Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple released EFI Firmware Updates for the MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air and iMac today. The firmware update descriptions are predictably short:
This update fixes several issues to improve the stability of [MacBook Air. Macbook, MacBook Pro, iMac] computers.
Apple also issued an Aluminum Keyboard firmware update:
This firmware update addresses an issue with the aluminum Apple Keyboard and the aluminum Apple Wireless Keyboard where a key may repeat unexpectedly while typing.
The updates can be found in your Mac OS X software update.

Article Link

jlewis2k1

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2005
in your closet
grr the keyboard update still doesnt fix the whole thing where you can hold the option key, D or anything... quite sad if you wanna start in boot camp.

/dev/toaster

macrumors 68020
Feb 23, 2006
San Francisco, CA
I hope this is addressing the instability with Leopard. I get at least 1 very hard lock per week.

Then again, it might be due to the heat issues of the MBP.

Yes, I am still very bitter about it.

X5-452

macrumors 6502
Feb 16, 2006
Calgary, Canada
Not showing up in my Software update.
Is this only for post-Rev. A Core Duo notebooks? As I'm running an original CD Yonah MacBook.

pyr0sphere

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2007
Toronto, Canada
Hmm, does it do anything at all?

Anyway, it's pretty cool to see the sleep indicator flash like that when you hold down the power button. Didn't know that it or the long tone existed

TilJ

macrumors member
Jun 1, 2007
Hopefully it fixes the "display never wakes from sleep even though the computer itself does" problem I'm having with my MBP. I've been stuck tethered to my ACD since the last update (either graphics update or firmware, not 100% sure which) broke it.

JG271

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2007
UK
Just come up on my mac mini with apple aluminum keyboard; 601kb.
I can't notice any difference yet, i was hoping it would fix the problem where the caps lock key has to be pressed fairly hard to get it to work.
Oh well!

msharp

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2004
Hopefully it fixes the "display never wakes from sleep even though the computer itself does" problem I'm having with my MBP. I've been stuck tethered to my ACD since the last update (either graphics update or firmware, not 100% sure which) broke it.

Yep yep, I'm having exactly the same problem since the last graphic update. Another bug since that graphic update is that if you boot the computer with an external display connected (other than ACD), the external display will be used in a very weird resolution and you can't change it.

Hope this can fix it.... though it doesn't sound so.

blindzero

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2006

I hope so. Too many of us are having this problem...

That and the "computer wakes up in my backpack and drains to 0% battery."

Drake Mandrake

macrumors newbie
Mar 26, 2008
If anyone can confirm that this fixes the problem caused by the last Leopard graphics update - specifically the problem that prevents you from closing your MBP and using it in clamshell mode and successfully waking it while connected to an external monitor - please do so.

I've been a bit irritated by that problem. Bought my refurb MBP a week before the update, all worked fine in clamshell mode with external. Then, after the update, it just won't work anymore. It will not wake with bluetooth keyboard or mouse.

I'm not the only one who has had that problem, so quite a few complaints about it right after it happened.

Object-X

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2004
Hope it fixes my issue

I hope this fixes a bluetooth problem on the MacBook Pro. I have the new wireless Apple keyboard connected to my MBP, but every time Time Machine kicks off a backup my keyboard starts dropping it's connection. Others on Apple's forums have similar problems with this configuration. Sucks not being able to type on your keyboard, especially when Time Machine is doing full backup in the morning (which can't be changed) that can take some time to complete.

RedTomato

macrumors 601
Mar 4, 2005
.. London ..
Safari feels firmer.

Yes it came up for me. Definitely firmer. Oh yes.

C2D SR MB 2.2ghz, 4GB RAM.

(Yup, showed up on Software Update, but actually I didn't install it. I never install updates on the same day they come out - let other people be the guinea pigs)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.