Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coventry

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2007
I have had my new white MacBook for about 1 week. After about 2 days, a small yellow discoloration popped up on the mouse button and where my hand rests when I am using the trackpad. Yes, I wash my hands many times throughout the day......I am a dentist. I did eat a couple of Wheat Thin crackers while using the computer a few days ago. Could the oils in the crackers cause this? Could be from the latex gloves I wear. I have tried every method I can think of to remove the stain to no avail. I hate for my beautiful new Apple to look dirty so fast. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hi,Buddy,I think you can try a palmrest protector which I had used very well.
I find it on ebay.uk,maybe you can have a try.:)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....MESE:IT&viewitem=&item=180082090534&rd=1&rd=1

joop1987

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2006
I got my top cover replaced the 2nd time. The replacement cover got stains on it again. I asked the guy at the genius bar if it is made of a new plastic. He said yes and showed me on the reciept that the cover is version 2 (Apple P/N 922-7754).

This is the picture of my first replacment stained (Before V2):
(Looks a lot worst in real life)

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/4924/dirtbook2oj7.jpg

coventry

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2007
I have had my new white MacBook for about 1 week. After about 2 days, a small yellow discoloration popped up on the mouse button and where my hand rests when I am using the trackpad. Yes, I wash my hands many times throughout the day......I am a dentist. I did eat a couple of Wheat Thin crackers while using the computer a few days ago. Could the oils in the crackers cause this? Could be from the latex gloves I wear. I have tried every method I can think of to remove the stain to no avail. I hate for my beautiful new Apple to look dirty so fast. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hi,the MB is very easy to be stained.You'd better use the palmrest protection as soon as possible to protect your MB.You will feel much convenient after you use the protection.

4hvvlmh.jpg

You can find the Palmrest Protection from ebay.

Star Destroyer

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2006
I had my palmrests replaced about 2 months ago, and i dont think they replaced the trackpad, after comparing the trackpad on my CD to my sisters new C2D its not the same colour. Hers is more of grey and mine is whiter and actually i think its staining like the palm rests did...

Can i call apple again and say my track pad is stained and i want it replaced?
Or do the trackpads NOT stain or NOT get replaced..cause they told me they wouldnt replace my bezel.. and everyone else on here got there bezel replaced.. haha

blackorchid

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2007
Remove 100% Stains on MAC Book

Lysol Disinfectant Antibacterial Kitchen Cleaner removes 100% of the stains. My Mac Book looks as agood as new.

macEggHead

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2007
instead of cleaning the stains on the trackpad, I cover it up with skinstyler Macbook trackpad skin which add some color to my pure white macbook.

lakejames

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2007
Clean With Non Acetone Nail Polish Remover

Try Non Acetone nail polish remover.
Works well and is safe on the plastic.
At 99 cents, it's the way to go.

macfanatic2011

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2008
I've had that problem on and off several times, You just take it to the :apple:store (procare required i think) and they'll replace the case. Wash your hands before using your computer

bsheridan

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2008
I found a quick easy solution is just to use a pencil eraser.

I used a white eraser, but not sure if coloured ones would leave a mark. Took about 2 mins:D

Looks good as new IMO.

Just watch you don't get any rubbings under the keys.;)

javajanet

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2012
This works!!!!

I have yellow stains in a few area's to, I used a magic eraser with Lysol bathroom cleaner on it and it took the yellow off. Just make sure that you ring it out really good so that it's just damp. Good luck!

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
I have yellow stains in a few area's to, I used a magic eraser with Lysol bathroom cleaner on it and it took the yellow off. Just make sure that you ring it out really good so that it's just damp. Good luck!

Thanks for reviving a 4 year old thread with repeated information.

jW

Dwhite78

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2010

What the hell was the point of responding to a thread fom 6 years ago?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.