Zeetron.com white iphone 4 conversion kit guinea pig

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by SanFranKyle, Oct 21, 2010.

1. SanFranKyle macrumors regular

So decided to try out the white iphone 4 conversion kit from zeetron.com (iresq competitor).

Reasons for them over iresq (cheaper 190 vs. 250) and you can have them ship you the full kit, as opposed to sending out your phone.

They took longer than I had hoped to process the order (about 2 days later after it was ordered before 12:30pm their time) which was a bit upsetting because paid extra to get two day shipping, but luckily they overnighted it, so it only came about a day later than I expected.

Parts come in bubble wrap in a fedex envelope (was a bit worried the glass might be broken before I opened it up, but luckily they weren't).

Backplate - seems pretty close to Apple's version, has flash diffuser and camera ring.

Front LCD/Digitizer - this is where the big problems were. I didn't notice it immediately, but it did not come with a mesh over the speaker opening, and there were about two inch and a half long rough edges on the top and bottom of the back of the lcd digitizer assembly. Installed anyway but it didn't sit perfectly flush, which is pretty annoying.

Powered the phone on and everything worked fine, but the alignment of the lcd was slightly off, so the screen was slightly closer to the right side of the phone than the left, which was also annoying.

Emailed them, and they said I must have just gotten a bad part, and that they would send out a new kit once I provided them with a tracking number on the parts sent back. Complied and sent it out last night, and after various emails, I haven't heard back from them since, despite arranging with them for this, so I'm assuming it wasn't shipped out today (infuriating).

So as of right now, I'd recommend everyone to stay away.

If the right functioning parts show up miraculously show up tomorrow, I'll update with an extended review, though I'm assuming i'll just be asking for a refund.

2. SanFranKyle thread starter macrumors regular

3. Shorties macrumors 6502a

4. readerbreader macrumors regular

wow. great timing. i was seriously considering buying the conversion kit in a week or so. hoping for some kind of good news for you.

5. SanFranKyle thread starter macrumors regular

naw, shoulda snapped some pics once I put my phone back together with old parts, but I wanted to rush out to fedex to ship the stuff back so they could send me replacements.

6. SanFranKyle thread starter macrumors regular

still haven't heard back from them, extremely livid about the whole thing :mad:

7. SanFranKyle thread starter macrumors regular

finally heard back. should have the new parts tomorrow.

so hold tight for a further review. If the parts are plagued by the same issues I'll post some pics, but hopefully they're fine.

Maybe I just got a bad set of parts, but who knows. We'll see.

8. ADMProducer macrumors regular

Looking forward to hearing what the new parts are like.

9. SanFranKyle thread starter macrumors regular

nobody use these guys people.

parts did not get delivered today as promise, never got a tracking number or anything either.

Just stay away not worth the hassle of dealing with these idiots.

gonna probably end up filing a dispute with the cc company tomorrow.

10. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

good luck with that lol

you purchased replica parts, you received your parts

you gambled and lost

you may be entitled to a refund under the refund/return policy you agreed on when you placed your order

filing a complaint because your pissy about being a guinea pig will just get you laughed at

11. ADMProducer macrumors regular

Don't be stupid.

Parts must be of sufficient quality and fit for purpose, clearly they're not and the buyer has every right to file a dispute for a full refund.

Being a guinea pig has nothing to do with the matter.

12. bmms8 macrumors 68020

no offense to anyone, but this thread is completely useless without pictures. how can anyone believe this person who just registered and most of his posts consist within this one thread he/she made.. lets use some common sense before agreeing to disregard zeetron.

13. jster25 macrumors member

I ordered from them as well. Talk about annoying. It took two days, after I emailed them, to tell me that one of the part is backordered (home button). I told them to send me the kit anyways without the home button. They didn't ship it until the next day. So my order processing time took 3 days. I got it overnight because I gave them a label.

So when I finally got the order on Friday, I decided to install it at work (lol). You're right, the white digitizer does not come from the mesh so I had to remove it from the black one. No problem.

Once installed and turned it on, the alignment was off. It was more towards the left and wasn't centered. 2nd of all, on the top right, there was a blue blurred smudged on the screen and the screen was flickering. I'd press the power button and power it back up and it's all white. I took it off and put the black one back on again, and everything was fine. Checked the digitizer and noticed there is a chip where the blue smudged appeared. Obviously this is why the the screen was messed up.

I emailed them on Saturday and hoping they would send me a replacement. Hopefully I'll hear back on Monday. I'm hoping they don't say "No refunds on parts installed at the buyer's risk."

They're actually pretty annoying to deal with, lol, especially with the shipping process. It's like, I place the order, sent them my prepaid label, and was finally able to get them to ship it out on Thursday (Ordered placed on Monday morning) after a lengthly chain of emails.

14. SanFranKyle thread starter macrumors regular

yes, but I don't have any parts. CC company is taking care of it :cool:

15. SanFranKyle thread starter macrumors regular

order from them then haha. seriously go for it.

16. bmms8 macrumors 68020

no my friend i will not order from them.. all i want to say is that this thread would have been very useful with pictures. its hard to just sway an opinion based on one undocumented event.

in your case i am sorry for your troubles though and i only wish you luck with your phone.

17. SanFranKyle thread starter macrumors regular

I'm not on here to convince anyone of anything, I'm just letting people know in case they think about ordering from them.

I didn't take pictures because I didn't realize how misaligned the parts were before I put them on my phone, when I put them on it became apparent that the front digitizer didn't sit right. I took my phone apart, and before reinstalling my black pieces (iphone is my camera) I packaged the crap up and ran over to fedex to ship them back as they told me "give us a tracking number and we can send your replacements right out via overnight". (i shipped them out wed at 8pm and provided them with a tracking number minutes after) and my replacements were not shipped thurs or fri.

I can give you a picture of the Zeetron shipping label if you'd like.

18. bmms8 macrumors 68020

trust me Kyle i believe you, it has nothing to do with believing or anything at this point. all i wanted to share was i thought it was best with pictures. but i understand your iphone is your only camera hence no pics. good luck with the return and what not.

19. SanFranKyle thread starter macrumors regular

I'll definitely post pics if the replacement parts ever show up, as I feel like they'll be plagued by the same problems.

20. ygtk09 macrumors newbie

I have no idea what you guys are talking about...
    I ordered on Thursday, and received it overnight on Friday(paid extra), installed on Saturday, and here are pictures that everyone is asking about.

The parts were AMAZING! I am amazed at how well they fit and how great the phone looks.

Yes, there was no net in the speaker, but you can take that of the old one.
    A bit pricey, but very good quality.

Customer service was great on assisting me with all my questions.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. bmms8 macrumors 68020

22. SanFranKyle thread starter macrumors regular

if you're from zeetron please please reply to my emails, I'm still wondering wtf is going on with my order.

23. SanFranKyle thread starter macrumors regular

in mine, the problem was on the top and bottom edges where the glass meets the metal antenna band, extending from the break in the antenna to around the lock button.

there was residual plastic (where the bracket was broken from mold maybe?) that wasn't smoothed down or something and so the top and bottom didn't sit flush.

so if this was my picture, you could see a bump in the white plastic right in the middle where it meets the antenna

[​IMG]

24. jster25 macrumors member

I installed on Friday after getting it on Friday... here's what happened to mine:
    http://i55.tinypic.com/52o2ah.jpg

lol.... I took it off and put the original black one and everything was fine... sent email to Zeetron on Saturday.. hopefully they can replace.