Your Sunday....

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by zali0n, Mar 29, 2009.

1. zali0n macrumors regular

What does everyone's Sundays usually entail?

Mine would be a nice lay in and spending the day relaxing, catching up on TV shows, podcasts, reading a few books, a bit of studying and maybe some TF2. Then usually I watch my local team play Ice Hockey in the evenings :)

Today though I'm at work for 12 hours, time for some Quake 3 me thinks :rolleyes:

2. Pixellated macrumors 65816

Sit around, watch TV, go on MR, go on Engadget, go on MR again, play PS3 etc... It is a small world BTW:)

3. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

I had a perfect Sunday today.

Got up early (5am) and did some washing.
    Went for a walk.
    Stopped in at a coffee shop on the way home and had a pot of tea and read a book as the sun came up.
    Went to the local park and continued said book.
    Got home and did a few hours study (I love what I'm doing so this is good!).
    Went to the shops and purchased a new pen (Pilot G2ex) and a folder and plastic sleeves.
    Visited parents to see what they were up to (I'm a good Son).
    Picked up friend from school and played 18 holes at a local course.
    Did some gardening and had a shower.
    Played GTA chinatown wars.
    Made some dinner.
    And I'm just finishing it all off with a few more hours of study whilst I eat.
    Will crash around 9-930 tonight in my fresh, crisp sheets from this morning's wash.
    :).

4. zali0n thread starter macrumors regular

Sounds good everyone, yes Pixellated it is a small world :) How is ol' Dartford!

5. Pixellated macrumors 65816

Cold, just cold.... :D

6. bartelby macrumors Core

Got up at 6am to watch the F1 GP.

Will walk the dogs after it's finished.

7. wvuwhat macrumors 65816

wvuwhat

I'll be working on a hangover, which I'm adding to right now. Hard night out with the friends, my buddies 23rd birthday. When I wake up I'll grill some steaks, have a few more friends over and watch some basketball. I've got my girl coming from home up to my school tomorrow, it's 2.5 hours away, she loves me :). This Sunday should be an epic one.

8. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

that sounds very refreshing and lively :) which tea house did you go to and which course did you play at?

9. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Ooh I'm not sure I want to give too much of my identity away richthomas :)! But to narrow it down I'm in sydney and played golf on the north shore. I just went to a local independent coffee shop that is always very welcoming :).

You're right it has been refreshing. Getting up early and getting into things straight away gives the impression that the day is very long and that one has used it productively. I hate nothing more than for dusk to roll around and all i've done is lounge around home. I need to get out and about to be satisfied :)!

10. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Ok it's Sunday and I am still awake. I'll be awake for probably a few hours more just laying on the couch watching a few more TV shows in iTunes.

I'll sleep till around noon or so. Wake up and grab a cold Coke out of the fridge (Cokes are all that's in the fridge by the way) and head back downstairs and crash on the couch and watch a few more TV show episodes, maybe a whole bunch more.

Now it will be about 7pm and I'm getting hungry. Since I've been too lazy to go buy any grocerys and my cupboards and fridge is as empty as the day they were installed, I need to go out and grab something. Maybe get a burger at Carl's Jr or Jack In the Box or maybe a sub at Quiznos.

Come home and grub while watching another TV show or two maybe a bunch more.

Around midnite, I'm probably gonna still be here sitting on the couch watching a few TV shows in iTunes. Most likely a bunch more. :) I got three seasons of Supernatural to work my way through, oh and two seasons of Dead Like me.

11. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

oops meant "refreshing and lively" in my other post.

yes i love starting the day early and getting things done. i love the part of the morning where it just starts to warm up especially this time of the year. then study and assignments are just so easy to start.

unfortunately this weekend ive been a bit lazy and gone to bed and got up at an insane hour because of a few 21st birthdays and now i feel tired and i have to start an assignment :(.

12. Shaun.P macrumors 68000

Shaun.P

I work every Sunday from 11-5. Which isn't too bad. It's 9.30am just now, so I better get ready!

13. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

Got up at 6:30am, had some breakfast which consists of toast and coffee

Had a shower, got dressed did the breakfast dishes. When on macrumors, played some donkey kong country 3, watched some more 24 season 1, played a bit more donkey kong etc.

