WWDC 2007 Keynote Scheduled: Monday, June 11th 2007

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

Apple's WWDC Pages have been updated with a block set aside for the WWDC Keynote address.

The 2007 Worldwide Developers Conference Keynote will take place on Monday morning, June 11th 2007 and start at 9am Pacific. According to the published schedule, the keynote is blocked off for a lengthy 3 hours (9am - 12pm).

No official announcement has yet been made, so this may simply be a rough timeframe. In the past, Apple's keynotes have been given by Steve Jobs starting at 10 am Pacific (2005, 2006) but have only run approximately one and a half hours.

Apple has promised a "near final" beta copy of Leopard to developers at WWDC 2007.

MacRumors intends to provide full coverage of the WWDC keynote, but without media access, coverage can be challenging. If you are planning to attend the WWDC keynote, and interested in helping provide live updates to the mac community, please contact us.

digg

AlBDamned

macrumors 68030
Mar 14, 2005
This will hopefully be full of Mac stuff. Oh wait, the iPhone is being released.... :rolleyes:

DMann

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
Leopard Preview

Apple has promised a "near final" beta copy of Leopard to developers at WWDC 2007.

MacRumors intends to provide full coverage of the WWDC keynote, but without media access, coverage can be challenging. If you are planning to attend the WWDC keynote, and interested in helping provide live updates to the mac community, please contact us.
Wow, a Monday instead of Tuesday..... now that's a first! It will be great to see the beta version of Leopard with all the 'secret' features. With less than 2 months to go, let the countdown begin............

ortuno2k

macrumors 6502a
Nov 4, 2005
Hollywood, FL
Should I wait for the near-final Leopard beta before buying a new Mac?
It doesn't matter.
Beta, near beta, near final, a few months before shipping - doesn't matter.
If you want to get a (possibly) free upgrade to Leopard, wait until they announce its exact shipping date; I assume we'll know in June or some time after that.

Apple gave users a free copy of Tiger who bought Macs after Tiger's release was announced, so I'm guessing they'd do the same this time 'round.

If you're holding your Mac purchase on just Leopard, I'd say buy now. Tiger is still a solid OS and still has ways to go. Many people don't upgrade to new software right away - I'd like to wait 'till 10.5.2 or .3 to update, but I doubt I'll be able to resist.

EngBrian

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Funnily enough I just checked the timing of the keynote as I was updating my budget (penciling in a macbook or Imac purchase). I only looked about 15-20 minutes ago and it was there. I guess I assumed this info had already been released so I wasn't surprised to see it on the WWDC page but apparently this is news.

iMacZealot

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2005
Holy crap! A 3 hour keynote? The WWDC05 one announcing the Intel switch wasn't even an hour!

What could they possibly have that would require three hours to talk about???

bignumbers

macrumors regular
May 9, 2002
Keynote open to press

The keynote is usually open to the press, and not subject to non-disclosure.

It's all the stuff AFTER the keynote that's a no-no to reporters.

It would be amazing if there really were three hours of cool new stuff to show during the keynote, but I'll bet that's just a block of time for scheduling purposes.

I'm hoping the One More Thing will be "Everyone look under your seats - it's an iPhone just for you!" Ummm, yeah. While I'm dreaming, it'll include XCode for iPhone. And a quad-core 17" MacBook Pro. And HyperCard for OS X. (Just checking to see if anyone is still reading...)

peestandingup

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2006
If they're gonna tease us with Leopard AGAIN, they better damn well show us every aspect of it with details. They owe us THAT much for screwing up the release date for that phone.

And if iPhone is released around the same time, have a SEPARATE event for that or else it'll be Macworld all over again.

EngBrian

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Holy crap? A 3 hour keynote? The WWDC05 one announcing the Intel switch wasn't even an hour!

Well if this is sarcastic than sorry I missed the sarcasm in text form. I don't have experience to say if they have ever had a 3 hour keynote. But it seems like there is lots of stuff they could announce. We already know that Leopard is going to be discussed. If the feature set is large than you could spend a lot of time on it maybe not three hours but...plus, personally, I would like to see imac refresh or some macbook stuff.

iMacZealot

macrumors 68020
Mar 11, 2005
Well if this is sarcastic than sorry I missed the sarcasm in text form. I don't have experience to say if they have ever had a 3 hour keynote. But it seems like there is lots of stuff they could announce. We already know that Leopard is going to be discussed. If the feature set is large than you could spend a lot of time on it maybe not three hours but...plus, personally, I would like to see imac refresh or some macbook stuff.
No, I wasn't sarcastic. I'm trying to figure out what'll take 3 hours.

>I wouldn't think they'd spend a lot of time on the iPhone. That would likely be a separate event.
>Perhaps an iPhone developer platform?
>They've already shown us a lot of Leopard, and unless if there are a ton of new features we don't know about, then this shouldn't take three hours.
>Mac Pro's: They've just been updated
>MacBook Pro's: It's possible, but it would seem a little early to be releasing Santa Rosa Mac Book Pro's.
>No iMacs, MacBooks, or Mac Mini's because this isn't that type of an event.

I just don't know what would take three hours.

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
Holy crap! A 3 hour keynote? The WWDC05 one announcing the Intel switch wasn't even an hour!

Why the iPhone, of course!

Seriously thouhg, 3 hours is crazy! I can't wait!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.