1.1.3 Software Update Rumor Thread

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Football1maniac, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Football1maniac macrumors regular

Football1maniac

With MacWorld fast approaching us, and with the supposedly **leaked** 1.1.3 Firmware Update for the iPhone, the iPod touch is also looking to have an update.

But what will be in this update?

Probably the "wobbling icons" customization for the Home Screen, but what else?

This is (hopefully) going to be the first real update to the iPod touch since release. So there you have it...any thoughts/comments/concerns on the upcoming update to the iPod touch?:confused::apple:

2. Football1maniac thread starter macrumors regular

Football1maniac

1.1.3 Software Update Rumor Thread

Posted in the iPod touch Hacks forum, but to gain more views, its also posted here. So, here we go...

With MacWorld fast approaching us, and with the supposedly **leaked** 1.1.3 Firmware Update for the iPhone, the iPod touch is also looking to have an update.

But what will be in this update?

Probably the "wobbling icons" customization for the Home Screen, but what else?

This is (hopefully) going to be the first real update to the iPod touch since release. So there you have it...any thoughts/comments/concerns on the upcoming update to the iPod touch?:confused::apple:

3. archurban macrumors 6502a

archurban

it will be next monday morning (Jan 7th). when I was listening to mac os Ken daily podcast, ken said it will be out monday. it sounds like right. try to listen Jan 4th podcast.

4. alchemistmuffin macrumors 6502

MAKE SURE YOU DON'T HAVE A JAILBROKEN iPod touch, IF YOU DO, APPLE WILL DISABLE YOUR DEVICE WITH THIS UPDATE....

SO I REPEAT, DO NOT JAILBREAK YOUR TOUCH!!!!!!

IF YOU DO HAVE IT JAILBROKEN, YOU NEED TO UN-JAILBREAK IT....

5. Football1maniac thread starter macrumors regular

Football1maniac

Are you sure? An update that looks deciently big not being reviewed at MacWorld? I don't know, but still, having it out on Monday would be great!:apple::)

6. Bowlerguy10 macrumors 6502

7. Football1maniac thread starter macrumors regular

Football1maniac

Question: is it possible in a form of a software update to improve the speed of Safari? It seems sluggish to me. I want after the software update for EVERYONE to be saying, "Safari seems snappier!":apple:;)

8. taficke macrumors member

If i have a jailbroken touch by using jailbreakme.com on 1.1.1 firmware then updating with that pitch to 1.1.2 but uninstall everything and installer will it still be considered jailbroken?

9. taficke macrumors member

If i have a jailbroken touch by using jailbreakme.com on 1.1.1 firmware then updating with that pitch to 1.1.2 but uninstall everything and installer will it still be considered jailbroken?

10. albinoAZN macrumors regular

You need to restore it to make it non-jailbroken.

11. taficke macrumors member

ok thanks

12. hecks macrumors regular

Er,. source? The team that tested the leaked 1.1.3 reported no such thing - only that, after updating to 1.1.3, you couldn't then downgrade to 1.1.1 or 1.1.2.

13. duckman macrumors newbie

oh so that's how they are going to try and beat the hackers make it so that no new iPod touches sold can be jailbroken because you won't ne able to downgrade is that what this update will be,because that's seems like it will slow the hackers down for like five minutes from what I have seen they are very good at adapting to these sorts of updates

14. sk8mash macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

no, not if you restore it in itunes

15. Power-Maka-16 macrumors newbie

How would I un-jailbreak it?

How would I un-jailbreak my ipod touch? just restore it in itunes?

16. Bowlerguy10 macrumors 6502

Ya they could improve the way the program handles web pages. They could also trim it down through the use of code to make it lighter and faster too I would imagine.

17. aethelbert macrumors 601

Did you witness this bricking in an elevator? If not, that information is not at all credible...

18. milszils macrumors member

would you really want to risk it...

maybe we will get iphone apps???

if he did that people would want to upgrade and therefore be bricked, or longer able to jailbreak.

mail and notes is all i want. weather would be nice.

19. Stang68 macrumors 6502a

Stang68

I am hoping they add 802.1x wifi capability on the touch/iphone. That would be great and it might just happen because sooo many people have been sending feedback to Apple about it. Is it possible for them to add the functionality via a software update? I think it is because they devices reportedly have 802.1x in it, just not enabled. What do you guys think?

20. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

I hope it will let you re-organize icons like the iPhone's update will. Having a feature to change the background of the Springboard would be cool to have as well.

I hope they add the E-Mail and Weather apps, although I have doubts they ever will. If they do, I'll immediately un-jailbreak my iPod touch.

21. Football1maniac thread starter macrumors regular

Football1maniac

Apple should put this into the next software update, but still... Other then the SDK, what other apps could fill in all of that empty space from now until February?:confused::apple:

22. iJawn108 macrumors 65816

iJawn108

I'd like portable Camino for my iPod Touch and have that sync with my book marks :eek:

23. CorTeX macrumors member

I would guess thay they'll keep the new firmware for mac world ...

24. Football1maniac thread starter macrumors regular

Football1maniac

Yeah, but someone did say that the update could be coming out on Monday. I think Stevie wants to go over the features in it, like the 1.1.1 update for the iPhone and the iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store.:apple:

25. CorTeX macrumors member

And what can we expect for the touch, We hear a lot about the iPhone but not much about touch ...