Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Jun 16, 2020
Is the rarest clamshell still the Key Lime edition? I don't think I ever saw any in person when they were current, and I haven't seen any on my periodic trawls of eBay.

weckart

macrumors 603
Nov 7, 2004
Is the rarest clamshell still the Key Lime edition? I don't think I ever saw any in person when they were current, and I haven't seen any on my periodic trawls of eBay.

That is an very aspirational price and I doubt it will sell for anything near that.

There are several more mashups with Key Lime Clamshells on eBay at the moment. They are the perhaps rarest of the Clamshells but Clamshells are not that rare. There are always plenty on sale.

Reactions: 1221320

Cancelled
Jun 16, 2020

That is an very aspirational price and I doubt it will sell for anything near that.

There are several more mashups with Key Lime Clamshells on eBay at the moment. They are the perhaps rarest of the Clamshells but Clamshells are not that rare. There are always plenty on sale.
Interesting, thanks. I didn't realise the Key Lime was an Apple Store exclusive, which explains the lower numbers.

I'm curious as to what the keyboard is like on them. I had an iBook G4 and then a 12" PowerBook G4, and they had great keyboards. I kinda wish we'd go back to that style on laptops!

Reactions: MacFoxG4

bobesch

macrumors 68020
Oct 21, 2015
Kiel, Germany
Interesting, thanks. I didn't realise the Key Lime was an Apple Store exclusive, which explains the lower numbers.
Me neither ... but nevertheless - found my key-lime by luck via classified ads, while I had to stay in my room and close to the loo when on a trip to Istanbul (if you know, what I mean ...).
Though circumstances would have more fitted a Lombard and it's bronze-keyboard it was that shiny green oyster, which made it's way to my home to make me forget that miserable day.
It came at 100 bucks and "non, je ne regrette rien ..."
536957-80f986330a008ab5af7ccacd252141ae.jpg

Last edited:

Cancelled
Jun 16, 2020
Me neither ... but nevertheless - found my key-lime by luck via classified ads, while I had to stay in my room and close to the loo when on a trip to Istanbul (if you know, what I mean ...).
Though circumstances would have more fitted a Lombard and it's bronze-keyboard it was that shiny green oyster, which made it's way to my home to make me forget that miserable day.
It came at 100 bucks and "non, je ne regrette rien ..."
536957-80f986330a008ab5af7ccacd252141ae.jpg
$100! What a beauty!

(Sorry about your Istanbul trip! Last time I was there I got tear gassed.)

ScreenSavers

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2016
Bloomingdale, GA
Reactions: retta283

retta283

Suspended
Jun 8, 2018
It's a real shame what that guy does to the iBooks, such a waste of great hardware and incredible price gouging. IIRC, A few members of the forum have claimed he may have purchased iBooks and accessories from them, he is trying to buy up all stock he can. He's been doing this since late 2017, at least.

ScreenSavers

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2016
Bloomingdale, GA
It's a real shame what that guy does to the iBooks, such a waste of great hardware and incredible price gouging. IIRC, A few members of the forum have claimed he may have purchased iBooks and accessories from them, he is trying to buy up all stock he can. He's been doing this since late 2017, at least.

Yeah. I’ve talked to him a few times via eBay. Nice guy but he’s an iBook hoarder. I tried to get some parts from him but he said no, he keeps all his parts and accessories “for years to come.”

weckart

macrumors 603
Nov 7, 2004
To be fair, the machines still function after he's done with them. He could include a decently-sized SSD for the prices he's asking though - I mean, 16GB - is that a freakin' joke?
Tbh, it's not like you're going to need more given the limitations of the hardware, anyway. But yeah, he could splash out another $5/$10 and quadruple the size.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.