Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ppdix

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2001
Miami Beach
all this wait for this?

I am pissed off and disappointed after owning an iPhone since the first day... I can't believe that Apple doesn't listen to us. At $199 they are going to sell 5 million phones in a week to new customers... That's all they care for... But how about the old customers who expected a lot more after a year of stupid rumors and useless fake pictures. Isn't Apple listening? My $499 iPhone dropped to $399 and now it's going to be worth $49 on eBay when the new one comes out. I will probably keep it as a back up, just in case but it pisses me and a dozen of my friends that we have nothing really special besides the 3G to upgrade to. Or should it be DOWNgrade, since my phone cost me double only 11 months ago...:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Virgil-TB2

macrumors 65816
Aug 3, 2007
also dissapointed

Wow.... some people are never happy!

I think people are only disappointed because they got what they asked for. I think Apple has done a great job of updating an already killer product! 2.0 seems much, much better and the new 2.0 software is killer. There is little reason anymore for anyone not to get an iPhone over a clunky Palm or Blackberry.

I have a 1.0 iPhone... I hope there is a trade-up policy! I'll jump on it!
Personally, I am not *seriously* under-whelmed, but I am a bit disappointed as well. :(

No zirconia, no video capabilities, (same camera as before), and while it's cheaper, the purchase price was never the major component of the price to start with. In Canada, it's the contract that will kill your wallet. For me there is virtually nothing on this iPhone that wasn't already on the iPhone 1.0, except it's a tad faster and a touch more accurate with locations. When you look at it that way, it's kind of a "so what?" moment really.

The app store also doesn't excite me as I have the experience of that with Palm and WinMobile and there aren't really that many good apps out there that are worth the kind of money developers think they should get for them.

I will probably buy one because I need a new phone and a pocket camera right now anyway, but I went from "must buy 3G iPhone" before the keynote to "might buy 3G iPhone" after it was over.

It's a great product and still the best phone you can buy, so if you need a phone, it's kind of a no-brainer, but if I already had some other phone that was working, I wouldn't even consider an iPhone till version 3.0 next year.

tomccabe

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2008
whoa whoa whoa guys.

People are complaining about copy and paste and iChat?

not a valid complaint? like i said, my BB 7820 can copy/paste. 7820!!!! if you don't do a lot of copy/paste with emails then maybe you don't understand why this is so frustrating for some of us.

I could have sold my iPhone YESTERDAY for $400, and bought 2 iPhone 3g's.

yup, YESTERDAY. TODAY the phone that i paid $400 for 3 months ago is worth about $75. great resale values these expensive phones have, eh?

Big Dave

macrumors 6502
Nov 27, 2007
Crestview, Fl
Don't you guys realize how TINY MMS, iCard, and Bluetooth upgrades are to the scope of what just happened?

You've got to be stark raving lunatics...and I mean that literally.

Please, let me again refer to the price...$200. Why oh WHY does a lack of useful but not extremely important features act as a barrier between the real happenings. $200 for killer data, killer GPS, better software, I mean...it's inexplicable.

Truly people posting on this forum must be blind. Truly

Nah... we are apple fans and are used to getting more from a Steve Jobs Keynote.

belovedmonster

macrumors regular
May 11, 2005
what a let down, no copy and paste.

Are you for real? Steve Jobs isnt going to stand up infront of the worlds media and say copy and paste has been added. It will slipped into the new updates quietly and never mentioned.

stormj

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2006
California
I for one am disappointed in the keynote. The whole thing focused around the iPhone which is not even available to over 66% of the nation using Verizon and Sprint (Me). Maybe if they announced open availability for all carriers I would be ecstatic as everyone else. Hopefully I can convince my parents to switch to ATT in febuary when my 2 year plan is done but Att service is terrible in my area while sprint is amazing and the HTC Touch Pro looks sweet. That said I was still hoping for some Mac Product updates like new redesigned MBP and MB's. I was watching the update waiting and waiting for the "One more thing" but it never came. O well.

Why on earth would they reengineer the whole thing to work on non-GSM carriers? If you're going to make one, you're going to make a GSM one, because most of the world is GSM only and the US has two GSM carriers.

Plus, I've never loved any of the carriers. I've had Sprint, Verizon, AT&T, and T-mobile in the last few years. None of them make that big of a difference. A phone with a better radio makes more difference than most carriers.

But if you'd been paying attention you would have known all of this.

There may never be a Sprint/Verizon iPhone, and at least for Verizon, you can blame that one on Verizon--they turned Apple down.

ppdix

macrumors 6502a
Jul 6, 2001
Miami Beach
Trade up?

I agree Popeye. I will totally trade mine up too... But we'll probably get $15 for it at the Apple Store Trade Up program... I think I'll keep it...

Stella

macrumors G3
Apr 21, 2003
Canada
That was boooring.

3G iPhone with firmware 2 software looks promising. I'm wondering if it'll be possible to get an unlocked 3g iPhone.

MobileMe looks very exciting - how .Mac should have been long ago. At last, we'll get value for money.

adom

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2006
UK
I think atleast one of the leaked images was near correct...

black-3g-iphone-possible.jpg

Rend It

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2003
United States
iCards = gone
Web-based bookmarks = gone
.Mac slides = gone
.Mac groups = ???

