Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

munch2112

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2011
Devon, UK
I will be using iCarbons. Have got iCarbons on my iPhone, PSVita, MBA and PS3. Never had or heard of a complaint about them!

hiohokaybye

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2007
Actually it is included. The $45 wrapsol includes 4 pieces. It covers the top, bottom, palm rest, and touchpad.

I think the whole bundle is $49...

But I got the wrapsol cuz I heard great reviews about it. and I personally just dislike zagg. And never tried bestskinever. but we'll see!:D

treminaor

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2009
I just ordered the $45 Wrapsol package that comes with everything but the grip pad. Today they are having a 4th of July promotion, 50% off your order with promo code "fireworks".

macfrik

Contributor
Mar 21, 2009
Utah
Wrapsol all the way

I use Wrapsol for most of my Apple products except iPhone and my iPod classic. I have been using bestskinever and ZAGG, and by far I can say that Wrapsol provides the best protection and feel. The matte feel of the skin is just marvelous.

Having said that, I love the feel of 'naked' aluminum casing on the MacBooks, but I HATE fingerprint greases and smudges after short use. I don't like ZAGG because of the shiny feel and the skin captures a lot of smudges from your finger.

Wrapsol is the way to go IMO:D

BigHerky

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2012
I think the whole bundle is $49...

But I got the wrapsol cuz I heard great reviews about it. and I personally just dislike zagg. And never tried bestskinever. but we'll see!:D

The $49 bundle includes the grip pad which goes on the bottom.

Jazwire

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2009
I just ordered the $45 Wrapsol package that comes with everything but the grip pad. Today they are having a 4th of July promotion, 50% off your order with promo code "fireworks".

Sweet! Thank you....

Got a Wrapsol for my Retina MBP and one for my iPad3 cheaper than the normal price for just the MBP.

junebug1

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2007
NE Ohio
I've tried every manufacturer out there and on every device the clear winner has always been Wrapsol. Best product. Best customer service. Best warranty. Their products have never let me down and their follow up service has won my business for life. With the 50% off FIREWORKS coupon code I recommend buying now and never looking back.

zerotiu

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2012
I've ordered bodyguardz with 30% promotion code from facebook and a sleeve from etsy (handmade berlin)

il_570xN.350888719.jpg

http://www.bodyguardz.com/apple-mac...en-protectors-covers-shields-skins-films.html

mat25

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2008
I was about to order a Wrapsol, but the shipping to Canada was $22! I couldn't justify it considering it was for 4 thin plastic films :rolleyes:

soundtracker

macrumors member
Jun 1, 2012
I was about to order a Wrapsol, but the shipping to Canada was $22! I couldn't justify it considering it was for 4 thin plastic films :rolleyes:

That is absolutely crazy! Why so much? Shipping to Canada shouldn't be much more than the US.

ljx718

macrumors 6502
Dec 13, 2008
Anyone know where to get the same warpsol feel and look, but with a black or grey finish? Like a matte, black - translucent skin

mohsy90

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2011
New York
Yaa I wanna know this too

I would check out sticker boy, they have some pretty good ones but i'm not sure about the black translucent.

I'm still trying to get a review by someone before i order from them,
I really like their brushed aluminum look and they also sell skins for the sides as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

dude4

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2012

crap missed it :(
anyone got a current promo code?

Anti-Lucifer

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2012
Just be aware that this will raise the MB's operating temperature as it's basically an insulating layer.

NONSENSE. It has no effect on the temperatures. The internal heat sinks are blown by two fans. That's what dissipates the heat from the CPU and GPU. The entire unibody doesn't really help in that regard.

Try this: encode a 1080p video while having your internal fans on max. Then use a fan and blow on the laptop. It does not make your CPU temps go down at all.

I have had wrapsol on all my laptops and it does not insulate anything.

RMSko

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2010
Does anyone know if either the Zagg or the Wrapsol covers the sides and corners? I'm pretty sure the Wrapsol doesn't, but I'm wondering if the Zagg does. I have the Zagg on my iPad and it includes all corners and I love it. However, after reading what others have posted re the Wrapsol, I'm leaning toward that for my rMBP.

Anti-Lucifer

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2012
Does anyone know if either the Zagg or the Wrapsol covers the sides and corners? I'm pretty sure the Wrapsol doesn't, but I'm wondering if the Zagg does. I have the Zagg on my iPad and it includes all corners and I love it. However, after reading what others have posted re the Wrapsol, I'm leaning toward that for my rMBP.

The wrapsol comes with two strips of protection just for the corners of the mbp. Unfortunately, it's only 2 corners you can cover at one time because the kit only includes TWO STRIPS! I wish they would provide 4 strips so all four corners are protected. I have them in the FRONT two corners rather than follow the instructions on placing them in the rear considering I will bump into things more from the front than the rear.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.