You guys can forget about O2 PAYG...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zeasar, Jul 4, 2008.

1. zeasar macrumors regular

zeasar

...coming on the 11th of July!!

Just came bk from my local O2 store, they started decorating the center Apple table, and on the side of the table saids: "coming later this year on Pay & Go". So I went up to the guy asn asked him:" the guy I talked to yesterday said the PAYG version is available on the launch day as well isnt it?", and he said:" not any more, it will become available later this year..." :eek::eek::eek:

F**K... now I have to wait even longer to get the iphone.... :(:mad:

2. badgerman macrumors 6502a

Yep, we are all coming to terms with it on a number of other threads on it...

3. sdm1985 macrumors 6502

4. zeasar thread starter macrumors regular

zeasar

I scanned through the front page and see nothing related to the delay of PAYG and that's why I made this one.

On the other hand, I think O2 may offer the PAYG option when Apple starts to sell them on their online store, in which case I see no reason to go back into the O2 store now, other then getting the O2 iphone PAYG sim.

5. sdm1985 macrumors 6502

What do you mean getting the 02 PAYG Sim...Where are you getting a phone from?:apple:

6. johnwin macrumors 6502

johnwin

or Apple? Who says it's o2 who are delaying in the UK?

7. nick9191 macrumors 68040

We have one of the best iPhone deals available, just be thankful your not paying £40 a month for 100 minutes and 50 texts.

8. Petoz macrumors 6502

Petoz

How much demand do people think was for the pay & go iphone 3G. Do you think stores will be quieter on the 11th now (if rumour is true) pay & go wont be available until a later date?

9. badgerman macrumors 6502a

True but us Brits are good at moaning and enjoy it :rolleyes:

10. sdm1985 macrumors 6502

We also have to remember this phone isnt new...its the same..just with 3G and a glossy finish...i think 02 will be dissapointed with the response!!!

I want 02 PAYG!

11. zeasar thread starter macrumors regular

zeasar

Apple will sell the iphone 3G on the apple online store sooner or later, by then I dont need to get my iphone from O2. Just order the iphone from apple and get the iphone PAYG sim from O2.

12. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

redgaz26

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

can't see why apple would bother about payg. They will no longer get any money from the contracts. Apple sell phones to o2 after that I don't think apple care what happens to them. IMO

13. zeasar thread starter macrumors regular

zeasar

Its not a rumour, I have seen their decorated iphone 3G stand in the O2 store today. Pop down to your local O2 store and see for yourself.

14. sdm1985 macrumors 6502

So are you saying that Apple do not want to sell there own iPhone instore on launch day and they would turn there nose up at a direct income by selling the iPhone direct?

Are you saying Apple Stores will turn people away on the 11th July?

15. Petoz macrumors 6502

Petoz

I presume if apple sell the iPhone 3G, it would come with the pay & go o2 sim, so you wouldn't have to get one from o2 separately. I don't think they would sell it without a network, whether locked to one or not. O2 have the exclusive rights, so I think apple would give the sims too. This is possible as no credit etc is required for pay & go, which i believe is the problem with selling iphone 3G's on contract in the Apple stores. This is what I think anyway.

16. sdm1985 macrumors 6502

....but the question remains...WILL Apple sell them direct and WHEN?

17. Petoz macrumors 6502

Petoz

True story. Lack of info is tres annoying!

18. zeasar thread starter macrumors regular

zeasar

True that Apple could include the O2 iphone PAYG sim with the sale of the iphone, but I got a O2 PAYG sim with a nice number sitting here for months, need to port this number to the iphone £G PAYG plan, so I need to go to the O2 store at lease one more time... :(

19. redgaz26 macrumors 68020

redgaz26

no that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying when apple sells the phones to o2 they are getting money for the phone reguardless if its for contract or payg.
    if o2 then say no payg apple will be ok with it they already have their money.
    if o2 say payg again why would apple bother it's not their problem.(IMO)

there's no direct income for apple the phones belong to o2 because they have bought them from apple

20. sdm1985 macrumors 6502

lol and it goes on and on...

Just spoke to Carphone Warehouse Direct and have reserved an iPhone 8GB in Black on PAYG.

The gentleman will be ringing me on Thursday to arrange payment and delivery for 11th July.

...or will he ring and say on Thursday "Sorry Sir Apple have changed their mind and how about one of our contracts"

umm :confused:

21. Petoz macrumors 6502

Petoz

Really?! How did you manage that? Have you put a deposit or anything down? Or is it CPW just trying to secure a customer?

22. sdm1985 macrumors 6502

Try for yourself....

0800 282 949

let us know

23. Petoz macrumors 6502

Petoz

I don't want a pay & go, and I definitely don't want to order through the CPW. But thanks anyway.

24. zeasar thread starter macrumors regular

zeasar

Hum... interesting...

BTW, its O2 who's making up the contract terms and prices, not Apple. Apple only charge them the cost of the iphone, nothing else.