Yellow-Gate, Hiss-Gate --- My iPhone is just fine

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Fifteen20s, Sep 21, 2016.

1. Fifteen20s macrumors regular

One of the wonders of the internet is if you have a problem with a product, you can google it and odds are find someone else somewhere who has had a similar problem. People are quick to post about concerns and issues but you do not have the same influx of people posting that they have no problems.

While I was waiting on my iPhone to arrive I was reading about yellow screens and hissing. By time my device arrived I was expecting to open the box and have a large yellow snake jump out.

Well I didn't have a snake jump at me, In fact my iPhone 7+ is working wonderfully.

Now, in all fairness, I did not hold it to my ear listening for a hiss nor do any extensive testing. Aside from some extra attention to the screen I did not go looking for problems. I have used my device as intended and experienced no concerns. I have no doubt the problems exist and Im sure some people have defective phones, but remember if you go "looking" for problems you will likely find what you are looking for.

What is the purpose of this post? If you scroll through threads its Issue - issue - Yellow - Hissing - Returned phone. Well my phone is just fine, if it is hissing I can not hear it during normal use, my screen is not yellow and it functions just fine. Order your phone and be happy

2. rockitdog macrumors 68020

Apple sheep are known for their complaining and whining over the littlest things. Most are usually nothing at all but they feel they are entitled to a perfect phone. Ridiculous.

3. Chatter macrumors 6502a

My screen is green and boos at me. Same thing right?

4. meagain macrumors 68030

Yes for $800 or whatever it costs, it shouldn't be a step down from a previous model.
    I'm taking photos/videos - the colors are unnatural and 'wrong'. It's not just a matter of the screen being yellow.

5. Qbnkelt macrumors 65816

Qbnkelt

My phone is perfect. No hissing buzzing yellow submarine coloured screen and no drama.
    I just had a good laugh when I stated this in another thread and I was asked to take a video in a quiet room. Really??!?? Nah.....I've got a life.....
    Loving my new, as usual, perfect new iPhone.
    Thank you Apple!!!❤️❤️

6. GrumpyMom macrumors 603

GrumpyMom

It's just the usual new product release time around here. These are devices with a rather impressive complex design with an incredible array of features and functions packed into as small of an enclosure as possible so there are always going to be some problems.

I think it's fair for a forum member to report a problem, ask for solutions and try to see if it's an isolated issue or more widespread.

I do think it's asking for trouble to demand Apple to initiate a recall when a perfectly generous return policy exists and when many flawless iPhones do exist among many happy owners. I think it's asking for trouble to infer from some flawed samples that Apple's entire future is in question and that their QC is now being run by monkeys. And I do think it's asking for trouble to drag Samsung into the discussion.

We all just need to stick to the facts, stay calm and reasonable and the trouble reports around here should go fine.

7. 66gonzo macrumors regular

I have noticed the "hissing". It really wouldn't bother me too much if I didn't use my phone to record videos for my job. There is definitely an audible difference between the background feedback from my old phone (iPhone 6 Plus) and my new one (7 Plus). It sounds like I'm in a wind tunnel.

Yes, I could get a separate camera, but I chose a phone with a decent camera for the convenience.

I don't plan on returning the phone, yet, but I am recording a competition on the 1st and if the feedback is obnoxious, then I might consider it after that.

8. karmamule macrumors 6502

karmamule

No yellow screen or hissing here either. My 7+'s screen is definitely warmer than most displays, but when I hold it up to a piece of blank notebook paper (which is my ideal for how a screen's whites should look), it's actually still a bit bluer than that.

9. jdsmitty10 macrumors member

My 7 is perfect too. Doesn't make a sound and screen is perfect

10. bobtrotter macrumors newbie

This forum has the weirdest bunch of people on it. I come back every iPhone launch, it's fascinating. It should be renamed OCDRumours or something. Grown adults taking photos of "yellow" screens and comparing them saying they are defective, comparing serial numbers and talking about glue. People retuning jet black models because the have tiny scratches on them. It's JUST a phone lol. It's a tool, not a piece of jewellery. If it's so precious to you then probably can't really afford so get a cheaper phone that doesn't drive you bonkers. All that time spent talking about yellow screens could be used for self improvement so you can then get a better job, buy 20 iPhones and trash one each time it's gets a hairline scratch on it.

11. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

12. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Mine is fine with the exception of the blue tooth connection occasionally acting as if it's skipping. Other seem to be having the same problem, so I'd guess that it's software not hardware.

13. Fifteen20s, Sep 22, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2016

Fifteen20s thread starter macrumors regular

Bump .. i wanna hear from some more Happy People
    --- Post Merged, Sep 22, 2016 ---

To: Qbnkelt

"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy, and good with ketchup" --- I love it

14. P0stalTek macrumors 6502

P0stalTek

This post, and this response are way, WAY too reasonable. I'm going to need you to go back and retype it, but this time with spittle flying from your mouth.

15. Qbnkelt macrumors 65816

Qbnkelt

Yeah the trolls in a well known BlackBerry site used to hate me for it.

16. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

So, interesting that this thread has turned into poking fun st people who have issues with their devices. I realize this wasn't the OP's intention, but some of the responses here sure seem like the pot calling the kettle black to me.

17. Fifteen20s thread starter macrumors regular

With the screen warmness, yellowing, etc .. I do think if Apple offered a "White balance" adjustment, people could adjust there problems away

18. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

I'm in the zero issues camp.

AAMOF, I have NEVER had a launch batch phone with any issues that I can recall.

This doesn't discount anyone else's 'problems', but I consider myself probably in a minority of Apple customers.

19. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

20. Nolander07 macrumors 6502a

I am totally happy with my matte black iPhone 7. (Got it 9/17). The screen looks great to me, and I haven't noticed hissing. What I have noticed is that at the end of the day I have about 25% more battery left than I did on my 6s.

21. cfeirn macrumors newbie

My current phone is the Galaxy S6 and after having to go through one replacement and having issues with my new one, I decided to upgrade to the iPhone 7 Plus. It's nice reading about people actually happy with their phones instead of being upset. I'm hoping once my new phone arrives in the mail I will be just as happy.

22. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

My 7+ is just fine.

• no yellow screen
    • no pink screen
    • no hiss boom baa
    • it's not bending in my pocket
    • camera isn't rattling
    • home button isn't "weird"
    • it's not rebooting or shutting down unexpectedly

23. ATC macrumors 6502a

Reading these forums I thought I have in my possession the only perfect 7 in the wild. Glad to hear I'm not the only one.

FWIW; I inspected/tested/took video: no yellow screen, no hissing, airplane mode works as advertised.

24. Fifteen20s thread starter macrumors regular

No, not poking fun at anyone and I do realize that some people may have legit problems.

When I started this post my thinking was this:

I am a Service Advisor at a Honda dealership. Every day I have someone bring a car in and say they have read on the internet that "such and such is a common problem". I bite my tongue but want to say "No, I actually have not ran into this problem personally. Yes you have talked to 10 other people on a Honda forum about a problem but the other 100,000 people who have NOT experience the concern are not posting because there out enjoying their cars."

The inter webs are off balance and people love to complain. Im sure there are some people who have found this forum because they have ordered their new phone, are excited and want to read about it. I am hoping to offer some balance to the problem posts.

And I am into day 2 of my new phone and still not bitten by a hissing yellow snake :)

25. Mechinyun, Sep 22, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2016