Zagg vs Wrapsol vs Bestskinever for rMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ansabakhan, Jun 24, 2012.

1. ansabakhan, Jun 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2012

ansabakhan macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

what are you using or planing to use with your new rMBP ?

2. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

I just ordered a Bodyguardz for my MBA. They give you 30% off if you drop them a post on Facebook.

3. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

How much is it ? How are te reviews ?

4. jamswirl macrumors regular

I have wrapsol on the way. Got it because it's the hardest to tell it's there. Not sure if I'll use the palm guard though.

5. eron macrumors 6502

Just be aware that this will raise the MB's operating temperature as it's basically an insulating layer.

6. dude4 macrumors newbie

is it just me or do none of these have a piece to cover the screen?
    seems kinda weird considering screen protection is there bread and butter

that being said i am interested in one and want to make my choice soon so it can get here for when my ultimate config RMBP gets here

7. albert1028 macrumors 6502

I've always found that for all my laptops, I tend to scratch up the bottom sometimes, not all that often. I just like keeping my tech products in top notch condition, so this time for my mbpr I decided to get the bottom protection from bestskinsever.

8. sk8r1230 macrumors 6502

sk8r1230

i have had wrapsol on three macbook pros over the years...never any complaints, blends in perfectly with a matte finish, great cs and warranty, and i have never had it raise operating temps. (i use stat menu to keep track of temps ect.) will not go with anything else

9. ijen0311 macrumors 65816

ijen0311

Has good reviews, with the coupon mine came out to $17 (I only got the cover for the bottom). The full is closer to $30.

10. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

Any pictures you guys can share which film installed ?

11. mbotwin macrumors newbie

i got my wrapsol on friday and have to say, it is great. feels like nothing is there. really really happy with it.

i did the "protection" package and got the "grip pad" with it. really happy i did, i think it's a great extra accessory.

12. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

congrats ! is it possible for you to post some pictures?

13. thetechteen macrumors member

Got the wrapsol bottom, top and palm. heard it was the best feel and look. haven't gotten it yet, but should arrive same day as my rmbp!

14. pocky macrumors regular

Got Wrapsol on the way. Zagg sucks IMO, the quality is really subpar.

15. jzj687 macrumors regular

16. ansabakhan thread starter macrumors 65816

ansabakhan

i know right ! ..... wrapsol is pretty popular here... i didnt find any coupon code but i did find 25% cash back on this site!
    Befrugal.com <-----

... not sure how this cash-back site is .. but there is no harm in trying...

17. Tremulant macrumors newbie

I highly recommend BodyGuardz clear protector for the MacBook. I had mine on for a good year or so until I changed to a Carbon Fiber skin. Both products are excellent, but I feel like the clear protector was much more protective. It had a really good grip and feel, and was seriously durable.

You can get it for $50, but like ijen0311 said, you can get 30% off if you post on their facebook page. I've only tried a few other clear protectors (ZAGG, ugh), but this is a top-notch product IMO.

Links:
    BodyGuardz website: http://www.bodyguardz.com/catalogsearch/result/?order=sort_priority&dir=asc&q=macbook

BodyGuardz Facebook for 30% OFF: http://www.facebook.com/BodyGuardz/app_7146470109

18. Fortimir macrumors 6502a

Fortimir

19. sk8r1230 macrumors 6502

sk8r1230

got my wrapsol in and installed. pleased with the fitment but not happy that the screws are covered by the bottom sheet. the old one had all the little screws cut out so you could remove the bottom panel without damaging the skin. not sure if this was a fluke but have contacted wrapsol to see what they say.

20. Jazwire macrumors 6502a

Jazwire

Coupon Code: facebook
    Gets you 10% off.

21. dhartung02 macrumors 6502

I am going with the same thing i wrapped my iPad in...**********.net. Awesome material, and it looks spectacular when installed.

22. BlazednSleepy macrumors 6502a

23. kakwvu macrumors newbie

24. Fortimir macrumors 6502a

Fortimir

I nearly just sent him the $100 out of being so impressed with his hand-made attention to detail... but then I decided I might as well get one if that's already the case. ;-)

I'm actually a "go naked" sorta guy myself. People always think I'm crazy because my iPhone doesn't have a case... but out of many years of habit, my phone ALWAYS goes in my front right pant pocket, and my keys go in the left. I've never had a single scratch on any phone ever that way.

Main reason for a slip case is that let lets me carry a few things at once in one stack without worrying about any of them scratching the mac. Sometimes I'll throw a drive, tablet, wedding album etc. on top of my laptop and pick them all up together.

25. mdapple macrumors regular

Can Anyone that ordered wrapsol front + back 44.95 option tell me if the palm rest skin is included?