You know you're on an iPhone when...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cyberius11, Oct 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ultravisitor macrumors 6502a

ultravisitor

Poop. "bae" is Danish for poop.

2. I7guy macrumors Core

I7guy

To the op, you are one unlucky iPhone customer. We've had iPhones since the launch of the iPhone 4 and a few blips here and there but basically a positive ownership experience.

3. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

I clearly misunderstood your intention, and naively offered advices to help you with the issue. My bad.

4. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68020

TroyBoy30

Apps on my nexus 6 crash more often than on my iPhone 6 Plus

5. Amplelink macrumors 6502a

Not that I don't believe you, but it is a little hard to believe. My prior phone crashed multiple times. We're talking reboots to the apple screen.

Now I'd still rather use an iPhone than any other Android phone. But crashing has not gone away on iOS.

6. karmatourer macrumors 65816

karmatourer

Wow,6 bad iPhone in a row-must be some type of record.

7. shanson27 macrumors 65816

shanson27

8. pbonitati, Oct 3, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2015

pbonitati macrumors newbie

pbonitati

The only constant is you. Your setup and default app selection. Did you load all the same apps on all of these phones before experiencing this?

Start clean and go from there.

Not saying your lying, but the likely hood of it being hardware/software over this many years is just unlikely. Remove "you" from the equation as much as possible and try and reproduce the issues. I think you'll find the issue is somewhere within downloaded apps, setup, configuration, sync, ect.

9. bronzi macrumors member

Same here. Intermittent issues, but nothing like the OP.

10. bronzi macrumors member

Please go to NOTE 5.

11. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I use both pretty equally (maybe slightly more theniohone because it's my personal phone and have a moto x for my work phone). With the exception of the 6 plus (where I constantly even had failed page loads in safari FFS) I can't agree with the op.

I don't think I've had a single app crash on my 6s plus to be quite honest.

12. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Yeah I don't get that trend either lol.

13. ultravisitor macrumors 6502a

ultravisitor

Please do. And don't complain when it's laggy and takes forever to get the latest version of Android due to TouchGarbage.

14. se1000 macrumors 6502

se1000

As an avid user of both platforms, here is my take:

Your experience with the iPhone is abnormal, I suggest you take it into an Apple store and see if you can get an exchange. I believe springboard resets (apple logo then back to home screen) does capture a error file so they can see where it's happened on your device. This is one thing that Apple does exceptionally well, typically they will just swap out your phone for a new one.

In my experience, both Android and iOS environments are very stable these days and users should expect very infrequent issues with apps, unless they do something silly like sideload a really questionable app.

15. Cyberius11 thread starter macrumors regular

lol! My Note 4 was never laggy, my buddy has the Note 5 and my girlfriend has the S6. They aren't laggy.

The butt hurt is palpable in this thread. I didn't come in here bashing the iPhone. I like my 6S, regardless of the fact that it's crashed more in a week than any of my Androids did in a year. But heaven forbid I say anything remotely bad about the iPhone - even if it's true for MY personal experience. If yours hasn't crashed, I do believe you, and I'm happy for you! It's a nice phone.

16. I7guy macrumors Core

I7guy

You're experience is atypical even rare to go through one bad phone after another. I would do a dfu restore without loading apps as has already been suggested and use yet he phone as is for a while . If you don't want to do that you probably will be stuck with a phone that crashes as the cause of the issue will be hard to pinpoint. Not sure why you even stayed with iOS.

17. Cyberius11 thread starter macrumors regular

Because I like the iPhone, and was curious about 3D Touch, so I swapped back. I'm not a fanboy for either side at this point. I used to be die hard apple, but the grass is just as green on the other side at this point. Each OS does certain things better than the other.

18. masotime macrumors 68020

masotime

Hmmm. So why did you start this thread? Also, why did you pick a title like "You know you're on an iPhone..." which is essentially a massive generalization?

It's difficult to believe this thread is anything but flame bait. Everyone has different experiences, but the way you started this thread seems to be for a very specific purpose in mind....

19. sincere11105 macrumors 6502

[​IMG]

20. Cyberius11 thread starter macrumors regular

Because when my phone crashed the other day (2 days after getting it, I think), with about 5 apps loaded on it and did a springboard reset I was like oh yea, I remember that! Yesterday I was reading an email and the phone crashed. Then today I was going to grab a beer and burger and was listening to the new Apple Music beats one station and the song stopped. Looked down at my phone and the app had died. Then I got to thinking, every iPhone I've owned has been about the same. I expected to get flamed. I am actually rather amused by some responses. It's alright though. I am the only person on the planet with any iPhone issues at all. I DEFINITELY shouldn't have said anything about it. lol

21. Sekelani macrumors 6502

Sekelani

I've owned every iPhone since the iPhone 3G. I've had no issues whatsoever well, a few glitches there and then. But nothing so bad. The iPhone 6s Plus has been a breeze. I am in love with it and continue to practice every Apple product on the market. Oh, and by the way I am using Siri dictation.

22. Cyberius11 thread starter macrumors regular

Good! Siri is actually useful now - greatly improved, I think.

I haven't had any issues with the 3 apple TV's I own, my MacBook Pro, or my iPad Air 2, either. Something must be wrong wth me. I'm holding my iPhone wrong when I am reading emails or listening to music I suppose.

23. masotime macrumors 68020

masotime

Fair enough. But you're not the only person with iPhone issues. If you've seen the thread about iPhones automatically shutting down, I'm actually surprised there are so many reports of it...

What I think is unusual is that you're experiencing so many crashes, especially with a new iPhone.

24. adamhenry macrumors 68000

adamhenry

Sounds like you are getting closer to finding the common denominator on all of those phones with problems.

25. Cyberius11 thread starter macrumors regular

Tell me more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.