You think I have enough cases?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by missygal, Aug 23, 2010.

1. missygal Guest

missygal

2. iggypod macrumors 6502a

iggypod

Wow, that's a collection alright. Do you switch em out daily? What's your fave?

3. missygal thread starter Guest

missygal

Some were free with shipping and I only really use 3 of them. I like the Casemate Gelli and Barely There and Speck Candyshell the most!:)

4. sixxmum macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

I have yet to get 1. Ok, that's untrue. I got the slider today and sent it back without even opening the box.

5. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

LOL! I had that many for my 3GS and are rapidly approaching you for the 4g.

Right now, my 4g cases are:
    1. iFrogz Luxe Lean - My favorite, daily driver
    2. Apple Bumber
    3. Boxwave Crystal
    4. Griffin Reveal Etch (Yuk)
    5. Default Case Bold Black
    6. EL-Cheapo TPU case (ordered from Monoprice).
    7. Ivyskin Reception (second favorite)
    8. Red, Black, and Blue CimoUSA Replicases (coming in a few days)

6. missygal thread starter Guest

missygal

Wow now I don't feel so silly!:p But I do have you beat!

7. ohaithar macrumors 6502a

ohaithar

8. chris975d macrumors 68000

chris975d

I gotcha beat!
    [​IMG]

[/URL]
    1 Otterbox Defender, blue
    1 Otterbox Commuter, black
    3 iSkin Solos, blue, black, clear
    1 Speck CandyShell, black
    1 Speck CandyShell, white
    1 Switcheasy Nude, white
    1 Switcheasy Nude, clear
    1 Switcheasy Colors, Yellow
    1 Switcheasy Colors, White
    1 Incipio NGP Matte, clear
    1 Incipio NGP Matte, black
    1 Griffin Reveal, black
    1 Incipio Silicryllic, black
    1 Speck Geometric, black
    1 Apple Bumper, Green
    1 Apple Bumper, Black
    1 Body Glove Fuse, blue
    1 Handhelditems.com Reveal look-alike, white
    1 Handhelditems.com black slider

This is just iPhone 4 cases in my desk drawer at work. I have more at home. And don't get me started on iPhone 3G/3GS cases...I have over 60 of those!

9. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

10. sixxmum macrumors 6502a

sixxmum

Holy wow, Chris! What's your favorite? I still can't decide on a case. I want more protection than a basic skin would offer, but don't really like the bulk of something like the defender. I've been back and forth on it for weeks. I ordered the slider, but it won't fit over a screen protector, and that's kind of a dealbreaker for me.

11. iggypod macrumors 6502a

iggypod

Yep, Chris wins the contest.

The prize? Another case!

12. missygal thread starter Guest

missygal

13. chris975d macrumors 68000

chris975d

Crap...since you brought it up, I also have the incase slider in the new gun-metal that's not in that photo. It's in my computer bag. I love trying out new cases all the time, but honestly...I keep coming back to the Speck Geometric. I love the feel of that case. After the new of a new case wears off, and I find out its "cons", I seem to always go back to the Geometric. It's slim, but offers decent protection, being made of TPU. If you don't like the looks of the back of it, the Speck PixelSkin HD is the exact same case with a more conservative back style. Other than that, they are identical. If I could give a case manufacturer input to make my favorite case, it'd be a Speck CandyShell with a matte/soft touch finish. In my opinion, it offers the best balance of looks and protection, without being as bulky as the Defender. But, the glossy, easy to scratch back kills it for me. I've emailed Speck several times inquiring about a matte finish CandyShell, and they always say "We'll look into it", but that's as far as it gets it seems.

14. missygal thread starter Guest

missygal

Yes I agree about the Speck Candyshell. I got one today and besides the glossyness I love it! I have a Speck PixelSkin HD coming as my free case from Apple!

15. chris975d macrumors 68000

chris975d

Yeah, no kidding! But, I love trying new cases. It's sad though when I look at that list and realize that on average (a LOW estimate, mind you), those cases cost $20-$25 each (many being higher). And that's not even all of them! That's almost the cost of an additional unsubsidized iPhone 4! Wow...

Yep, if they'd make it with a matte back, like they did their See-Thru line for the 3GS, they'd have a HUGE hit. Those scratches get so horrible so fast on the glossy CandyShell.

16. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

i use to be a watch collector, that made me go broke fast. haha.

17. chris975d macrumors 68000

chris975d

I've got a few higher end watches, but yes, that will take a huge chunk of your money quickly. But at least with that, you have something you can sell at a later date for probably more than you have invested in them. These cases are money lost basically.

18. missygal thread starter Guest

missygal

What is the yellow one?

19. iMaconApple macrumors 6502a

i only have a bumper:eek: just waiting on power support screen/lucky lab decals then ill be set..i spent over 200+$ on my 3GS not going to go over board on iphone 4 this time..lol..plus i like the iphone 4 to show no cover it up..i baby my iphone 4 like i did my 3GS always clean and #1 rule...never drop it:D

20. missygal thread starter Guest

missygal

I really dont want to cover it up but Im too scared Ill drop it!

21. chris975d macrumors 68000

chris975d

Switcheasy Colors case. It's an all silicone case. Very nice silicone, not too tacky/lint attracting, but I'm just not too keen on all silicone cases. Just too darn hard to pull in and out of a pocket or the Marware holster I use when I'm at work.

22. DrumApple macrumors 6502

I love the MacRumors Apple logo, I literally want to bite my screen every time.

23. iMaconApple macrumors 6502a

do you get flash problems with them case? i hear that the cut out for the flash on some case dont get a good flash spread out..like it will reflect on the case..

24. missygal thread starter Guest

missygal

Nice looking from here but ya trying to get out of your pocket can be a pain. Mine lives in my pocket during the day.

25. chris975d macrumors 68000

chris975d

If you want a case that will still show off the design of the iPhone, go to Wal-Mart and see if they have the Incipio NGP Matte in what Incipio calls "Translucent Mercury". Apparently Wal-Mart is the only one that has this version of the NGP, as it's not even available straight through Incipio on their website. It's basically a smoke gray color, but is somewhat transparent, and still allows the back of the phone and silver sides to show through the case. And it's not a glossy finish, either. It's a nice matte finish that feels a lot like the Speck Geometric or PixelSkin HD. So it'd still have some decent drop protection, and is as slim as the two Specks. It's the gray Incipio in my pic.

Added: to be precise, it's the bottom left case in my pic. Click on it in my original link to see a larger rez photo of the cases. I edited the original post to link to the bigger photo.