Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gomff

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2009
This is a bit mean, but here goes....

"Out of the F.A cup out of the Carling cup out of the Champions League, out of the title race....Carlsberg don't do sh*t seasons....They just sponsor teams that do"

Alright, alright. Calm down, calm down!

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
Also, I didn't check to see if this was discussed yet, but the Official Premier League podcast was launched today. Thoughts?
Ah, ta for that. I might just have to take a look at that one. The only podcast I listen to regularly is the splendid Football Ramble, for what it's worth.

As for Liverpool's remaining targets this season... the Europa League doesn't have the glamour of the Champions League certainly, but it's still a very credible trophy and a European one at that. A piece of silverware may ease the pressure on Benitez a bit, but not gaining a Champions League place would be a huge blow to the club's credibility, its finances, and potentially recruitment next summer as most top players want to be playing in the Champions League.

smwatson

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2005
London, England
I'm pretty confident Stoke will beat Liverpool today to be honest. So is everyone else by the looks of it, they've been backed in from 5/1 to 11/4. Their Cupsetter's Reading will get beaten comfortably away from home by Forest in the Championship.

If I were a Hull, Burnley or Sunderland fan I'd be watching Final Score through my fingers. I expect lots of goals for Man U/Chelsea/Spurs. Just feels like that kind of day..

Leeds face a tricky trip to Exeter City, the players flew down on Thursday and apparently we're looking to fly down to Southampton aswell later in the season. Save the team from the horrors of motorway travel. Another easily sold out away allocation, and hopefully another win. Could do with one. Full strength squad with Andy Hughes back though so should be good.

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
If I were a Hull, Burnley or Sunderland fan I'd be watching Final Score through my fingers. I expect lots of goals for Man U/Chelsea/Spurs. Just feels like that kind of day.
I've got a feeling there'll be one extreme thumping handed out this weekend – hopefully, it won't be us...

Ah, Exeter. Several years ago, they made an illegal approach for one of our boys and he ended up moving down there, the rotters.

Just keep your eye on Kop Kat, that's all I'm saying.

smwatson

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2005
London, England
Lucas the Kop Kat?

3913542655-soccer-coca-cola-football-league-leeds-united-v-milton-keynes.jpg

Must be the generic cat mascot name ;)

capoeirista

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2007
Ah whilst we're recommending podcasts, my favourite is the Guardian Football podcast. It's presented by James Richardson (for those of you who watched Football Italia on Channel 4 in the 90s), it's pretty good. They've had some good reports from African Cup of Nations recently, and always have the excellent Sid Lowe talking about La Liga.

iTunes linky

Colchester 0 Norwich 1 :(:(:(:(

smwatson

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2005
London, England
Hull have got off the hook it seems Jaffa, Chelsea handing out a spectacular spanking of Sunderland. Currently 5-1 though I suspect there will be more goals.

Leeds struggling 1-0 down to Exeter, Grayson's just switched to 3-5-2 and it's made an immediate difference and we've gone close. I'm sticking with my 3-1 prediction I made in the 5th minute ;)

smwatson

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2005
London, England
6-1!

Crouch on, I suspect he'll pull off his usual trick of never conceding free kicks despite climbing all over defenders. The man can't jump, he just pushes himself up off of defenders.

MacsRgr8

macrumors G3
Sep 8, 2002
The Netherlands
Having missed my match @ the Emirates against Hull due to bad weather resulting in no flight to London for me that weekend :):)mad::(:mad:), but went to London on business this week and paying a visit to the Emirates to get this season's home-shirt, I am wondering why Benitez hasn't been sacked yet...?

Even though Liverpool have done very well in the CL for a couple of seasons, I find Liverpool to play the worst football of the "big four" for years. Now that Man City are really knocking at the door of being a huge threat for the title in coming years, I feel Liverpool would be the first to be acknowledged for being a non-big-four side.

Ever since I was a young lad growing up in Slough in the seventies I am an Arsenal supporter, and have always feared Liverpool. Man Utd and Liverpool are the biggest names in football (just behind Arsenal, of course) but not anymore. IMHO Liverpool should attract a real high profile manager. Get someone in there that underlines Liverpool's ambitions.

EDIT BTW, Myhill is proving too much to handle for Tott'ham :D

capoeirista

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2007
0-4 :(:(:(:(:(

Still 7-5 on aggregate this season (so far...)

Whilst I sit fuming at the radio, I'll throw this teaser out there. I don't know the answer (or even if it's true) and I've been searching to no avail, so maybe someone can help me.

Which 4 teams in England do not need to wear an away kit as their home kits don't clash with anyone?

swiftaw

macrumors 603
Jan 31, 2005
Omaha, NE, USA
Huge win for Wigan today. Now, if we can just make it to the end of the transfer window without losing any players we should be okay. Nice point for Hull too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.