Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Don't panic

macrumors 603
Jan 30, 2004
having a drink at Milliways
....which brings me to a point about the Scoring system: The team that wins should get +1 point for winning, and surviving team members also get +1 for surviving. e.g., in this game, me, Pluto, and Fenris get +1 point for being on the winning team, Moyank would get +2 for winning team and surviving. Villagers get nothing this game and like it. Not sure how that would play with the infection... I mean, would you only collect "survivor points" if you play over half the game on that team? I mean would it be 100% fair if you got infected on the last night and still made the extra point for basically doing nothing? I dunno..

Also, we each get +1 point for the car, +1 point for being a passenger in the car, +1 point for going down to the wreck, and +1 for a Big Dublya... oh wait wrong game.. :D

Hey, hey now, I went in only to lighten the mood with my cool Young Frankenstein joke. That's hardly insulting. :p

in the scoreboard table there is a column with 'wins' (W), which is essentially what you are saying (1 win=1 point, regardless of team), there is also a column with 'survivor' (S) which would be the 'extra point' you are referring to. the 'E' refers to 'endgame, people who played the game till the end, but didn't technically survived because they were the last wolf lynched or the villagers eaten in the final frenzy (like comeagain and ravenvii this last game; rick would not be because he was lynched).

so the info is there.

however, in terms of ranking, i do not think it is a good idea, because there is little correlation between surviving and playing well. for example, in this last game (my personal opinion) the people who played best were @Sythas, @Tomorrow and @TechGod on the village side (good effort dudes!), and @FenrisMoonlight and yourself on the wolf side.
@Moyank24 played a fine game, but she could pretty much coast the entire game and she could have gotten busted at the end if raven/rick/comeagain had paid more attention. Plus of course wolves play much more of a 'team' game, so it is fair they would share the points.

the only reason pluto got one point less is to make the math work: the total of the + points are always the same of the -points, so that there is no particular reward just to play more often.
15 villagers mean 15 negative points (we lost) which are divided among the wolves. i wanted to avoid fractional points so i detract the extra points in order of elimination. i am not sure it is necessarily the best method, but it is objective

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
in the scoreboard table there is a column with 'wins' (W), which is essentially what you are saying (1 win=1 point, regardless of team), there is also a column with 'survivor' (S) which would be the 'extra point' you are referring to. the 'E' refers to 'endgame, people who played the game till the end, but didn't technically survived because they were the last wolf lynched or the villagers eaten in the final frenzy (like comeagain and ravenvii this last game; rick would not be because he was lynched).

so the info is there.

however, in terms of ranking, i do not think it is a good idea, because there is little correlation between surviving and playing well. for example, in this last game (my personal opinion) the people who played best were @Sythas, @Tomorrow and @TechGod on the village side (good effort dudes!), and @FenrisMoonlight and yourself on the wolf side.
@Moyank24 played a fine game, but she could pretty much coast the entire game and she could have gotten busted at the end if raven/rick/comeagain had paid more attention. Plus of course wolves play much more of a 'team' game, so it is fair they would share the points.

the only reason pluto got one point less is to make the math work: the total of the + points are always the same of the -points, so that there is no particular reward just to play more often.
15 villagers mean 15 negative points (we lost) which are divided among the wolves. i wanted to avoid fractional points so i detract the extra points in order of elimination. i am not sure it is necessarily the best method, but it is objective
ok.

TechGod

macrumors 68040
Feb 25, 2014
New Zealand
@Moyank24 played a fine game, but she could pretty much coast the entire game and she could have gotten busted at the end if raven/rick/comeagain had paid more attention.
Thanks!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.