[WW] Simple Werewolville Mach 2 - Game Over, wolves win.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by chrmjenkins, Aug 2, 2010.

1. chrmjenkins macrumors 603

chrmjenkins

UPDATE: added infectious and kamikaze werewolves, increased player count. Changed game to start in day. Added etiquette rule for dead/non-players.

This is another run of the simple werewolf game. I am running this under ravenvii's endorsement since he doesn't have time for another simple WW game. I will try to make it just as fun as he did.

As with ravenii's game, dead and other non-players are not allowed to make strategy comments in the game. While I have no moderation power to enforce this, I do ask you to respect the other players' experience still in-game. Off color comments are welcome, if funny. If they are not funny, you become the main course at iBlue's zombie party.

copy of ravenvii's initial post in other simple WW game:
    -----------------------------------------------------

This thread is for the simple werewolf game. Two werewolves, a hunter and a seer. Great for newbies that don't quite have a grasp on the game yet. The rules of the advanced game can seem overwhelming if you don't get the basics yet. Once you finish a game here, you'll have a grasp of how it works, and can easily integrate into the advanced game if you want more input in the rules, more intrigue and mystery

Sign-ups is limited to 11. Please don't play in both this game and the advanced one - if you want to switch, please post in both threads saying so. Thanks!

RULES:

Werewolves: There will be two werewolves. They will pick one player per night to make a meal out of.

There will be one kamikaze werewolf who can kill any one player at the time of his lynching, provided he PMs me with his choice prior to him reaching a majority in voting.

There will also be one infectious werewolf who can convert any other live player into a werewolf. If that person was a special, they retain their powers. Same rule for PM before lynching applies. This means there can be up to 3 werewolves at once, but still only one death per night.

Hunter: The hunter can pick one player to protect per night. S/he cannot protect the same player twice in a row.

Seer: The seer can scan any player during the night, and the player's role will be revealed to the seer.

The villagers win once both the werewolves are lynched. Conversely, the werewolves win once all the villagers are dead.

I will randomly assign roles using random.org.

Players:
    1) abijnk - dead, eaten by the wolves
    2) -aggie- - werewolf, alpha (infectious)
    3) Mexbearpig - werewolf, kamikaze
    4) NathanMuir - hunter
    5) renewed - dead, werewolf appetizer
    6) willbro - lynched, villager
    7) techfreak85 - lynched, villager
    8) Melrose - dead, eated by wolves
    9) anjinhamarota - dead, caused werewolf indigestion (seer)
    10) fireshot91 - lynched, villager
    11) jav6454 - lynched, villager
    12) Intell - lynched, villager
    13) iBlue - villager
    14) King Mook Mook - lynched, villager
    15) iBookG4User - villager
    16) ShaunPriest - werewolf (infected)
    --------------------------------------

CHANGES:
    -I am not restricting people from the advanced game. If you want in, sign up now!

-I will give specials only 24 hours to submit their PMs. If it doesn't happen in that time period, their action doesn't count. That means werewolves could miss a kill chance. I will take advance votes the day before if you wish, but not 2 nights before or anything in advance of that.

-The game will start at day. This means the first thing that occurs is a round of voting.

-I will post special results as soon as I am online and have them all. Thus, it is highly recommended that you set your profile to invisible mode so that other posters cannot view your login activity to see if you were online in the period between lynching and special results.

To do this:
    Go to usercp
    Edit options
    Check invisible mode

[​IMG]

2. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Well, since you were warned about me I guess I should see what you were warned about. :eek:

(i.e. I'm in)

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I’m in. If anjin plays and she’s a WW, I’m going to have to say the game is rigged. :D

Thanks for this:

I was going to suggest we have something like this.

4. Mexbearpig macrumors 65816

Mexbearpig

5. renewed macrumors 68040

renewed

6. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

I just want to suggest something to make the game more interesting:

- one of the werewolves is an infectious werewolf. that means during the game he could infect another player so we could potentially have three werewolves at one time.

- the other werewol is a kamikaze werewolf. that means if he gets lynched he gets to choose a player to kill with him.

This doesn't change the game play at all but I do think it could make the game more fun. anyone up for it?

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I like the game the way it is. I have only played once. I’ll blindly follow the majority though.

8. 184550 Guest

I wouldn't mind it. However, should the player count increase to 13 or 15 then to accommodate the possibility of three wolves/ extra villager death?

9. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

It doesn't make the game more complicated, it just introduces the possibility of an extra werewolf and another death.

Yeah, I think so. If there aren't enough players we can just keep it as it is.

10. lbro macrumors 6502a

lbro

I'm in
    I agree with anjin, a kamikaze ww wouldn't make the game way to hard to understand but we shouldn't have an infectious ww.

11. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

I'm game (pun!). Provided that Chris and strike the right balance between specials and players I think the extra ww abilities is fine.

12. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

Yup. If there aren't enough players it gives too much of an advantage to the werewolves.

13. Mexbearpig macrumors 65816

Mexbearpig

I agree. It will make it slightly more fun and can help make people the switch to the advanced games when they want. And We should add one or 2 more people for leverage.

14. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

I just want to add something: if for any reason you think you won't be around for the game just don't join. Stuff can happen, and that's fine, but if you know in advance that you won't have much free time for the game (vacation, work, etc...) it's just better if you don't play. The game is only fun if we can keep it at a certain pace and everyone participates a little. The fun part is everyone posting, and trying to read each other, etc. and if you're not around that just doesn't work.

15. techfreak85 macrumors 68040

techfreak85

16. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

Can I join if I'm also in the other one, or is that crowding?

I understand if it is. :)

17. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

You can. The other game doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

BTW, I'm also in. and I agree with aggie, if I'm the werewolf again the game is definitely fixed. :p

18. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

In por favor

How about we all just go on invisible mode to not be swayed by the Login times?

I know I will be, at least.

19. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

I don't mind being a werewolf, but don't have me fixed. :p

20. 184550 Guest

I think that chrmjenkins said to pick one or the other in the first post.

Edit:
    Mistaken, my bad.

21. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

I'm sorry but I have to ask: you were barely around for the other game, are you sure you want to play again?

@NathanMuir , that's because he copied Ravenvii's rules but he then said we could play in both.

22. Mexbearpig macrumors 65816

Mexbearpig

He just copied and pasted. If you read on he changed that. though he shoud edit that out...

23. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Haha yeah sorry. My vacation's over. I came back this morning. :eek:.

Nothing to do for the next...well..month-ish.

24. 184550 Guest

Ah, so I see. Thanks for pointing that out.