2019 iPhones Said to Feature Revamped Taptic Engine and Front-Facing Slo-Mo Video Recording

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Andres Cantu macrumors 68030

Andres Cantu

Definitely better things to do, but not sure if you've heard of preserving memories in trips. Wide-angle would be more useful than slow-motion as a feature.

2. Halfsnap macrumors newbie

Halfsnap

Kabeyun, as much as I dislike FaceID, I completely agree with what you say. We have all gotten desensitized by a fast paced/changing industry; now that we've hit somewhat of a tech plateau, we feel like innovation is lost.

3. givemeanapple macrumors Demi-God

givemeanapple

I would be surprised if you would say the Max wasn’t “gorgeous”. Pretty sure if Apple put a Notch in the middle you would also say it’s “gorgeous” and “perfect”.
    There’s no subjective when something is hideous, and lately Apple designs have been like this. Now suddently the Max is gorgeous? Remember iPhone 8 (X) mock-up leaks? You also thought that looked gorgeous... am I right?

4. I7guy macrumors Core

I7guy

Correct. The interpretation of how a design looks is subjective as is ascribing the adjective "hideous", which again is subjective. So as you aren't surprised that I like the max, are we to be surprised your opinion is they are hideous? With how many apple customers...1 billion give or take a few hundred million, disagreement on various aspects of Apple and it's products are all but guaranteed.

And I still like the iphone 8 (and 8+) to me they look iconic.

5. Kabeyun, Jul 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2019

Kabeyun macrumors 68020

Kabeyun

Your post is replete with unsupported assertions masquerading as proven or undisputed facts. Rather than point them all out, I’ve just quoted the real joke. Does that come with optional foot stamping and breath holding, kid?

Btw, what’s the best ice cream flavor? You’re wrong.

6. givemeanapple macrumors Demi-God

givemeanapple

You clearly didn’t get what I said.
    When I mentioned iPhone 8 I meant the X which I actually did in (). The point is that before X’s release we got tons of mockups of the new upcoming “iPhone 8” (we didn’t know it would be called X instead) and since then everyone complained how it looked hideous with a ridiculous notch and inverted traffic light camera. In fact it still does.

7. JMO1 macrumors newbie

I'd absolutely rather have a wide angle selfie lense that a slo mo, what would you even use that for?? Also, I am going to miss force touch. Major bummer

8. deadstockmarket macrumors regular

deadstockmarket

This may be the first iPhone that I do not buy.

9. FFR Suspended

FFR

Sure is with sales to prove it.

Don’t know why your using leaks to prove any point?
    #grasping at straws.

So which phone gets your approval?
    just so everyone is clear.

10. ocnitsa macrumors 6502

ocnitsa

Their marketing language needs to catch up with reality...I wish they’d innovate past words like “magical” or even innovate (unless there are cases that warrant this term). “IPhone...it’s pretty good. And one of your best choices out there.”

That said I have the money sitting in my savings account for an upgrade for my kid, who is coming from an iPhone 6. He’ll be thrilled to have something better. Wife and me sticking with our iPhone 6s until we crack the screens (tempting fate by not using cases or screen protectors).

11. I7guy macrumors Core

I7guy

I don’t know/remember what everyone said, I do remember there was enough negative subjectivity on the looks and it went on to sell well and be copied.

I’m guessing Apple didn’t want to copy camera placement on the back and therefore created this lens cluster. history will let us
    Know how Apple did.

12. givemeanapple macrumors Demi-God

givemeanapple

If something sells well doesn't mean it's "gorgeous".

13. StumpyBloke macrumors 65816

StumpyBloke

My post of the week!!

14. StumpyBloke, Jul 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2019

StumpyBloke macrumors 65816

StumpyBloke

I thought the iPhone X was, and is stunning, and by extension the Xs max. I never had an issue with the notch. Whether something is or is not hideous is absolutely subjective. How someone perceives the looks of anything is only, and can only be subjective.

Some very sad individuals were up in arms about the appearance of the notch...to the point of absurdity and stupidity (sociopaths to put a label on some of them). I never understood that because no one is forcing anyone to buy it.

Would I prefer a notchless screen with no cutouts...yup. But not withstanding, the X and Xs max are still two of the best looking phones out there IMO.

What’s your issue with the notch and the x/Xs styling? I’m guessing you’re not a fan?

15. StumpyBloke macrumors 65816

StumpyBloke

I agree, far too close.

16. StumpyBloke macrumors 65816

StumpyBloke

I think that Apple has got a hard sell this year. Personally, I would be embarrassed to be selling the 11. It’s worse than an S upgrade with so few updates.

The fact that it is still the same design/screen, resolution, gamut etc. The extra processing power will mean absolutely jack to 99.9% of users.

I also think it’s a shame that 3D Touch is going. Personally, I use it every single day. But obviously nothing can be done about that.

I will get one, but for tax purposes. I change every year for that very reason. But there certainly isn’t the excitement for me this time around, and to be fair, not so much when I went from the X to the Xs max.

When the Samsung Galaxy S10 plus was announced, for the first time in well basically ever, I was tempted to switch. Just an absolutely incredible looking phone with a stunning design.

17. I7guy macrumors Core

I7guy

Fully agree, but there are others whose opinions are this is a good looking(or pick your adjective) phone.

18. givemeanapple macrumors Demi-God

givemeanapple

I don't like how the notch cuts of my content, especially in videos, also hate the new aspect ratio on phones these days.

19. Kabeyun macrumors 68020

Kabeyun

What’s your favorite movie? Wrong.

20. Harthag macrumors 6502a

Just noticed the guy is "suspended" haha. You need to be a special kind of person to get suspended from a tech forum I gather.

Which is better, Italian or Chinese cuisine? You're wrong.

21. The Game 161 macrumors Core

The Game 161

S10 plus great phone and i switched and lasted a month before going back to the max....

i think it seems this years iPhone is based heavily on camera upgrades and the upgrades need to be incredible for it to be based so heavily on the camera.

22. illyb2000 macrumors 6502

Any ideas where the new wallpapers are from? Is there a yellow one ?

23. AngerDanger macrumors 601

AngerDanger

Better late than never.