Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple is developing a 15.5-inch MacBook Air that could launch in the spring of 2023, according to display analyst Ross Young. In a tweet shared with super followers, Young said that production on panels designed for the MacBook Air will start in the first quarter of 2023.

M2-MacBook-Air-2022-Feature0000.jpg

A 15.5-inch MacBook Air will be sized between the 14 and 16-inch MacBook Pro models, and it will be the largest MacBook Air to date. The current model measures in at 13.6 inches. While Young now says that the display will be 15.5 inches, he previously said it would be around 15.2 inches.

Apple's rumored 15-inch MacBook Air is expected to feature the same general design as the 13-inch MacBook Air that was released in 2022 with flat edges, a large Force Touch trackpad, a keyboard with function keys, and more. It will also likely include a MagSafe charging port, upgraded speaker system, and a 1080p camera.

As for chips, the larger-screened MacBook Air could be available with M2 and M2 Pro chip options, and in comparison to the MacBook Pro models, it is not expected to feature the same mini-LED display or ProMotion technology.

Article Link: 15.5-Inch MacBook Air Expected to Launch in Spring 2023

Last edited:

MakeAppleAwesomeAgain

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2016
Wherever
This will never get an M2 Pro before the MacBook Pro gets updated to the M2 family. But if it's genuinely going to get an M2 Pro chip, I'll be the first to buy one. It will probably have fewer GPU cores and, therefore, a massive battery time.

Reactions: FriendlyMackle
This will never get an M2 Pro before the MacBook Pro gets updated to the M2 family. But if it's genuinely going to get an M2 Pro chip, I'll be the first to buy one. It will probably have fewer GPU cores and, therefore, a massive battery time.
MacBook Pro 14” and 16” will be getting an M2 Pro chip. Apple May surprise us next year with MBA + M2 chip as well.

jlc1978

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2009
Sounds great. It' a buy for me if it has an SD Card slot. I use that with a slim microSD card adapter to hold a 256GB mSD card used for hourly backups of critical documents so if my MBP dies I can immediately get a new one or even a PC and continue with projects; without needing access to my cloud backups.

Yes, I am a backup overkill person.

TechRunner

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2016
SW Florida, US
I've wanted a 15" Air for years, but now that I'm doing more chained to a desk, I'll have to decide if I want to go the MBA/monitor route where 90% of its life will be clamshell, or whether I'll just grab an M2 iMac.

Either way, I'm excited by the prospect of it, and look forward to seeing what Apple comes up with.

T Coma

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2015
Flyover Country, USA
Instant guy, eh? 😆
Just add pronouns and… voila

I‘m curious to see what the price delta will be between this and the current m2 air, as well as the 16” MBP outfitted similarly. I.e., how much does the big screen and lower weight cost.

Last edited:
Reactions: JM
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.