Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jsmith189

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 12, 2014
Well I called Apple and they don't have any replacement stock lol. So I have no other choice but to wait a while! I'll give it a week or so and see if it fixes itself, if not I'll go back in later.

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
Well I called Apple and they don't have any replacement stock lol. So I have no other choice but to wait a while! I'll give it a week or so and see if it fixes itself, if not I'll go back in later.
You can fix it yourself dude. In the display accomendations settings

uncreativedan

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2014
Do you mean the colour filters? Nah, that just messes with the other colours too. If I use the blue/yellow filter for example, if I turn the intensity up, it makes all the other blues unnatural (and not stock-standard colouring).
Na, not the first four options but the last "Color Tint" option. There you can change the entire tint evenly. You basically just move the hue around until it's mostly right, and then change the intensity until it looks like it should. You probably should start at a low intensity so the screen isn't overwhelmingly colored.

jsmith189

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 12, 2014
Na, not the first four options but the last "Color Tint" option. There you can change the entire tint evenly. You basically just move the hue around until it's mostly right, and then change the intensity until it looks like it should. You probably should start at a low intensity so the screen isn't overwhelmingly colored.

Ahh, I see, I see. Yeah, even then things look off. Everything is just kind of dull. The iP6s+ looks like a torch next to it...

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
Woah!! The first yellow screen post of the year!!!!
My iPhone 6 was yeller. Then MAGICALLY in a few days it wasn't! It's like all the people saying this almost always goes away after a few days -- seriously, there are similar threads below to this with the iPhone 5, 5s and 6 -- WAS COMPLETELY TRUE AND WHY DO THESE NOOBS KEEP ASKING THE SAME QUESTION THEY NO HAVE GOOGLE?

jsmith189

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 12, 2014
My iPhone 6 was yeller. Then MAGICALLY in a few days it wasn't! It's like all the people saying this almost always goes away after a few days -- seriously, there are similar threads below to this with the iPhone 5, 5s and 6 -- WAS COMPLETELY TRUE AND WHY DO THESE NOOBS KEEP ASKING THE SAME QUESTION THEY NO HAVE GOOGLE?

I did Google it, but most of the internet was saying that these were issues with the OLDER models, and usually in spots rather than the whole screen, and that the newer models shouldn't be doing it. So that's why I came over here and asked. I also didn't know if this had anything to do with the changes they've made to the display or whether it was just my unit so wanted to ask other people that have received the phone whether they're noticing it too.

If it bothers you so much, you don't have to come into the thread and read all the responses.

EJ8

Suspended
Oct 13, 2010
Check the "Reduce White Point" adjustment in Settings / General / Accessibility / Display Accommodations.

Boardiesboi

macrumors 601
Sep 3, 2013
Sydney Australia
Can confirm my new iPhone 7 Plus also has an ever so slight yellow tint to the display. Not sure if it's the cheap glass protector that I have, or if it's the "wide colour gamut" that Apple is talking about. I'll wait a few days to let the screen settle or go to an Apple Store and compare to a demo unit...

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
The 6s screens were more yellow than 6 screens. I was hoping that trend would be fixed in the 7. I prefer a crisp screen.

Sensamic

macrumors 68040
Mar 26, 2010
It's kinda hard to see in photos, but the iP7 is on the left and the iP6s is on the right (both Plus). It seems to get darker as it goes down the screen (and night-mode is off entirely). I read that sometimes it can take a few days to settle? Or should I take it back?

I'd just hate to have to go to the trouble of exchanging with stock the way it is at the moment lol.
Did it happen before on your 6S?

I mean, did it had yellow tint right out of the box? Or did it never had it?

AaronChicago

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2015
It's already mentioned but you can manually adjust the tint. If it's too yellow drag the INTENSITY bar over to about 25%, then pull the HUE slider toward the middle. That should cool it off a bit. When you have too much yellow you want to add more blue and magenta.

Put your 7+ next to your 6s for a reference and you should be able to match them.

TheRealAlex

macrumors 68030
Sep 2, 2015
It's kinda hard to see in photos, but the iP7 is on the left and the iP6s is on the right (both Plus). It seems to get darker as it goes down the screen (and night-mode is off entirely). I read that sometimes it can take a few days to settle? Or should I take it back?

I'd just hate to have to go to the trouble of exchanging with stock the way it is at the moment lol.
Ewww grosss.

That goes back.

flashflooder

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2011
don't just wait and hope it's going to change, because it's not.

If you're not putting them side by side, you won't even notice this. And if you live with it for a few days / weeks, you might even come to prefer it. It's all what you get used to.

Trust me, I used to fret about getting a cooler screen back in the 3GS/4 days, and I've learned to stop worrying about it.

Peruvian

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2006
U.K.
Have you tried: general - accessibility - display accommodations - colour filters.

Edit: question already asked.. plesase delete...

Rangers94

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2014

Wow that looks like a pretty big difference. I wonder why this has never come up in any reviews? I love my iPhone 6s Plus screen.

msalisbu

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2016
Chicago IL
Seeing this too on a new iphone7

Attachments

• MAS_1217.jpg
    MAS_1217.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 1,056
  • MAS_1218.jpg
    MAS_1218.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 979

pinhi23

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2016
I just tested this at Best Buy against my 6s Plus screen. Definitely a yellow tint to the screen, and all settings were the same. It reminds me of the Galaxy line after a while of using the phone (Note 4). Is this something Apply can fix with a software update and or replacement phone? I find it hard to believe it will just go away after a few days and have to think it is going to be an issue, especially after they are advertising it’s 25% brighter.

Reactions: AppleRobert

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011

Definitely uneven on the 7.

Won't be able to exchange for a few days, I think unless you're lucky.

Can you still return it for full refund if you try an exchange first?

jsmith189

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 12, 2014
Definitely uneven on the 7.

Won't be able to exchange for a few days, I think unless you're lucky.

Can you still return it for full refund if you try an exchange first?

It's all good, I can wait until they have stock. It's not rendering the phone unusable or anything, just a small annoyance that I'll get sorted out when they can facilitate it :)

Rangers94

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2014
My question is why wasn't this screen issue brought up in any reviews? Seems strange that there's been no mention of it until we all received ours today.

Reactions: AppleRobert
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.