Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IT-Pro

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2008
Netherlands
If anyone has updated and has the new apple in-ear headphones can they see if the software was updated to let the volume buttons work?

Thanks,
Danny
Nope Danny, they don't work. It seems like it is a hardware related problem, the connectors of the in-ear headphones and the standard shipping headphones are exactly the same however.

claud9999

macrumors newbie
Dec 12, 2007
"updating now"

Why do folks feel compelled to tell the world that they're updating? Like I care that you are *updating*, how about "I updated and no problems". I am breathing in now. Do you care? No. Nor do I that you're updating.

So much noise, is there signal in macrumor forums?

(Sorry to be hating, but sometimes folks seem compelled to add to the noise and I just feel it is a disservice to us readers trying to get at the real news, warnings, heads-ups, and other updates of value.)

kcokc

macrumors newbie
Jan 27, 2009
KC MO
Hmmm 2 updates

Yawn. I'll pass, I've not had enough issues with either of these problems to update. Give me an update with copy and paste and MMS and I'm in! ;)

slicecom

macrumors 68020
Aug 29, 2003
Toronto, Canada
Why do folks feel compelled to tell the world that they're updating? Like I care that you are *updating*, how about "I updated and no problems". I am breathing in now. Do you care? No. Nor do I that you're updating.

(Sorry to be hating, but sometimes folks seem compelled to add to the noise and I just feel it is a disservice to us readers trying to get at the real news, warnings, heads-ups, and other updates of value.)

I'm about to click the updating button. I'll let you know when I'm updating.

benflick

macrumors 68020
Jul 11, 2008
Cincinnati, Ohio

Well aren't you a Negative Nancy?
BTW I'm updating my old phone now...:D

branjosef

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2007
I just updated and its totally awesome. I see no difference. Thanks apple, your the greatest!

:D

I just noticed I have copy but no paste. If you hold down the top on/off button for 3 mintues while simultaneously pushing the home button really fast and holding the phone up to your left ear, It will delete whatever you just typed. I have yet to figure out how to paste. Maybe that feature wont be released till 2.2.2 . Almost half way to the 6.6.6 firmware update. YEAH!!!!

owen-b

macrumors 6502a
Nov 30, 2005
Updating in progress. Decided to go ahead and update anyway without telling anyone here I was thinking about updating, not sure if that was the right thing to do or not. Anyway, I'm doing the 'Download and Update' option, rather than the 'Download only' option. Anyone else out there downloading and updating as opposed to only downloading? LET ME KNOW!

kornyboy

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2004
Knoxville, TN (USA)
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

This was a bit unexpected. Will download soon.

ilfn143

macrumors 6502a
Aug 27, 2008
Enron by the Sea

yeah what's up with *updating" now? i'll update later when i get home :D

branjosef

macrumors 6502a
Oct 18, 2007
Well aren't you a Negative Nancy?
BTW I'm updating my old phone now...:D

I dated a Negative Nancy once...She was soooo negative :eek:

I just found a hidden feature..since updating all Illinois state welcome signs now say...

Attachments

• ATT00001.jpeg
    ATT00001.jpeg
    142.3 KB · Views: 273
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.