Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by shoppy, Mar 3, 2009.
Just ordered a standard config.
Crap!! If only I waited a lousy three weeks
you can also upgrade to a 256 solid state hd if you have the money
I know, but the price is a bit beyond my means.
Snap 2.66 Ghz for standard 17". Not bad... But here in Japan it will set me back almost $3,500... This Rev C. Macbook Pro I'm on cost me $4,500 I don't think my wallet would like the extra load ><
I'm pretty annoyed - since when has an Apple laptop lasted a handful of months before being outdated?
That's technology man...
Well yeah, but Apple never used to just push random spec increases out.
its about time that Apple updates when newer technology comes out every three months. the only disappointing thing is that ram and hd prices have somewhat gone down and they didn't really lower their prices.
UK prices are bordering on the ridiculous for this latest refresh.
I dont think they should have the same 2.66 processor in the 15 and 17. IMO
Agreed! This is the first time i've ever actually thought this, but now for the first time Apple products are overpriced in the UK, its actually borderline if its worth it....
Also agree, now im going to return my 17" and get a 15", theres just no point in me having the 17", the extra 2 inches screen space simply isn't worth $300.
Of course, my luck, I just today received my 2.8 MBP via FedEx about 5 minutes after reading about the 2.93.
I bought it through the Developer program, so I have to see what they can do later today. Hopefully, I can get the 2.93.
So now my decision is harder. Get the 2.93 15" for the price of the 17" stock config or get the 2.66 stock 17"...The only pluses i see that the 17" has over the 15" is the 2" of screen, better battery and supposedly better quality screen. Is that worth 300 dollars? hmmm i'll have to think about it.
Apple needs to now make the 17 inch model come in 2.8 and 3.06. I wonder when they will do this
Never, the next update for the 17" will most likely by mobile core i7 due in Q3 2010 (August time next year). That would also fit nicely into the 15" 12 month cycle.
If the 15" MBP had a matte option, I'd jump the 17" ship and join the 15" one lol.
Having said that, I'm going to stick with my order. I want Matte, and I appreciate the ability to have 8GB Ram sometime in the future... For the difference in price, I get the matte option, 2 inches of extra screen and increased resolution. More than worth the ~£200 difference for me.
My 15'' is due to deliver today with 2.53GHz. It shipped yesterday, but I highly doubt I'll be getting the new one. I don't think it is worth the hassle to send back.
Won't apple honor the exchange? I thought apple would exchange it for you if you bought it recently and if apple had a revision. ?
14 day grace period I thought.
Does that also count on custom orders? I just received my 15 MBP - but I ordered it with the upgraded HD (7200 RPM 320GB drive).
They shoulda made the 17" come with 2.93 and 3.06. Its stupid to have the same damn processors in both laptops. And i seen that the new iMacs didnt use nvidia. Wonder why>?
They do use nVidia...
Well they do but they have an ATI option now. SO no more bad graphics cards like in the laptops.
17 speed update?
So am I getting this?
The 17 unibody now come standard with dou 2.93, and not a BTO?