Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

corry20

macrumors regular
Apr 27, 2006
For my work out I use the Sennheiser OMX80 and also use the Bose QuietComfort 2.I know some people had some people have had problems with Quiet Confort 2 headphone band but I haven't had any.

jcole31

macrumors regular
Jul 20, 2010
Had them for 2 years and tried everything. Seems worse in my left ear. Must be the shape of my ear canal.

I have the same problem with my set of E2Cs. The things will not stay seated in my easr no matter how I orientate them or what tip I use. I've had mine about 3 years and I've finally realized that I need to get something else.

theautopilot

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2010
Got some Comply ear tips and i am so impressed and a little disappointed i had not bought some years back. The lacklustre bass of my Shure's is vastly improved, they are the most comfortable things i have ever have in my ears and at long last they don't keep falling out or need repositioning all the time.

I know quite a few people around here use them, so i may be preaching to the converted, but i just have to say how pleased i am with them. Expensive, but worth every penny :)

Only downside is a little suppression of the top end, but worth it.

macsonly

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2010
The stock apple headphones are the best out there, i wouldn't choose anything else.
don't even dare doubt me, i'm a music producer and trust me, i know quality.

aawil

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2008
Been using the bowers & wilkins P5's and have been very happy with them so far.

Outrigger

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2008
I use Sennheiser HD595 for more serious listening and V-moda remix for on the go since its more mobile.

slyderulz

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2008
Sennheiser MM70 ip

I just got the Sennheiser MM70 ip last week. I have both the Senn MM50 ip and the Klipsch S4is and this new pair seems to blend the best of both those sets. I preferred the fuller sound and bass of the Senn MM50s to the S4is (as well as comfort for my ears) but I liked in inline volume control on the Klipsch.

The new Senns come with even more earbud options to customize the fit...finally I found a set of in-ears that don't start to hurt after more than 30-45 minutes of continuous listening.

Mr. Biggles

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2009
Western New York
The stock apple headphones are the best out there, i wouldn't choose anything else.
don't even dare doubt me, i'm a music producer and trust me, i know quality.

I'll doubt you in a heart beat. The stock Apple headphones are mediocre on a good day. Personal and professional reviews all bear this out.

Best out there....:confused:

halisray

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2009
MTL
I'm curious how you guys choose your music to go onto your phone.. I have like 70 gigs of music on my MB and an 80 gig Classic, but I want music on my phone too and just wondering how you guys pick the music you want to go on your phone?

planning on putting around 8-10gb of music on tonight

edit: do I make a playlist and add that to my iphone? will that separate my music into artists or will it just show all the songs at once on my phone?

Eddyisgreat

macrumors 601
Oct 24, 2007
I'm curious how you guys choose your music to go onto your phone.. I have like 70 gigs of music on my MB and an 80 gig Classic, but I want music on my phone too and just wondering how you guys pick the music you want to go on your phone?

planning on putting around 8-10gb of music on tonight

edit: do I make a playlist and add that to my iphone? will that separate my music into artists or will it just show all the songs at once on my phone?

I have a playlist (or two or twenty) of "classics" that i've been listening to for YEARS and never gets tiring.

All else is full cd rips admittedly with some tracks I never (plan on) listening to.

Even though my library is around 90 gigs, i'd never listen to all that junk. I never use more than 4 GB on the go.

And yes, you just make a playlist to add.

Bleh5

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2007
slyderulz,

Are the MM 70 IP's asymmetrical like the MM50 IP's (uneven length left and right cords)? I haven't been able to find a definitive answer anywhere.

I just got the Sennheiser MM70 ip last week. I have both the Senn MM50 ip and the Klipsch S4is and this new pair seems to blend the best of both those sets. I preferred the fuller sound and bass of the Senn MM50s to the S4is (as well as comfort for my ears) but I liked in inline volume control on the Klipsch.

The new Senns come with even more earbud options to customize the fit...finally I found a set of in-ears that don't start to hurt after more than 30-45 minutes of continuous listening.

iMarcos

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2010
Portable, for my iPhone:

- In ear, high quality, no budget limitations: Shure SE535
- In ear, best bang for the buck: Klipsch Image S4i
- On Ear: Sennheiser PX200-IIi or PX100-IIi

Sweetbike40

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2007
NY/NJ
I just purchased a pair of Klipsch S4i's. The sound quality is awesome and they're very light. I highly recommend them!!

I got these and they are the best earbuds I have ever bought. It was between these and Grado. I ended up with these because of the remote. The sound is so good. Very happy with them. I lost that great little clip that comes with them though. Anyone get a replacent of it?

TBONE72

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2007
I just got a pair of Etymotic HF-3's as a reward for myself completing my first marathon. I have had a pair of Shure's E2C & SE-210. Gotta say, the Etymotic's are AMAZING!!! Best sound I have ever heard. I'm glad I saved up for these.

Drag'nGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2008
My stock headset with JVC Marshmallow ear buds soldered in place of the stock set.

I have a set of Shures as well but they're too bulky.

buymeaniphone

macrumors 6502
Feb 8, 2007
San Antonio, Texas
I really like the Bluetooth Wireless headphones from JayBird, they're called the SB2 or Sportsband. The sound quality won't blow your mind, but the flexibility of having wireless headphones with your iPhone is worth it. They are actually the same exact headphones as Scosche's tuneSTREAMS but Jaybird offers them in different colors for the same price.

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
If I'm feeling up to it, it's usually my Bose On-ears. For example, traveling, studying, at Starbucks, etc. But usually for casual outings, I just use the Apple earbuds with remote and mic. If I drop them, lose them, break them due to rough handling, it's not as big of a loss.

JoeRomero100

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2010
Apple Earbuds Are The Best Value

Personally, I feel that Apple earbuds are the very best value for your earbud choice. I know that a lot of people get really down on them, but I also believe that most people complaining tend to be audiophiles who want a $150 pair of earphones to go with their $300 iPhone, which does not make a lot of sense. For the value (free) they are great. I would recommend you get a pair of earbud covers for them, to keep them comfortable and extend their useful life, but I still see about 60% of people continue to use them so they must not be that bad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.