPhone 5 :p

here are some of the unboxing pics :apple:

IMG_4479.JPG

IMG_4480.JPG

Appl3FTW

macrumors 603
Nov 15, 2012
Man just there's something about that original iPhone. Such a great device. Although I've owned each model, the iPhone 4 is the only other revision that came close to having that "special something" for me.

4 was my first iphone. i never looked back.

Must say, I'm impressed, yet you are missing two iPhones from the line up. In terms of style, you have all 4.

thanks, plan is to get the S model of every form factor. Original (No S model), 3GS, 4S, next one is 5S.

nice collection....!!

I've owned every iPhone that ever came except the 4S...but the original has a special feeling...it was way ahead of time :apple:

agreed, thanks. i sold my 4 to get the 4S

Interesting comparisons seeing them all together. For some reason I still like the iphone 4S size/shape and of course, weight ;)

4/4S was PERFECT on its time. i feel like 5 is the evolution of the brick shape. just like orginal/3G/3GS are round, 4/4S/5/5S are brick... 6 will be a completely new form factor.

Northgrove

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2010
Haha, this thread made me picture some old forgotten cabin somewhere where the poor "staff" of three employees, bored to death, keep having to build iPhone 1's.

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
It still drains.

I don't think it's really a proper judgement on a phone's battery to use it and then turn it off, and be surprised a month later when it's dead.

It still drains, but the 10 day figure is produced by it being turned on, but locked/screen off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.