I applaud the new ease of use of MobileMe...dot mac was not as user friendly as one would expect of Apple. I'm a little miffed about loosing several things I use regularly though.

If iCards are gone, it's probably because barely anyone used them. There are lots of free external websites for the same purpose. They're not really a central feature to a syncing service.

I would think that the bookmarks will stay, but it may be better implemented than the cheesy pop-up window used now.

Also, isn't .Mac slides just superseded by the Gallery app?

dacreativeguy

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2007
I am pissed off and disappointed after owning an iPhone since the first day... I can't believe that Apple doesn't listen to us. At $199 they are going to sell 5 million phones in a week to new customers... That's all they care for... But how about the old customers who expected a lot more after a year of stupid rumors and useless fake pictures. Isn't Apple listening? My $499 iPhone dropped to $399 and now it's going to be worth $49 on eBay when the new one comes out. I will probably keep it as a back up, just in case but it pisses me and a dozen of my friends that we have nothing really special besides the 3G to upgrade to. Or should it be DOWNgrade, since my phone cost me double only 11 months ago...:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Welcome to our world!

Quillz

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
If you watch the guided tour video on MobileMe, you'll notice in the demo that the woman has an "@me.com" e-mail address. Does this mean all existing "@mac.com" addresses will automatically be converted to the new domain, or will we have to start registering all over again?

B1gMac

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2008
Does anybody know if MobileMe will work with the iPod Touch? I would seriously consider getting it, if I could use my Touch as a portable digital calendar!

jmorrison0722

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2007
Cupertino
Don't you guys realize how TINY MMS, iCard, and Bluetooth upgrades are to the scope of what just happened?

You've got to be stark raving lunatics...and I mean that literally.

Please, let me again refer to the price...$200. Why oh WHY does a lack of useful but not extremely important features act as a barrier between the real happenings. $200 for killer data, killer GPS, better software, I mean...it's inexplicable.

Truly people posting on this forum must be blind. Truly

I'm not arguing that $199 isn't a great price. I thought $399 was a great price. There's just one problem...

I ALREADY OWN AN IPHONE. I was more interesting in Apple bringing those little things that should have been there from day one. Such as copy and paste, such as MMS. They are not big things, but they are important! Why, because the customer wants it. Not just a few customers mind you...most customers.

If I didn't have an iPhone, I'd get one for $199. It's a great value. But it doesn't ease the pain that Apple won't patch up the few holes they missed when the thing was released nearly a year ago.

PAKing

macrumors newbie
Jun 9, 2008
Hype OVER nothing, iPhone needs a make over

Well it seem like yet another iPhone I won't be getting. We can put a man on the moon, But we can't change our own battery on a iPhone. With today identity Theft problem on an up raise each and every day. I'm suppose to hand over an iPhone with my PERSONAL information to God know who, maybe a disgruntle employee. Trust that they will erase my personal information for me, with out taking a peek and maybe writing it down for his or her personal gain. Like we never seen this done before. It's only been done almost EVERY day in any given work environment. I'll just buy a phone that I can change out my own battery thanks Apple for F@&king up on this one as well...

illitrate23

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2004
uk
iChat - i'm pretty sure that they implied this was coming - they didn't specifically say it, but didn't they say that in September comes the ability for apps to simulate background processing - being able to push data through the apple servers - can push text, image, icons - sounds a lot like iChat functionality

i'm very pleased with the Keynote - the iPhone 3G is exactly what i'd hoped for - and more importantly, it has all the features that everyone who saw my iPhone 1 said was missing.

if you were disapointed - it's because you were suckered by the fake images and vague rumours over the past few months - learn from your mistakes and next time, don't get your hopes up until the Keynote speech is finished

sonictonic

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2006
San Jose, California
If you watch the guided tour video on MobileMe, you'll notice in the demo that the woman has an "@me.com" e-mail address. Does this mean all existing "@mac.com" addresses will automatically be converted to the new domain, or will we have to start registering all over again?

I wondered the same thing and just got an email from Apple stating this:
As a MobileMe subscriber, you can continue to use your mac.com address for email. You will also be issued a me.com address with the same user name that you can use if you prefer. The choice is yours.

Ade-iMac-177

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2007
It's Actually called Snow Leopard?!?!?!?!?
God Damn It!!!!
They better show new features today - it better not just be a minor update with little or no new features

tomccabe

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2008
Pretty much agreed except for the anger...but you do know that when you receive a phone number in an email or text you can touch it to dial it?

ok, what if i'm not trying to DIAL the number (not even discussing the other myriad of uses for copy/paste)? for instance, in business, many emails go something like "do you have so and so's contact info?" It's a staple of doing business. and what is a "smartphone" if not a mobile, business/personal networking device? keeping you in touch at all times. yet it STILL cannot do one key thing that, reiterating, their main competition has been able to do for several years!

in no way, shape or form in the year 2008 should i have to MEMORIZE ANY INFO on my "SMARTphone". never.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.