Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mk18mod1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2017
Has anyone here encountered an issue where when the computer is warm, the trackpad becomes sticky and refuses to click down in certain areas? This only happens when Force Click and Haptic Feedback are enabled in system preferences. Quick test is to open up 8-10 tabs of YouTube videos. My 3 week old MBP started exhibiting this issue two days ago so I returned it to Best Buy and got a replacement and this one has the same exact problem. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

New_Mac_Smell

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2016
Shanghai
I've experienced this when the user is hot and sweaty, but not the computer. If two units are doing this, is it something you're doing or your environment?

mk18mod1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2017
I've experienced this when the user is hot and sweaty, but not the computer. If two units are doing this, is it something you're doing or your environment?

It happens even when I am on the desktop. I am in a air conditioned room.

New_Mac_Smell

macrumors 68000
Oct 17, 2016
Shanghai
It happens even when I am on the desktop. I am in a air conditioned room.

Even when you're on the desktop?

As I said it could be you, if you had dry or sweaty hands it can interfere a little. Although as you said it only did it with certain software enabled abilities. Have you installed MacOS from a fresh instal or did you migrate?

mk18mod1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2017
Even when you're on the desktop?

As I said it could be you, if you had dry or sweaty hands it can interfere a little. Although as you said it only did it with certain software enabled abilities. Have you installed MacOS from a fresh instal or did you migrate?

It is a fresh MacOS setup.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.