Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kobayagi

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2012
After seeing some of those new notch-less devices, the iPhone notch already looks so damn outdated. I sure hope they can come up with something better. I actually like the hole cutout on the Huawei Honor View 20. I wouldn't mind if they went with this route.

Reactions: EvilEvil

Cosmosent

macrumors 68020
Apr 20, 2016
La Jolla, CA
The 10-year anniversary iPhone X should have been ALL-about 10-bit color (capture & display).

Cook & his team blew an incredible opportunity !

Their pitch could have been "10-bit color @ 10 years" !

If done right, it would have left the competition in the Dust !

AAPL began offering WIDE Color (i.e., Display P3) in March of 2016, but has yet to go DEEP color (i.e., BGR10A2Unorm).

If AAPL does DOWN-size one of the Back image sensors, I hope it's because that's needed to support 10-bit color (capture).

Reactions: miniyou64

JGIGS

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2008
CANADA!
WHAT!!! No USB-C?! Who does Tim Cook think he is? Steve Jobs never would have allowed...

Oh wait, the new phones are not released. This is just a rumor. I should probably calm down and not get so upset about nothing, as should anyone else who was thinking of commenting something similar.

I don't know about that. Job's history shows is was all over Apple proprietary cables and ports. A) Makes the company money. B) Helps keep customers from leaving the ecosystem.

Tozovac

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2014
Get rid of bloody back bump first & finally.
Still dislike every day, putting iPhone on table.

Exactly. Run the bump across the upper portion of the phone. More real estate for components/battery, no wobble (sell it as a "tilt up view feature"), and improved grabability/holdability. Win. But, no; thinness must be maintained per J.IVE.

Think creative

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2013
I just want next year's version of the XR. Put three cameras on the flagships, put two on the XR2. Add some more colors (Add Purple and maybe like aqua, but keep the red) have USB-C, put out new AirPods, and maybe over the ear that are like the new Sony Noise canceling. I'm due to upgrade then (iPhone 6S+) and know I"m going to be forking over around $800. But I want there to be official apple leather cases too, those are nice.

jmpage2

macrumors 68040
Sep 14, 2007
Wow another slightly iterative iPhone release. Looks like I keep my iPhone X for a 3rd year if this pans out. At a bare minimum make the back of the phone a little thicker and give us a bigger battery and a flat phone back Apple.

Reactions: JackANSI

alpi123

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2014
There MUST be a USB-C.
The iPad Pro has it. The Macbooks have it.

It's still silly how the Macbooks have adopted it 2 years ago, yet you can't plug your iPhone to them without an adapter, which Apple doesn't provide.

rajat8676

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2013
Apple needs to get out from its obsession of cameras and size, and come up with some ground breaking features... give people a good reason to upgrade, rather than slow down their phones.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Apple needs to get out from its obsession of cameras and size, and come up with some ground breaking features... give people a good reason to upgrade, rather than slow down their phones.

Such as what? It’s damn hard to improve phones each year

Bacillus

Suspended
Jun 25, 2009
Such as what? It’s damn hard to improve phones each year
Because it’s too far to reach the closet with 10.000 and more patents...?
Find space to mount a 20% thicker battery...?
Hire a designer from Huawei or whatever...?
License a foldable screen from whoever...?
Get a single app icon moved a single position...?
Put calendar/weather on a lockscreen ?
Busy substituting MagSafe, Lightning, USB-C, Aux Out.... with USB-C, Wireless, BT, MagSafe2 ?
Adapting dongles, batt cases, licenses for these great, courageous transitions...?

Skipping Dark Mode, I am about to close my eyes completely

Last edited:
Reactions: JackANSI

trifid

macrumors 68020
May 10, 2011
Discussion around usb-c and better camera for next gen iphone, this has got to be one of the most boring rumors in ages.

Why no exciting 4k HDR screen for VR?

Bacillus

Suspended
Jun 25, 2009
Discussion around usb-c and better camera for next gen iphone, this has got to be one of the most boring rumors in ages.
Why no exciting 4k HDR screen for VR?
Rumors are a thing of the past.
Rename them as “Hints to be followed for next year”
(or anything thereafter)

rlhamil

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2010
Given the latest iPads having USB-C, as long as Apple (a) works with the MFi accessory vendors well in advance of release of a new iPhone, and (b) comes up with a compact male USB-C to female Lightning adaptor (to avoid obsoleting existing accessories...and such a gadget would also let people use Lightning earphones/headphones with a Mac), IMO having USB-C on all iDevices as well as Macs would be a huge improvement, both toward standards, and to increase the market for quality USB-C cables and bring down the price. Not to mention the possibility of 3rd party accessories (such as external stereo input or DACs) with cross-platform support.

With those prerequisites, IMO the USB-C connector is compact enough that there's no excuse NOT to make that change.

Reactions: JuBe

Bacillus

Suspended
Jun 25, 2009
Actually, that is based on a rumor along with the Qi AirPods case. All we know for certain is Apple is actively removing references to AirPower across their website and on the smart battery case pages. Make of it what you will
Airpower just arrived.
Or did it get cancelled/reconsidered again ?

Last edited:

rlhamil

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2010
Don't care about slightly better cameras or more lenses. Price is all that matters at this point.

Get a better job, and price won't matter so much. Unless of course your family would still spend it for you faster than you made more. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.