Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dizastor

macrumors 6502a
Dec 27, 2001
Los Angeles
Damn. No real info on Snow Leopard.

So that means it'll be under wraps until Macworld 09 and launch sometime in the Spring?

Steve Jobs=God

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2007
Need to put your glasses back on macrumors, because quite alot of the 'leaked' photos were spot on.

Overall though i thought the keynote was somewhat disappointing, apart from the 3G phone they had nothing substantial to offer, hence the large portion of demos, ok there was also mobile me, but thats just a revamped .mac, not exactly ground breaking

tomccabe

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2008
STILL no cut/paste?!?!? They've had a YEAR to fix this very simple issue. My FIVE YEAR OLD Blackberry can copy/paste for chrissakes! How many times am I going to have to memorize a phone number from an email or text or retype the same thing over and over? Phone of the future my ass...get with the present first Steve, jesus!

Freedomflyer

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2007
whoa whoa whoa guys.

People are complaining about copy and paste and iChat?

I just got done listening to the live stream of the entire keynote and I honestly don't know how you guys aren't busy wetting yourselves.

Say it with me..."TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS"..."TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS"...well, you get the point, but you negative guys must just be squirming to come out of the closet. 3G data speeds, GPS integrtaion, App Store, better battery life, (oh, sorry, it is so much thicker...?) for $200. It is absolutely unbelievable. Absolutely. I could have sold my iPhone YESTERDAY for $400, and bought 2 iPhone 3g's. That is absoultely incredible.

Before I could realize why people wouldn't want an iPhone - maybe not durable enough, slower data speeds, no GPS...and now it's an absolute no brainer. Is the lack of COPY AND PASTE and your stubbornness blinding you to the fact that you can buy and IPHONE WITH THREE-GEE INTERNET SPEEDS, GPS, AND BETTER BATTERY LIFE that costs as much as an iPod NANO!?

HERECY!

Have fun with your WinMo's and Guilt...

fflyer

sonictonic

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2006
San Jose, California
Don't forget the 2 year contract with the iPhone... Touch is contract free.

I wish the annoying whiners would stop complaining and comparing the iPhone to the iPod touch. They can run the same software, but THEY ARE TWO DIFFERENT BEASTS! You can't CALL PEOPLE on an iPod, and like many have mentioned, no contract either obviously. So take your pick! Do you want a PHONE or do you want an iPod?

TVGenius

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2003
Yuma, AZ
I wish the annoying whiners would stop complaining and comparing the iPhone to the iPod touch. They can run the same software, but THEY ARE TWO DIFFERENT BEASTS! You can't CALL PEOPLE on an iPod, and like many have mentioned, no contract either obviously. So take your pick! Do you want a PHONE or do you want an iPod?

I want an iPod. AT&T sucks here. And I don't want to pay $100 more for the iPod than I would for the same thing plus a phone.

jmorrison0722

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2007
Cupertino
.Mac Features not in MobileMe

iCards = gone
Web-based bookmarks = gone
.Mac slides = gone
.Mac groups = ???

I applaud the new ease of use of MobileMe...dot mac was not as user friendly as one would expect of Apple. I'm a little miffed about loosing several things I use regularly though.

jay794

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2008
Watch the Apple stock.....

3G - Stock goes up
New firmware - Stock goes up
No increase in camera mega pixel - Stock goes down
No storage increase - Stock goes down
No MMS or Bluetooth development - Stock hits the floor

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
Damn. No real info on Snow Leopard.

So that means it'll be under wraps until Macworld 09 and launch sometime in the Spring?

No, Jobs said they would talk about Snow Leopard "after lunch" which I assume means this afternoon. We should have some information tomorrow as those sessions are not covered live.

sonictonic

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2006
San Jose, California
I want an iPod. AT&T sucks here. And I don't want to pay $100 more for the iPod than I would for the same thing plus a phone.

What you and a handful of others don't understand, is that the $199 price tag is CONTINGENT on a 2 year contract. If you were able to buy the new iPhone with NO contract, it would be well over the $199 DISCOUNTED price. It's called incentive people! They want your monthly payment!

mikenike192

macrumors regular
Feb 19, 2008
I for one am disappointed in the keynote. The whole thing focused around the iPhone which is not even available to over 66% of the nation using Verizon and Sprint (Me). Maybe if they announced open availability for all carriers I would be ecstatic as everyone else. Hopefully I can convince my parents to switch to ATT in febuary when my 2 year plan is done but Att service is terrible in my area while sprint is amazing and the HTC Touch Pro looks sweet. That said I was still hoping for some Mac Product updates like new redesigned MBP and MB's. I was watching the update waiting and waiting for the "One more thing" but it never came. O well.

