Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Meister

Suspended
Oct 10, 2013
It says in the description that there will be no overtime.
How are you planning to achieve this?

Don't panic

macrumors 603
Jan 30, 2004
having a drink at Milliways
It says in the description that there will be no overtime.
How are you planning to achieve this?

last game it was the fist time the over-time device was used (at least in the games i played).

usually if there is a tie at deadline, the person lynched is the first one who got to the tied number of votes (based on the final valid votes).

in this situation, when to cast a vote can become a relevant tactical decision

Meister

Suspended
Oct 10, 2013
last game it was the fist time the over-time device was used (at least in the games i played).

usually if there is a tie at deadline, the person lynched is the first one who got to the tied number of votes (based on the final valid votes).

in this situation, when to cast a vote can become a relevant tactical decision
Thanks! :)

Don't panic

macrumors 603
Jan 30, 2004

meister, if/when you have time, could you please read the first post in the scoreboard thread
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1883987/

after the initial stat stuff, there is what should eventually become the "default' complete version of the rules for the complex game format.

I am trying to write them to be as complete and clear as i can, but it would be great to have a player who never used the format to get some feedback in that sense. in particular if there is some specific part that needs to be clarified

if you do have comments, please post in the other thread, so we can keep this one just for this game.
thanks

Don't panic

macrumors 603
Jan 30, 2004
this is shaping up to be really good. :D

twietee, in the OP can you link the first post of the scoreboard thread?
the link you have is to the middle of the discussion, and changes have been made.

also, some details in your role list do not reflect the current 'default'.
if you can use the default, or make sure you highlight the changes, it would help avoid confusion later on.

twietee

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jan 24, 2012
this is shaping up to be really good. :D

also, some details in your role list do not reflect the current 'default'.
if you can use the default, or make sure you highlight the changes, it would help avoid confusion later on.

Yea, will do that but really can't now - no time at all to do that thoroughly. Some serious things I have to attent to. At the start of the game it'll be ready at the latest. Keeps the tension!* :D

*not optimal, I know. will have to get some more apes to write all these narrations for me..

twietee

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jan 24, 2012
Is there room for one more?

If so, count me in.

sure. already flying under the radar again: didn't even notice you haven't signed in yet.

guess 20 players tops, already crossing fingers that this works out somehow..

Meister

Suspended
Oct 10, 2013
meister, if/when you have time, could you please read the first post in the scoreboard thread
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1883987/

after the initial stat stuff, there is what should eventually become the "default' complete version of the rules for the complex game format.

I am trying to write them to be as complete and clear as i can, but it would be great to have a player who never used the format to get some feedback in that sense. in particular if there is some specific part that needs to be clarified

if you do have comments, please post in the other thread, so we can keep this one just for this game.
thanks
Already read it

Will post questions in the other thread, if I have any

chrmjenkins

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2007
MD
Wow, 18. I personally love the huge games as there's more activity. We've gotten over 20 a few times and those games have always been fun (from either side).

Astroboy907

macrumors 65816
May 6, 2012
Spaceball One
Mmm tempting... Got an invite from Twietee whO has effectively brought me back from a long MR absence. Looks like I can't really put that mUch time in until SaTurday, so unfortunately I think I must decline :(
Definitely thanks for the invite though!

----------

If it was anyone else than the game leader who messaged me though, I'd tell you to call Necromancer on them, for bringing me back from the dead :D

WoodNUFC

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2009
A Library
I too received an invite from Twietee, but I think I'll have to pass.

I've really wanted to play the last few games, but I'm out of the country and I won't be adequately reliable until Sunday. If you want to start on Sunday or Monday I'll join, if you don't want to wait that long, then I'll stay out until the next game.

twietee

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jan 24, 2012
Seems like we could have two more players on board when starting on Saturday. Since we rarely get that many people together I'd like to postpone the start for two days if that's ok with you guys. Would have the advantage of getting the rules properly straigth in advance until then too.

But if that's a problem for anyone of you: just give brief notice and we'll just proceed as intended.

Looks like I can't really put that mUch time in until SaTurday, so unfortunately I think I must decline :(

See above, if that was a humble decline, no problem. But if you want to play when we start at Saturday it's ok with me. Still O U T? woodNUFC would be on board as well I guess and it really has been some time till we hit 20players.

Astroboy907

macrumors 65816
May 6, 2012
Spaceball One
Seems like we could have two more players on board when starting on Saturday. Since we rarely get that many people together I'd like to postpone the start for two days if that's ok with you guys. Would have the advantage of getting the rules properly straigth in advance until then too.

But if that's a problem for anyone of you: just give brief notice and we'll just proceed as intended.

See above, if that was a humble decline, no problem. But if you want to play when we start at Saturday it's ok with me. Still O U T? woodNUFC would be on board as well I guess and it really has been some time till we hit 20players.
If everyone is fine holding it up a couple days that would be great, but if you want to start earlier don't hold back just because of me :)

Don't panic

macrumors 603
Jan 30, 2004

obviously you should start on monday.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.