2 itouchs shipped to me?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Nexroth, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Nexroth macrumors newbie

Ok, so I just got the itouch, it finally shipped. BUT! ...There were two. And according to my account, I was only billed for one. Does anybody know what's going on?

2. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

simple. One is actually a zune, good luck with that...

aka

I have no clue and my guess is no one else will either

3. GrimmGreen macrumors regular

what the hell is an itouch ?

4. bborigun macrumors newbie

If this ever happens to me,

My good side would tell me to call Apple for returning the extra iPod back.
    However my evil side would tell me to delete such post on here and keep it. ;)

Actually I may return it, because I don't know what's going to happen if they ever find out they've sent one extra.

5. calculus Guest

calculus

I could be wrong here of course, but my guess would be that someone made a mistake...:rolleyes:

6. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

There's such a high percentage of iPod Touch with bad screens that Apple sends every customer two, hoping one will be good. They then expect you to send the bad one back.

7. Nexroth thread starter macrumors newbie

and ipod touch. it's called an abbreviation.

And yeah, good side v. bad side. I'm going to send it back, but i'm kind of hoping that they'll give me some sort of bonus for honesty :p

8. SirithX macrumors 6502

SirithX

Hope, but don't expect. The people that deal with these situations when these things happen don't do their job primarily to satisfy customers, they're doing it for themselves, to feed their families. They likely couldn't care less either way, although someone, somewhere might send you a little thank you message.

9. wongulous macrumors 6502a

Give it to meeeee! I'm a poor college student! I've only saved up $200 and I probably should buy food.. but I wanna iPod touch :( lols.

10. bonkiebonks macrumors newbie

Don't send it back! Put it on eBay or something. Chances are they won't be able to find out if they'd send out two to you.

As someone pointed one, they probably wouldn't give you a bonus, credit etc if you returned it anyway.

11. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Honesty is overrated.

12. Nexroth thread starter macrumors newbie

meh, i'll PROBLY send it back. we'll see...>.>

13. Arisian macrumors 68000

Arisian

14. overanalyzer macrumors 6502a

I think legally you can't ever be billed for erroneously shipped items...remember hearing about that once. So I doubt you'd ever be charged for it, though it might be requested back.

But I can't see any ethical justification for keeping the extra iPod. I think it's on par with keeping an iPod left in a rental car or a wallet you find on the street. You may not have set out to steal, but you're taking something that clearly belongs to someone else (even if you don't know to whom).

And I think getting a reward is similarly on par to rewards for returning a found item. You might, and it'd be a nice gesture, but it's certainly not required (and hopefully not your only motivation).

15. Nexroth thread starter macrumors newbie

Don't worry, I do have SOME ethics. :p Like I said, i'll most likely return it. A bonus would be quite nice, as I am in no way obligated to return it. But whatever. I'm just waiting to get it (I'm not yet really in possession of it, someone picked it up from my mailbox for me, and is currently doing other things), so that I can check if the other one is engraved with something else. If it is, and that something else is a phone number of some sort, i'll contact that person and send it to them. If not...well, we'll see.

16. calculus Guest

calculus

In the UK the extra one would be 'unsolicited goods' and become legally yours after six months. If you tell Apple they would have thirty days to collect it from you, otherwise it would then become yours after thirty days. What you can't do is sell it until you are the legal owner.

17. ShanePod macrumors member

are they both the same week (36,37,39) and do the screen seem exactly the same? (if you've opened them both)

18. overanalyzer macrumors 6502a

Though I'm sure Apple could do that tracking down for you...even without opening the box and making it no longer able to be sold as a new iPod, thus requiring them to ship a new one anyway ;)

19. Nexroth thread starter macrumors newbie

Don't yet know. As I said, someone else picked em up for me (i'm at home, sick. Bleh.) So i'm waiting for that person to come home. I won't know for a bit. I'll def post when that happens, though.

20. ShanePod macrumors member

off topic

do you have bug that seems to be going around full of headaches and a cold? Cause if you do im in the same boat

21. Nexroth thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah man, that's it. Well, some other **** going on in my life as well that seems to have compounded it, but that's the basic part. A few other people i know are down and out too.

22. ipodtoucher macrumors 68000

ipodtoucher

you might want to check your account again...when i ordered one of the videos when they first came out, they charged and shipped me 2...i called and complained because i didn't have the money or two, ad they gave me the money back and $50 to pay for the overdraft...

23. bogman12 macrumors regular

Yes, but you need to pay me for me to tell you what's going on.

24. GrimmGreen macrumors regular

do you call an Ipod nano an Inano? of course not

25. Nexroth thread starter macrumors newbie

Um..I don't see what your problem is, but here's my best answer.

Things like the name "itouch" usually don't have a definitive reason for their existence. As an example, the word "kleenex." People frequently use this word to mean any sort of facial tissue, even though it really is only one brand.

Alternatively, it could have something to do with it's relative newness. When the Ipod Nano first came out, it was a rather unique name. If you said: "Hey, I just got that new nano thing!" People knew what you were talking about. But "touch" is a more ubiquitous word. Not everyone knows about it yet.

Hope that helped.

Nope, still only billed for one. Hmm.