Wrapsol Is Junk

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by davpel, Jun 28, 2010.

1. davpel macrumors member

I purchased Wrapsol on the advise of others, having never tried it before. I've always used Power Support or SGP on the front of my iPhones and typically nothing on the back. I've also tried Zagg a few times, only to repeatedly rip them off in frustration over the onion skin effect. I was hoping Wrapsol would be an improvement and something I would keep -- at least for the sides and back. Wrong!

The order came today and the skins are in terrible condition. As you hopefully can see from the photos below, the front and back are dirty, with fingerprints and grime and many scratches. The side pieces are warped and poorly shaped. I will be contacting Wrapsol ASAP for a return. What a huge disappointment.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. BeyondMountains macrumors 6502

looks like a lot of similar posts. what are you looking to get now?

3. graphiteevo macrumors regular

graphiteevo

wow that looks terrible, now i'm not looking forward to mine arriving on the 30th :(

4. Psant macrumors regular

Wow, they couldn't keep up with the demand I guess. They've always had solid products in the past.

5. agoat macrumors regular

why would they even try to ship this screw up films? :confused: they expect some customer too lazy to complain and deal with it?

6. bli625 macrumors 6502a

bli625

+1

I just got mine today and I can confirm there were marks on the side attached to the adhesive (before I removed it). I will be returning it for a refund.

I noticed the 45 day refund on the Wrapsol website. Does anyone know if I can return it for a refund anytime within the 45 days even when it has been applied? I want to keep it on until the Power Support shields come out.

7. zrated83 macrumors newbie

That looks awfull. Hope mine doesn't show up in that condition.

8. turbineseaplane macrumors 68020

turbineseaplane

Another +1

Mine arrived on Saturday, went back today.

Major bummer.

9. str8spd2001 macrumors regular

str8spd2001

WOW that's some poor quality. Glad I cancelled mined and order from SGP. Is there another protective film on top that's getting scratched? I know the SGP ones came with film on both side and after you applied the screen protector on the phone you would then peel the second film off and then you'll get the crystal clear look.

10. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

Wow, that is really too bad. I am set to get mine on the 30th and really hoping it will be good, but I guess I will have to wait to see. Did all you guys above order the Ultra or Original. I am wondering how the Originals have been that people have been getting compared to the Ultras. I ordered an Ultra, but if it comes looking like this may send it back for the original if no one os getting crappy ones of those.

11. bli625 macrumors 6502a

bli625

I got the Ultra. I was hoping for a really awesome product after reading so many good things!

12. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

Yeah, I am wondering if anyone got crappy Originals then. Looks like the OP had and Ultra as well from the pics. Maybe it is something from the machine they are using to cut the Ultra's with. Pics I have seen of the originals have been great.

I would not know who else to order from if this does not work out. BSE is good, but you get no replacement guarantee. Zagg is crappy. SPC customer service is non-existent. Power Support is great, but won't be available for a month still. :mad:

13. davpel thread starter macrumors member

Yes, mine were Ultra. I try to stay away from wet installs if possible.

Right now, I'm going to keep my SGP on the front -- it looks great and the lack of a cutout for the front camera seems to have no effect whatsoever on image quality. I left the Zagg on the back. Really looking for decent side skins now that Wrapsol is out.

Funny thing is that the Wrapsol skins which arrived today look like they've been dragged behind a car! (If you've been to the Wrapsol site, you'll know why this is ironic).

14. macpluslaptop macrumors 6502

I'm getting a replacement and they sent it out immediately. But I really love the Ultra (got half of it on). It's thick and seems super protective. Maybe this is a good company that got caught up in the iphone 4 gold rush, like Apple itself.

15. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Wow, I had Wrapsol on 3GS and it was excellent. Looks like quality control took a hit, those look terrible.

16. LAS22 macrumors regular

LAS22

Thought about wrapsol for my new iP4 next to sgp and power support, now I don't need to. Thanks for sharing.

17. foot56 macrumors regular

I received mine today also and it was the same thing. I emailed them a link to this thread we will see what happens. I’m highly disappointed with my product/service. Davpel
    wait till you see mine it's so bad almost like yours. :mad:

18. ludawg23 macrumors 6502

Wow, that looks terrible.

Unfortunately, it looks like this is the case with the Wrapsol Ultras. I have the Wrapsol Original and they look find. The back and front pieces are cut nicely while the side pieces do look warped. I'm not going to put on the side pieces as I'll have a bumper but I bought this mostly for the matte back. I'll be adding the Power Support film to the front as soon as they start shipping.

Disappointing indeed and it looks like they rushed this particular product. Their customer service is top notch so don't be afraid to call, I'm sure they'll rectify the situation quickly.

19. aluren macrumors 65816

Wow... and this is a $30+ product... Not looking forward to getting mine on 7/1.

20. BulletToothTony macrumors 6502

BulletToothTony

this really sucks

why would a company do this??

they should know that they're gonna have a LOT of upset customers.. i think i'm just gonna reject my shipment..

I Might open it just to make sure and if it's scratched at all i'm just gonna send it back... forget this crap..

Zagg might be a bit too plasticy looking but at least they're keeping their reputation.. how the hell do you scratch they freaking SCREEN PROTECTOR of your product.. ugh.. this company is crazy.. will never buy a product from them..

21. Dsking85 macrumors member

Haha i spent 5 dollars on my bestskinsever skin during their promo. Got it today and it looks 20x better than that. Pieces are perfect. Put it on today and it looks great!

22. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Oh great, I'm hoping mine looks better than that one.

23. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Best company out there IMO.

24. DaftDrunk macrumors regular

Through the desert on a horse with no name
    I also got my Wrapsol Ultra in terrible condition, the sides were stuck onto the front, and there were pieces of debris that just would NOT get out. I've contacted them for a return, but I haven't received an e-mail so far. I may have to initiate a chargeback in a few days.

25. seungmook.lee macrumors newbie

Wow, I just requested refund from their website. Too much tiny bubbles and The material is not ultra clear. It's like a rubber. Will get any cheaper one from amazon.