Will be going to my parents for dinner at 6, then come home watch more tv have a few beers try to forget about this past week what a disaster, shower then sleep

14. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Will get up 6 AM in the morning, get dressed and go to a mass at 8 AM like a good Christian.

NOT.

Probably will not do ****. I keep telling myself to get on with studying Disability Law, but we'll see... :p

15. LumbermanSVO macrumors 65816

Driving, lots of driving... :D

I just drove a little over a hundred miles after midnight (over 500 before midnight). I'll wake up this afternoon and drive from western Kansas to somewhere in NM or AZ on US-54 and I-40.

16. allmIne macrumors 6502a

allmIne

Thanks to the clocks going forward, I woke up at 11.30, still tired. I've just had a big fry, gonna go to gym soon, then see my girlfriend.

Oh, and dad wants me to put some stuff on ebay for him.

17. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

So far-

Got up at 11:00
    Off to my cousins place to do my cat sitting duties whilst shes away.
    Probably play some L4D or TF2
    Maybe a snack
    More games :eek:
    Sunday roast (chicken), with Diam Cake for dessert (utter. fave.)
    Phone girlfriend, she'll be doing coursework.
    Games :eek::eek:
    Cat duties again.
    Bed.

Absolutely boring Sunday this will be.

18. EvanLugh macrumors 68000

EvanLugh

1. Got up at 11:30 (clocks changing + hangover)
    2. Going to make a smoked cheese, applewood cheese, mozzeralla and chilli seed toasty
    3. Going to tidy up for a few hours
    4. Facebook for an hour (lol)
    5. Go to football
    6. Drive around for a bit with friends
    7. Make a big sunday roast, beef, yorky puds the lot.
    8. Shower
    9. TV or iPlayer
    10. Bed
    11. ?????

First on the list is to stick to it.

19. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

My schedule recently shifted and I'm doing an overnight shift running a Web site on Friday and Saturdays. So now, it's almost 7 am Sunday and I just finished work. Did some shopping yesterday so now I'll probably play a little World of Warcraft and read then sleep.

I've been trying not sleep a full "night" on Sunday to help my clock adjust back as I work days come Tuesday.

20. PCsucks macrumors member

FOOTBALL! but since its not football season i stare into the wall:p

21. DeadRobot macrumors newbie

1. Wake up at 8 AM
    2. Study until 11 PM (with occasional breaks)
    3. Sleep

Yes, very exciting, I know. I'm a junior in high school and this is the time where I need to be studying if I want to get into a decent college.

22. Beerfloat macrumors regular

Beerfloat

I spent most of my day on a street corner asking for change because my new Mac really broke the bank.

Later on I'm going to help my girlfriend Lauren install XP on her new HP laptop.

23. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Get up late.
    Power up Mac, and make coffee.
    Put on some music.
    Check lotto results.
    Surf.
    BS with some buds on Chatzy.
    Plan next weeks drives.
    Eat, when really "requested" (not driven by my stomach, never have been)
    We have rain today, so not planning on venturing out. I had 6 days of that. ;)

24. SLC Flyfishing Suspended

SLC Flyfishing

Kids woke me up at 7:15 (sunday's supposed to be the sleep late day at my house),
    fed the kids breakfast,
    play with toys for a while,
    read the news,
    bathe and dress the kids,
    Shower,
    dress for church,
    go to church,
    send the family for a nap,
    play Wii for an hour or so,
    visit my mother for dinner,
    Watch a movie with my wife,
    do Calculus homework,
    go to bed.

SLC

25. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

Woke up at about 7:00ish or a bit later, still suffering with the weather-related headache I had yesterday (which woke me up several times during the night also).

Made a cup of Peet's Sumatra Blend.

Read a Smithies article on Peary and Cook.

Had Breakfast.

Made a cup of Starbucks Sumatra Blend (which blows Peet's out of the water any day of the week... I don't know why I bought Peet's in the first place).

Opened up my MBP, checked CNN, MR, EG, TUAW, Twitter.

Typed my response under the Your Sunday... thread.

BORing day when I'm not feeling well. Would've gone down to play football w some friends if I didn't have this headache. Damn.