Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyberius11

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 20, 2011
Your apps and phone crash all the dang time.

I've used an iPhone off and on since the iPhone 4 was released on Verizon. I've always loved the build quality. Now, I know this forum is filled with Apple fanboys and I'm expecting to get flamed, and I'm OK with that. I have many Apple products, and will continue to buy them. But after using Note 4 for nearly the last year, switching back to the 6S Plus(64gb) I'm frustrated to see the same issues I have seen on single iPhone I've owned. Apps randomly close while you're using them and you're returned to the home screen. Phone quick reboots or whatever during use and you get the Apple on black screen briefly then you're dumped back to the home screen. I set this phone up as a new phone, no data restored. I was just trying to listen to beats one and the app crashed, then the phone. Yesterday I was checking email and mail crashed and I was returned to my home screen. I have fewer issues on this iPhone than previous ones but it's still disappointing to see the same old issues. I'm sure people will try to say I have a hardware problem, it's user error, or whatever but considering I've had the same problems on every iPhone since the 4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6, and now 6S, that's doubtful. The 3D Touch is neat, though.

Just a rant. I feel slightly better now.

Cyberius11

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 20, 2011
You'll get slaughtered for this. iphones are never at fault for anything.
I know right? I've had my hardware replaced on previous iPhones for the same symptoms. They still did the same thing. I'm ok with being slaughtered.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
Your apps and phone crash all the dang time.

I've used an iPhone off and on since the iPhone 4 was released on Verizon. I've always loved the build quality. Now, I know this forum is filled with Apple fanboys and I'm expecting to get flamed, and I'm OK with that. I have many Apple products, and will continue to buy them. But after using Note 4 for nearly the last year, switching back to the 6S Plus(64gb) I'm frustrated to see the same issues I have seen on single iPhone I've owned. Apps randomly close while you're using them and you're returned to the home screen. Phone quick reboots or whatever during use and you get the Apple on black screen briefly then you're dumped back to the home screen. I set this phone up as a new phone, no data restored. I was just trying to listen to beats one and the app crashed, then the phone. Yesterday I was checking email and mail crashed and I was returned to my home screen. I have fewer issues on this iPhone than previous ones but it's still disappointing to see the same old issues. I'm sure people will try to say I have a hardware problem, it's user error, or whatever but considering I've had the same problems on every iPhone since the 4, 4S, 5, 5S, 6, and now 6S, that's doubtful. The 3D Touch is neat, though.

Just a rant. I feel slightly better now.

How is this something that makes you know you have an iPhone?

Reactions: nordique

Cyberius11

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 20, 2011
You dont know app crashes until you used an android. Trust me I know.
Did you read my post? I used a Note 4 for close to a year. I had maybe 2-3 app crashes during that time. I've had the 6S since the 25th since I preordered and I've had multiple quick reboots or whatever you would call the phone flashing to a black screen with Apple logo and immediately returning to the home screen. Oh wait, nobody else will admit to ever seeing that on here. I'm using my phone wrong. But I've seen this on every iPhone I have owned. It feels like I'm back home again! lol

brand

Suspended
Oct 3, 2006
You can't get an iPhone without iOS nor iOS without the iPhone. I say, they are more or less, tied together.

There is a very distinct difference between hardware and software. You can get iOS without the iPhone. I can buy a new iPad with it preinstalled on it or I can download it since it is software.

Cyberius11

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 20, 2011
There is a very distinct difference between hardware and software. You can get iOS without the iPhone. I can buy a new iPad with it preinstalled on it or I can download it since it is software.
Yes, but I'm not taking about my iPad. I'm talking about the iPhone's I've owned.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2013
I rarely if ever saw such problems on my iPhone 4 and i5. I experienced the whole gamut of issues with my 6+ on a daily basis but thus far my 6S+ hasn't crashed or flipped out on me once. So I would say that the problems you describe are not representative of typical iPhone usage.

Windowsrefugee

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2011
Microsoft Land
Yes, but I'm not taking about my iPad. I'm talking about the iPhone's I've owned.
Have you tried a clean install, rather than restoring from a back-up? With past iPhones, this solved most of my problems. I have had 6s since launch day and not had any crashes of apps or iOS that I have noticed. My old 5 rarely had problems once I did clean install.

kevroc

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2011

If it were me, I wouldn't accept a crashing phone all the time.

You've got to know that what you're experiencing isn't how Apple intended it, there must be a reason for the crashing, nobody writes an app to crash (well generally speaking).

It's just a matter of narrowing it down and how much time you want to spend troubleshooting it. There's got to be some common denominator if it's affecting multiple apps like that, including built-in apps which you know would cause a user revolt if it's happening like that all the time, there's got to be something triggering it.

Apps have log files and crash files that can be looked at by the developer to determine the cause. Apple support can also run a diagnostic on your phone to see those system level statistics as well. Under "Settings - Privacy - Diagnostic & Usage - Diagnostic & Usage Data". If you could have them examine those files they might be able to find the root cause of it all.

Reactions: eyeseeyou

PTLove

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2014
Interesting. I dont dispute your experience, I can just honestly say mine is very different.

Ive gone Galaxy s1 (Samsung fascinate) -> iPhone4s-> Galaxy s4 -> iphone 5 -> htc one m8 -> iPhone 6 -> note 4 -> iPhone 6s Plus.

In every case, I got to android as I like the flexibility of the platform, yet always have app crashes/non responsiveness that drives me crazy and brings me back to iOS, which is much more stable though locked Down.

Reactions: Zaidat
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.