2019 iPhone's Triple-Lens Rear Camera Design Allegedly Showing in New Renderings

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Bacillus Suspended

Bacillus

If you believe Phil, specs don’t matter ... until they do

2. jimi78 macrumors regular

jimi78

This can't be real. It has to be disinformation. If it is legit I will seriously start to look for another smartphone to use after being part of this camp since 2007.

3. UltimaKilo macrumors 6502

The camera tech in iPhones has improved dramatically just in the last 4 years. They’re good enough for 75% of consumers since the iPhone 7 and the iPhone XS takes incredible photographs. Could they perform better in low light? Yes. But Apple doesn’t need to try and slap a DSLR on a phone.

4. Taipan macrumors 6502

I don‘t see the point of those renderings at all, but if you have to do it, at least try to make it look like something Apple would do.

5. phoneme macrumors regular

which apple? the one before or after SJ? because that render does look like something the current apple will do with it's current hiddious camera hump

6. cmChimera macrumors 68040

cmChimera

I can't understand this mentality.

"Good enough for most people, so stop" is a terrible mantra. Apple should absolutely slap a DSLR in an iPhone if they can fit it.

7. iMi macrumors 65816

iMi

I don't believe this to be legitimate. This design lacks the esthetics normally associated with Apple products. If it does turn out to be true, I would be very worried about Apple's design language moving forward.

8. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

They are based off exact reports though not just some made up design

9. bmac89 macrumors 65816

bmac89

People often complain about the camera bump. It has never bothered me..... until now! That is one hideous bump!

Normally I would assume those renders are unlikely to be accurate but you never know with Apple these days!

10. baryon macrumors 68040

baryon

Wow that's... ridiculous... So the notch becomes a huge square with 3 cameras in it. Why not just put a higher resolution camera and allow for better digital zooming, rather than cramming in yet another camera in there? And I thought 2 cameras was silly.

11. ryanwarsaw macrumors 68020

ryanwarsaw

Because the explanation of the latest 18 camera technology will take up 15 minutes in a keynote that has little else to offer. Lots of pretty pictures to show. One will probably be of the dark side of the moon and how the third camera can see through the core of the moon and make these pics possible.

12. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

S10 is said to have 4 cameras on the back but least theirs look good

13. GuruZac macrumors 6502a

GuruZac

That’s actually a very cool option.

14. Yojimbo007, Jan 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  15. cmaier macrumors G4

You haven’t seen the Apple one yet.

16. RodDavies macrumors regular

RodDavies

Wow, they've not only stopped reporting iPhone sales in unit numbers, they've also kept v-e-r-y v-e-r-y quiet the apparent departure of Head of Design Jony Ive. NO WAY WOULD HE LET THAT monstrosity pass. Wonder where he's gone?

17. Gilligan's last elephant macrumors 6502a

It's an Android option.

18. Bacillus, Jan 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2019

Bacillus Suspended

Bacillus

Sorry, Mr Ive can not respond to your request. He’s busy with an all-new design to match Xiaomi.

19. betterbegood macrumors regular

betterbegood

Possibly true. But if that is the case the design of the phone should be irrelevant or at least having the case included.

Apple betrayed it's core values with this.
    Remember when Jobs paid extra to have all developers signatures lasered on the inside of the case..?

20. ROGmaster macrumors 6502

[​IMG]

21. MultiMan macrumors member

MultiMan

Probably because they at the moment offer the most severe competition of all Android phones, imho.

I switched from Apple to Huawei when Apple couldn't deliver a jet black 7+ 256GB for months. Liked it so much I've gotten two more since then. EMUI skin is iOS-like to aid switching over, but also more configurable.

Just an ordinary user in Sweden who was an Apple fan since the '70s.

Huawei happens to make superb phones, which I accidentally stumbled upon. Checked my P20 Pro before charging at 20% this morning: usage time since last charge, 3 days 6 hours. Now that's some real progress in a high end phone which I use a lot. Charge time to 100%, a little over an hour, with the original charger supplied in box.

And Mate 20 Pro has the camera configuration that inspired this rumor. An impressive phone that is priced within $50 of iPhone XR where I live. But, for the first time that I can remember, an iPhone has dropped faster in price than an Android, as the Mate 20 still is at launch price. Times have changed.

22. GuruZac macrumors 6502a

GuruZac

But that is not available on the many Android phones with a notch.

23. ROGmaster macrumors 6502

It's the other way around.
    It's available on the vast majority of Android phones with a notch. Even the Pixel 3 XL has an option to hide the notch.

And even if it were like you said its Android after all and Nacho Notch exists.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xda.nachonotch&hl=en

24. GuruZac macrumors 6502a

GuruZac

I stand corrected. I see no reason Apple couldn’t develop software for iOS to enable the same feature. I again though like the look of the notch and it does not hinder my experience with the phone.

25. skinned66 macrumors 65816

skinned66

It's not a toomah, it's the same elegant design found in the Apple Smart Battery Case.