Zagg Folio for The New iPad ready for order now

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by wirelessness, Mar 8, 2012.

1. wirelessness macrumors 6502

Yesterday I ordered a Black Carbon Zagg Folio for the New iPad. The Black Carbon models w/ Silver and Black Keyboard claim to be delivered between 3/9 and 3/12. The other colors will take longer though. I'm pretty stoked because I really wanted to get a new case BEFORE my iPad was delivered. Looks like this is going to work.

2. wirelessness thread starter macrumors 6502

If anyone is interested in this case for the new iPad I ordered mine on 3/7 and it arrived on 3/10. Not bad. Right now I think this is one of the few keyboard cases available before launch.

3. neweipadfan macrumors member

4. karkalec macrumors newbie

Did I just get Zagged?

I ordered an Ipad 3 last week. Also last week I noticed Zagg had put up a Zaggfolio on their website for the New Ipad. A note below it said shipping expected 3/26-3/29 or something like that. I assumed that meant they were waiting for the Ipad to release and be sure of fit before they started selling their new and slightly larger cases. Imagine my surprise when it arrived in the mail today, then imagine my surprise when I opened it and the box said, "for Ipad 2"!

I called Zagg immediately and they told me that it was because they didn't have any boxes that said New Ipad, but the case inside had definitely been designed for the New Ipad. Now I don't have an MBA, but wouldn't they get the boxes ready much sooner, then wait to find out what the dimensions are before selling the new cases? Of course if the Ipad fits I won't really care a whole lot, I was just wondering if anyone else smells a rat.

5. neweipadfan macrumors member

Just recieved mine a few minutes ago and noticed that the box says for the iPad2 as well. I emailed them waiting on a answer if it really for the iPad2 and fits my new ipad Friday im going to be pissed, since i could have used a discount coupon and got free ear buds with the ipad 2 case

6. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

That's one reason why as much as I wanted it with my new iPad on release day I'm glad I didn't buy it yet.

I want to be sure which cases fit what.

7. captrlp macrumors newbie

I have visited the corporate store twice in the past week regarding the Zaggfolio. I will tell you that most of their employees have no clue about the cases and redesign.
    I too purchased the carbon folio, with a "new iPad" sticker on it. I have inquired and received the same response. I will be back there tomorrow comparing the cases side by side. I'll post my findings. In the interim.... Yes, smells like a rat:(

8. glen e macrumors 68030

I would never buy a zagg product
    bad cust service
    lousy products
    only exist as they have the best buy account
    they shill here...

I have owned 3 screen films and tore off every one of them....

9. ipadfreak macrumors regular

I ordered one and will get it tomorrow. If it does not fit, I am going to call and yell at the CS. Then I will get free stuff :)

10. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

Would like to hear about the side by side. Their shields suck and I wouldn't even use if free. the folio doesn't seem bad though.

Every video I see they are basically forcing the iPad 2 out of the case. If it's that tough (at least from video looks) that's my only thing that kept me from maying a 2 case for the new.

11. fruitpunch.ben macrumors 6502a

fruitpunch.ben

From what I can see from comparing the specs of the new iPad/iPad 2 folio cases, they seem to be exactly the same. The only difference is that there is are two new colours available for the new iPad, one in poly... the other leather. The weight and sizes otherwise are identical. It makes sense, all the reviews of the new iPad say it fits every iPad 2 case they've thrown at it, so Zagg probably just rebadged the old one. If so, that's pretty devious for all those who already own an iPad 2 ZaggFolio

12. neweipadfan macrumors member

not to mention there was a $30 coupon on the ipad2 version so it would have been $30 less for the same case

13. karkalec macrumors newbie

email to CEO

Here is the text of my email to CEO Robert Pedersen (ceo@zagg.com):

Dear Mr. Pedersen,

I recently ordered a Zaggfolio advertised on your website as being designed for the New Ipad, sometimes referred to as the Ipad 3. I'm sure you are well aware that this Ipad was redesigned and is 0.8 mm thicker as a result. Ipad customers are very discerning folk and of course expect that high-end accessories are customized to fit the Apple product they own precisely. I was very pleased to see that your design team had worked so quickly to manufacture a case according to the new specifications.

When my Zaggfolio arrived yesterday--a full 2 days before the Ipad will hit the market--it turned out what your company sent me was an Ipad 2 case. I called the Customer Service number to discuss the matter with them and was told by the representative that Zagg had indeed designed new cases to fit the new Ipad but did not yet have boxes labeled Ipad 3 or New Ipad and the old boxes were being used instead. That sounds highly implausible to me. A subsequent closer look at specs on Zagg.com reveals that the dimensions of the "two cases" are exactly the same.

Had I known Zagg would be shipping me something that has been on the market for a year I would have bought one last week on Amazon for $79 and used the $20 savings to purchase classroom supplies for my students. I was wondering if you would be able to offer a more clear explanation of the design process for the New Ipad Zaggfolio and/or a way to reclaim the $20 I was bilked out of before I file my complaint with the Better Business Bureau alleging deceitful marketing practices and coaching of telephone representatives to deceive customers.

Sincerely,

14. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

From someone that owns both I'd like to see a comparison on the depth of the part the iPad slides into.

I'd expect all other measurements to be the same.

15. northlock macrumors newbie

I also ordered the Zaggfolio for the new Ipad and instead received a box that says "for the iPad 2". I haven't opened it yet thinking it was an error. I'm waiting for a reply from CS inquiring what the deal is.

That being said. If it's the same exact case as for the iPad 2, then I'm disappointed. They have discount codes listed on their site for the iPad 2 case and Amazon also has the iPad 2 case cheaper without tax.

Upon closer inspection of the product pages for Zaggfolio offered for the new iPad and the iPad 2, the technical specs/dimensions listed are exactly the same.

16. ipadfreak macrumors regular

I am going to call later and see what I can get out of a CS rep.

17. karkalec macrumors newbie

Please report back what happened. If they get enough disgruntled customers they are going to have to do something about it.

18. ipadfreak macrumors regular

So is the issue everyone is having that the new iPad won't fit, or that the company is scamming us by saying it is a new iPad case, when it is the same one as old one?

I am going to open my call with, "so I was just about to file a claim with BBB, but I need the corporate address"

19. ipadfreak macrumors regular

im on the phone now with them, they are saying the same thing. i think i may just return it, and get the adonit 2 writer plus.

20. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

I don't think anyone has a new iPad yet (in this thread at least) to test with.

One person at least did say they had the iPad 2 zaggfolio and the "new iPad" zaggfolio. There should be a difference in measurements on the part the iPad slides into.

Could be the same case, could also be a different case and they just don't have the boxing.

They are saying the same thing as in what?

21. scrapple macrumors regular

scrapple

wheres the $30 coupon for ipad 2 version?

also, is this bluetooth 4.0 ? ipad 3 has 4.0

22. karkalec macrumors newbie

23. karkalec macrumors newbie

Not sure if posting links is frowned on, so I won't post it here, but after reading a Cnet article posted 3/9 on Bluetooth 4.0 in the Ipad 3 I am not settling for this crap from Zagg. I'm returning mine. Big thanks to scrapple for noticing--I didn't even think of checking the Bluetooth version.

Can someone recommend a better alternative to the Zaggfolio? I'm not giving my money to these asshats.

24. neweipadfan macrumors member

let me do some digging when i get home, i may have tossed it once i ordered the new ipad version.