Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nickelro

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2013
I'm already prepared for their denial technique. "Sorry but I really don't see anything wrong with it" and then they proceed to take off their glasses to have a better look and say the same thing
Still I can't imagine them trying to get away with this after you'll show them the 'rainbow' on your screen

Last edited:

kiki lala

Suspended
Oct 15, 2016
I just found a new #gate. do anyone here found any dust under the screen? easy, just put a torchlight on the iPhone 7 screen when black, then will see all those dust stuck inside the screen. when you turn it on most that close to the LED screen will turn black dot. When iPhone turn off those dust color is white when torchlight on it, but when iPhone turn on will be black. mine have 3 spots LoL. I thought iPhone 7 is dust and water resistant.

thomas223

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2011
My iPhone 7 plus also has a screen with a yellow tint.

Are all Iphone 7 screens yellow or have any of you seen one with a normal/blue-ish screen?

In case you have, would you mind posting a comparison shot next to an iPhone 6/6s

BarcelonaPaul

Suspended
Jul 1, 2015
A pal of mine has just collected his 7+ from the EE store here in the UK. He's waited 4 weeks for it. I've just been checking it and the screen is great. Not the white blue of my old 4S or the yellowy screen of my wife's SE - just perfect. The SE has a very yellow screen. But in reality, after reading this thread, how disgusting and totally dishonest of Apple to sell such a high priced product with such poor QC and so much dishonest Marketing crap from fat boy Phil S. The way those guys speak at the Apple events is pure vomit. How anyone can be fooled by them is incredible.

Sadly, since he had a 6+ before, I found it really hard to be excited by this 7+ which just looked... identical.

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009
So after going through 3-4 7 Pluses ALL with yellow screens (not just yellowish, but yellow with uneven tints, dull lifeless colors where orange looked brown), I waited two months and just got a phone with a pretty good screen. It looked perfect at the hello screen (blueish like my old 6 plus), but after setting it up got warmer. It is MUCH MUCH MUCH better than the earlier phones I got. I don't notice the warmer tone at all, and I finally understand why some people raved about the 7 plus screen. The earlier models I got must have been defective, because orange, actually looks orange on this new phone.

Here is the really weird thing:

Like I said, orange looked brown on all 3-4 of those phone I went through earlier in sept/oct. Everything was dull and lifeless. Colors looked washed out.

Now, when I activate the app switcher, and the cards of multiple apps comes up, my orange goes back to that dull brown color. When I bring the app back to the front, it turns bright orange again.

What does that mean??? That is not the panel itself then, it must be a software/firmware thing.

Unfortunately, they overpolished the antenna down to the silver aluminum. So I am undecided about keeping this one. But the screen, the haptic engine, EVERYTHING feels better about this phone.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
So after going through 3-4 7 Pluses ALL with yellow screens (not just yellowish, but yellow with uneven tints, dull lifeless colors where orange looked brown), I waited two months and just got a phone with a pretty good screen. It looked perfect at the hello screen (blueish like my old 6 plus), but after setting it up got warmer. It is MUCH MUCH MUCH better than the earlier phones I got. I don't notice the warmer tone at all, and I finally understand why some people raved about the 7 plus screen. The earlier models I got must have been defective, because orange, actually looks orange on this new phone.

Here is the really weird thing:

Like I said, orange looked brown on all 3-4 of those phone I went through earlier in sept/oct. Everything was dull and lifeless. Colors looked washed out.

Now, when I activate the app switcher, and the cards of multiple apps comes up, my orange goes back to that dull brown color. When I bring the app back to the front, it turns bright orange again.

What does that mean??? That is not the panel itself then, it must be a software/firmware thing.

Unfortunately, they overpolished the antenna down to the silver aluminum. So I am undecided about keeping this one. But the screen, the haptic engine, EVERYTHING feels better about this phone.

I dunno what you're talking about with card switcher don't think I've seen it but perhaps switch from dcip3 to srgb back and forth mode

Reactions: NovemberWhiskey

itsmemuffins

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010
My iPhone 7 initially had a pissy yellow tint. You'd really notice it on icons like the messages app. The green background of the white bubble really highlighted it. But he screen was flawless other wise and I was able to correct it with display accomodation.

The thing is after a week of using display accomodation I notice that the screen now was overly blue. There was a real noticeable blue tint to everything. I decided to turn off display accomodation, the screen was perfect. No tint to anything, proper whites, rich colours.

I must've had on of those screens were the adhesive hadn't cured yet. Never believed in that theory… I guess it's true.

Reactions: Jetcat3

JasonC

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2003
Mobile, AL
I had the same display issues (low brightness and warm color) on my iPhone 7 plus and fixed it with SETTINGS > GENERAL > RESET > RESET ALL SETTINGS.

daffie

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2010
Holland

So let me get this straight. You're saying everyone who has yellowish screen needs to do a complete reset of their phone and voila...problems solved.

Bwahahaha...joker.

Btw you wouldn't have some beautiful timeshare properties down in Florida for sale now would you?

#dontbelievethisnonsense

JasonC

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2003
Mobile, AL
So let me get this straight. You're saying everyone who has yellowish screen needs to do a complete reset of their phone and voila...problems solved.

Bwahahaha...joker.

Btw you wouldn't have some beautiful timeshare properties down in Florida for sale now would you?

