YouTube for iOS Gains New Dark Mode

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Mar 13, 2018.

1. 69Mustang macrumors 603

69Mustang

Google just paying homage to Apple's 50 Shades of Space Gray.:D:p

2. DeepIn2U macrumors 603

DeepIn2U

I'm still trying to understand why search and view history is to be cleared within the app itself vs in the main iOS settings location. I'm not even signed into nor ever have to the youtube app. I don't use gmail either and never signed into iOS using that account, so why am I being tracked? Yeah dark mode.

Apple take this as a hint and offer iOS real dark mode for iPhone X at the very least.

3. MrGuder macrumors 68030

I just got it but it wasn't a software update. If you close the app (make sure it's closed and not open in the background) then relaunch and it will ask you do you want to turn on dark mode? YES!!

4. Ds6778 macrumors 6502a

Ds6778

Background playback? I’ve had that for a while..

5. Apple blogger macrumors 6502a

Question.. I have my app updated to version 13.08, being an update released a week ago. And today I opened my app after reading this article, and I got a pop “do you want to check out the new dark theme”... and it got me thinking, how did google add a new feature to the app without an update? Surely it’s not an update like the map etc, where it’s server side. This is a UI feature, and how can it get updated without the app being updated through the App Store?

6. RamGuy macrumors 6502a

RamGuy

It's really inconsistent.. It goes back to being white all the time so I have to re-enable the feature all the time. Really annoying.

7. MrGuder macrumors 68030

Yeah it makes you wonder if they have control of your phone without you knowing in the background.

8. imronburgundy macrumors regular

imronburgundy

o_O

9. Internet Enzyme macrumors 6502a

Internet Enzyme

YouTube's Dark Mode is the laziest I've seen. Twitter looks gorgeous in dark mode. They didn't just change the white to black and the text from black to white like YouTube, the interface is wholly different and complements the service.

10. cox-orange macrumors newbie

cox-orange

Can I finally delete my browsing history and other privacy-related data in the app? This is what kept me from using the YouTube app in the past.

11. MrGuder macrumors 68030

Yes in setting you can clear your watched history and below that is another option to clear your search history.