2019 iPhone's Triple-Lens Rear Camera Design Allegedly Showing in New Renderings

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Chapman8tor macrumors newbie

Chapman8tor

2. Tarantularock macrumors newbie

This reminds me of the Light L16 Camera and its 10 lenses... I really wanted to try one of those at some point.

3. zombiecoops macrumors newbie

zombiecoops

That thing is hideous.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 8, 2019 ---
    probably not, but they also didn't think we'd have the bump we have now with the camera. I remember people saying no way would apple approve that design....and yet.....
    This looks hideous too.....just saying
    that's exactly what I said!!!! the initial bump cause such an uproar that NO ONE believed apple would do it

4. ThatiPhoneKid macrumors 6502a

If the next iPhone looks like this is guess it’s bye bye Apple.

5. janeauburn macrumors 6502a

janeauburn

Another report:

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/11/app...e-new-iphones-including-xr-successor-wsj.html
    --- Post Merged, Jan 11, 2019 ---
    Wow!

6. StaceyMJ86 macrumors 65816

StaceyMJ86

I use a case for outside the home and when my toddler is up walking around playing. At home I now use my phone naked. I have to admit I like the feel of my X without a case, but the corners start hurting my fingers after a while and it’s slippery as hell.

7. BlankSlate macrumors regular

I know im in the minority here, but I really like the square camera design on the back. Not at first, but after seeing it a few times it grew on me.

8. phoneme macrumors regular

mate 20.jpeg
    love my mate 20 pro i think it looks better than the current iphone

9. manu chao macrumors 603

Just as a comparison, I found the iPhone 6 to be noticeably more slippery than the X (aluminium feels more slippery than steel or glass, at least to me).

10. StaceyMJ86 macrumors 65816

StaceyMJ86

I should’ve clarified, it’s more slippery after washing my hands and if they’re dry without lotion.

11. PLondon macrumors member

I'm not in the 1% by any stretch of the imagination. One quick glance around the London Undergound will show me that. It's about 50-50 on here. But when you you look closer it's mostly people with cheap crappy Android or old phones using cases. People with new iPhones, premium Androids happily display theirs without cases.

To generalise it seems that people who have enough money and disposable income to buy an iPhone XS or premium Android handset outright don't use I case. People who can't afford that or have money issues use a case to protect their phones.

I can change my phone for a new one twice a year as part of my insurance that my bank provides free of charge for banking with them. Some years I do it twice, other years not at all. In the meantime I don't have to cover up my phone up with a big ugly case, and all cases are ugly period, nor make a big handset even bigger and bulkier.

I've never understood the case hysteria, even when I didn't have insurance, just look after your phone and don't be a klutz and there is no reason to make your life a pain and to cover your our phone with a silly case.

I don't know where you live and it might be true that where you live and with your friends 99% use cases. However I think it's more likely that you are just talking nonsense to make a point.

12. danny842003 macrumors 6502a

danny842003

We must travel on a different underground.

13. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

So you buy apple products for the look and not functionality?

14. StaceyMJ86 macrumors 65816

StaceyMJ86

Regarding people who have disposable income don’t use cases and people who can’t afford the phone or have money issues use a case is far from the truth. I don’t know what planet you live on but people may or may not use a case for their own personal reasons. I for one have children and one of them is a toddler who love electronics and try his hardest to climb and get ahold of them. Also there are days where I want to switch up the back of my phone and use a colorful case. I have plenty of disposable income and always upgraded my iPhone every year to the highest storage, but did not upgrade my X last year for numerous reasons, with one of them being it was not enough of any upgrade from my X.

I have worked amongst high profile people who have money but still chose to use a case. People may work in a business where their phone is more likely to be crushed or destroyed. There are numerous reasons why people use cases and use cases, so maybe you should do your research and ask before assuming.

15. ThatiPhoneKid macrumors 6502a

Yes I do

16. ipponrg macrumors 6502a

Are you actually surprised? o_O

Many people buy Apple products for the look/fashion over functionality. Why else would Apple market their designs and hire Angela from Burberry to head their stores? I’d love to see a celebrity wear a Garmin watch with their Vera Wang dress

17. PLondon macrumors member

You are right, of course there are people using cases from all walks of life. I was just making an observation from what I see here in London with the people I encounter. I wasn't stating it as fact worldwide.

With regards to children having a case is a must, I wasn't talking about kids though.

I can understand why some people use cases as a fashion accessory, that seems to generally be more women than men as far as so can see.

Each to their own in any case, my response came from the other poster that said only 1% of moblie phone users don't use a case. I call nonsense on that statement.
    --- Post Merged, Jan 16, 2019 ---
    Or at different times of the day, going to or from different stations...