#dontbelievethisnonsense

Honestly.. i don't care what you believe. I read many threads and suggestions trying to fix the display issue on my iPhone 7 plus (which had a darker screen and warm tone) just like everyone else is posting. I was going to return mine and revert back to the 6 but came across another post that mentioned RESET ALL SETTINGS. It worked for me and is def worth a try if you have the issue.

NovemberWhiskey

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2009

Bwahahaha...joker.

#dontbelievethisnonsense

I would normally agree with you, but with what I discovered about colors changing in the app switcher, and the followup post, there may be some truth to it if it is a color settings problem.

Not saying it is true. I haven't tested it yet. But not out of question now

JasonC

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2003
Mobile, AL
I would normally agree with you, but with what I discovered about colors changing in the app switcher, and the followup post, there may be some truth to it if it is a color settings problem.

Not saying it is true. I haven't tested it yet. But not out of question now

I am interested to see if it helps others. The theory I read was some devices were possibly shipped with improper color settings applied and resetting applies them correctly.

Reactions: NovemberWhiskey

daffie

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2010
Holland
Ok then maybe it's possible. Still find it hard to believe though. But if one is inclined to do a reset then it's worth trying...

Edit : thought about it some more and really think it's very very hard to believe. People who've done the reset way and afterwards claim they've noticed change must be placebo effect.

Last edited:

janeauburn

macrumors 65816
Nov 22, 2015

This doesn't work.
[doublepost=1481215670][/doublepost]
My iPhone 7 plus also has a screen with a yellow tint.

Are all Iphone 7 screens yellow or have any of you seen one with a normal/blue-ish screen?

In case you have, would you mind posting a comparison shot next to an iPhone 6/6s

They're uneven. I've seen about six 7 Pluses. One had a screen that approximated the gorgeous 6 Plus, with decently white backgrounds (although the 6 Plus was still better). The others were all various shades of yellowish.

I've read some say that yellowish is better on the eyes. Not my eyes.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
hard to capture, so I did it off axis which is fairly representative

the top isn't dimmer, if anything the bottom actually is haha but this is representative of tint overall

its a bit dimmer and warmer towards bottom, but no way I'm going to play swap hell on this one
first pic is 35% autobrightness which shows bottom off better,
dnBhmRN.jpg

BPl3dUb.jpg

totally also not sure why camera shows top of screen as warm and same with left side, not at all what Im seeing. what I am seeing is a dimmer and warmer bottom, a warm bottom. lol!

happy enough with it! plus its on 10.1.1 which I need for jailbreak,

plus once I get a dark theme and keyboard as usual and stop getting blasted with bright white, I won't even see it anymore.

mine also gets bright at low brightness, something I personally value and won't be without in the swap game,

Last edited:

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
My delayed order finally arrived and I compared it to my 7 Plus I got in the store. Store bought 7 Plus is on the left, new iPhone 7 Plus is on the right. I opened it because my store bought one had the buzzing around. This one is a-okay.

thankfully mine looks like the right in real life, even tho bottom is a bit dimmer, but not always noticeable,

Blazerfan

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2017
Are people still experiencing yellow screens? I'm on my third iPhone 7, all with yellower screens than the display models and my friends'.

Here's a comparison with my mate's iPhone 7. mine is the black on the left.

Attachments

• IMG_3384.JPG
    IMG_3384.JPG
    792.4 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Are people still experiencing yellow screens? I'm on my third iPhone 7, all with yellower screens than the display models and my friends'.

Here's a comparison with my mate's. mine is the black on the left.

If You search throughout these forums, you'll find out that iPhone 7 primarily seems to have a warmer tone or more yellowish tone than the stark white display on the 6S.

My 7 Plus also has a warmer to it compared to my 6s Plus.

Blazerfan

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2017
If You search throughout these forums, you'll find out that iPhone 7 primarily seems to have a warmer tone or more yellowish tone than the stark white display on the 6S.

My 7 Plus also has a warmer to it compared to my 6s Plus.

Sorry, these are both iPhone 7s. I should have specified!

itsmemuffins

macrumors 68040
Jun 23, 2010

Here's a comparison with my mate's iPhone 7. mine is the black on the left.

How long have you had them before exchanging? My iPhone 7 had a yellow tinted screen then a week after I got it the yellow tint went away.

Blazerfan

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2017
Thanks for your reply! I had one for about three days, and another for about 6 days. I thought that potentially the shop may have sourced a bad batch. Is it normal for screens to become less yellow over time?

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Thanks for your reply! I had one for about three days, and another for about 6 days. I thought that potentially the shop may have sourced a bad batch. Is it normal for screens to become less yellow over time?

How much are you actually aware of the differences between the 6s and 7? You were on your third iPhone 7 and you believe that potentially they're all faulty? Have you considered that the iPhone 7 just has a different display over the other iPhones you've used in the past? The 7 naturally has a warmer tone to it if you research this thread and other threads.

I have used multiple iPhone 7's/7 Plus's and they are all somewhat yellowish in display.

I think you're going to find out not every iPhone is going to have the same with display, even if you are provided a fourth replacement iPhone. It doesn't necessarily mean there is an issue. Part of the reason may be the adhesive getting warmer when iPhone display is being used. As the other formum member above you stated, you may either adjust to it or it may dissipate over time.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.