Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sheza

macrumors 68020
Aug 14, 2010
Guess I'm one of the only ones who is quite happy about ordering the white one. I have a black iPhone 4 now because the white ones weren't available when I bought it, and have been wanting a white one ever since. It just looks more elegant to me. Then again, I'm a chick, and some would say the white iPhones look a bit more feminine.

----------

You're probably going to have to deal with black bars for a while anyway (apps that don't support the 16:9 ratio)

Yes but at least it blends in. It'll stick out like crazy on a white iPhone.

Psycho Mantis

macrumors member
Feb 19, 2012
California
Nope definitely glad I got the black. I preferred white for my old 4, but the white looks horrible on the 5. The black on the other hand... looks badass - it's all black (the sides are matte black)

Agreed, I've had black iPhones since the very first one. Was thinking of picking up white to switch things up, then I saw the pics and eh. Black looks WAY sharper this time around. The silver aluminum on the white looks okay, but I just prefer the black.

Edit: I think I need see it in person first lol. Will probably look a lot different than photos.

Last edited:

laz305

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2007
Miami
I need to exchange my dad's from white to black 16GB. I hope I'll be able to do so np on Friday.

splashnader

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2008
Via Satellite
I don't really care so much about the color. I ordered the white 32GB, but not as much because of the color, just because in past years the black 32GB has sold out quicker or pushed back delivery date, whereas the while versions normally are not as popular. I think even this year a lot of carriers still had a good stock of white iPhone 5's even after the initial stock of black models was sold out.

cwosigns

macrumors 68020
Jul 8, 2008
Columbus,OH
My 4 and 4s were black, but fingerprints bug me. They don't show up on the white phone, except on the screen. I'm leaning toward white, but will have to see it in person. I do notice that apple.com tends to feature the black phone a lot more than the white one.

borgqueenx

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2010
My 4 and 4s were black, but fingerprints bug me. They don't show up on the white phone, except on the screen. I'm leaning toward white, but will have to see it in person. I do notice that apple.com tends to feature the black phone a lot more than the white one.

Yah also noticed that.

jester0723

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2011
Virginia
I went with the black because I'm boring at it matches my iPad. But actually, the only drawback I saw was that it would attract more heat if left in the sunlight.

I think black is better because the edges look really cool, but also while apps are letterboxed with black (pre ios6 update), said letterboxing will be much less noticeable with a black frame than with a white frame.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.