Well that said if I was a ATT customer I would be driving to the nearest apple store 10 min away and camp outside the mall until July 11. The GPS is awesome and the new apps look sweet. I still wish they would increase the memory to 32gb even better 64gb but SDD are expensive still because I really need to get a new iPod my 5g's backlight is cracked so there are black lines across the screen.

jmorrison0722

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2007
Cupertino
whoa whoa whoa guys.

People are complaining about copy and paste and iChat?

I just got done listening to the live stream of the entire keynote and I honestly don't know how you guys aren't busy wetting yourselves.

Say it with me..."TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS"..."TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS"...well, you get the point, but you negative guys must just be squirming to come out of the closet. 3G data speeds, GPS integrtaion, App Store, better battery life, (oh, sorry, it is so much thicker...?) for $200. It is absolutely unbelievable. Absolutely. I could have sold my iPhone YESTERDAY for $400, and bought 2 iPhone 3g's. That is absoultely incredible.

Before I could realize why people wouldn't want an iPhone - maybe not durable enough, slower data speeds, no GPS...and now it's an absolute no brainer. Is the lack of COPY AND PASTE and your stubbornness blinding you to the fact that you can buy and IPHONE WITH THREE-GEE INTERNET SPEEDS, GPS, AND BETTER BATTERY LIFE that costs as much as an iPod NANO!?

HERECY!

Have fun with your WinMo's and Guilt...

fflyer

3G iphone for $199 is great...for new customers. I for one already own an iPhone and have no reason to upgrade. 3G & GPS are cool, but I can live without them. What I wanted was better software...more computer like...with copy and paste. COPY & PASTE!!!!

I also wanted iChat. And better stereo headsets that don't snag on shirt collars and break every 3 months.

blybug

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2003
Galveston, TX
STILL no cut/paste?!?!? They've had a YEAR to fix this very simple issue. My FIVE YEAR OLD Blackberry can copy/paste for chrissakes! How many times am I going to have to memorize a phone number from an email or text or retype the same thing over and over? Phone of the future my ass...get with the present first Steve, jesus!
Pretty much agreed except for the anger...but you do know that when you receive a phone number in an email or text you can touch it to dial it?

patsfan83

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2008
I read on a post that there was no mention of ATT or other carriers at all throughout the entire presentation...that's a little odd, wouldn't you say? If I were a carrier and had exclusive rights, I better have my name mentioned.

H$R

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2008
Switzerland
Wow.... some people are never happy!

I think people are only disappointed because they got what they asked for. I think Apple has done a great job of updating an already killer product! 2.0 seems much, much better and the new 2.0 software is killer. There is little reason anymore for anyone not to get an iPhone over a clunky Palm or Blackberry.

I have a 1.0 iPhone... I hope there is a trade-up policy! I'll jump on it!

I won't buy an iPhone until my Palm dies. As nicely priced the new iPhones are, there's no need for me at the moment. And I have copy and paste on here which I use several times a day. I hope Firmware 2.0 brings that finally for all of you guys.

Forget the trade-up. They don't give you money for an old MacBook when a new one comes out, do they?

The money back thing for early customers was already a step, which they didn't had to take. They don't owe you any favors/money.

As it looks for now, I will buy an iPhone, when my Palm and my iPod Nano die.

Freedomflyer

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2007
Don't you guys realize how TINY MMS, iCard, and Bluetooth upgrades are to the scope of what just happened?

You've got to be stark raving lunatics...and I mean that literally.

Please, let me again refer to the price...$200. Why oh WHY does a lack of useful but not extremely important features act as a barrier between the real happenings. $200 for killer data, killer GPS, better software, I mean...it's inexplicable.

Truly people posting on this forum must be blind. Truly

capoeirista

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2007
So it's $199. That's great! I'd like one now. Shame for us Brits it will almost certainly be £199 ($400):rolleyes:

serpico

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2004
Vancouver, BC
No big deal

Apple will never learn $99 for mobile me? Bring back iTools for crapsake. Surprised they didn't call it imobile.

I can see all the teens wanting this phone along with the douche bags you see in the clubs trying to get game with it. :D

dokein

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2006
Too many features ;-)

A cameraless version would have been nice. Guess I'll be sticking with $15 flip-phones until I quit my job or retire...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.