Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ori

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2008
Oh come on......!!!
I just came across this thread and quickly logged on.....Can't get through at all!!! Not fair!!
Also my o2 text arrived 1 min ago!! I mean come on!!
Just got through...entered my details.....there has been a problem.....why? why? why?

Will need to call them I guess...

t0mat0

macrumors 603
Aug 29, 2006
Home
I wonder what the stock level will be for those getting them delivered - it might be worth having a quick shout out from anyone ordering as to which model they're getting (8GB or 16GB).

Would O2 have a separate supply for delivery on the 11th July to those pre-ordering, separate from store supplies?

We still don't know what the stock ratio is of 16:8GB handsets. If everyone is pre-ordering 16GB, that might be a little problem (considering the get out clauses about availability) - it might just be that if it is a true 1st come 1st served, if there are enough orders, at some point the online shop will say - no more in stock, either have a later delivery, or go to a shop message!

Petoz

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2008
UK
Don't seem to have received a confirmation email, am I supposed to?

Bearing in mind I'm not upgrading, I'm a new customer

I phoned O2 after I got as far as i did to make sure my order had or hadn't gone through, so i didn't do it twice, and i was told i should receive an e-mail. I am upgrading though.

Petoz

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2008
UK
I wonder what the stock level will be for those getting them delivered - it might be worth having a quick shout out from anyone ordering as to which model they're getting (8GB or 16GB).

Would O2 have a separate supply for delivery on the 11th July to those pre-ordering, separate from store supplies?

We still don't know what the stock ratio is of 16:8GB handsets. If everyone is pre-ordering 16GB, that might be a little problem (considering the get out clauses about availability) - it might just be that if it is a true 1st come 1st served, if there are enough orders, at some point the online shop will say - no more in stock, either have a later delivery, or go to a shop message!

i was wondering this too. I am ordering an 8GB. So hopefully less popular. But I was also thinking, could you not phone them on thursday if you dont get a text about delivery, and cancel, and say you will upgrade in store?

RobS101

macrumors newbie
Jul 7, 2008
i checked with cust services, cant upgrade instore till augist as im a select customer, so have to do it online. Put all my details in, page hanging.

also got to goto work on Friday, so tempted to through a sicky now!

thefunkymunky

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2005
London
:(:mad:

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    15.9 KB · Views: 60

ascender

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2005
Hmmm, put my mobile number in to get the text code and it darkens the web page but then nothing else happens.

yogamonkey

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2006
London
After entering my card details it's all gone badly wrong. I got taken straight back to upgrade page, so went through it again and then I got 2 pages merged together... its all crap.

For those who have got it to work, did you actually get to a screen that said your order had been placed?

dalvin200

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
Nottingham, UK
After entering my card details it's all gone badly wrong. I got taken straight back to upgrade page, so went through it again and then I got 2 pages merged together... its all crap.

For those who have got it to work, did you actually get to a screen that said your order had been placed?

i'm now on the 2 screens merged page..

what did you do? enter your card details??

Jowl

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2006
UK
Finally got it - after time outs, 'phantom' items in the basket etc.

In the end I had to use IE7 *spit*

one black(!) 16gb on order!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.