2019 OLED iPhone Case Renders Mirror Leaked Design

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, May 9, 2019.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Third-party case renders for Apple's 2019 OLED iPhone lineup appeared on Slashleaks this morning. The images match previous alleged leaks suggesting the successor devices to the iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max will feature rear triple-lens cameras in a triangular array and housed within a square bump.

[​IMG]

Case manufacturers often create renders of iPhones ahead of their debut in order to be the first to come out with accessories for the newly launched devices. These kinds of leaks are often accurate because there's a lot of money at stake, but that's not to say there can sometimes be costly errors.

[​IMG]

These case images come with no accompanying information, so there's no way to know for sure whether or not the design accurately portrays what Apple's 2019 OLED iPhones will look like. However, The Wall Street Journal has confirmed that Apple is planning on introducing a triple-lens camera system in at least one of the new iPhones coming this year. In addition, Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo has said both the 5.8 and 6.5-inch OLED iPhones will feature triple-lens rear camera setups with a 12-megapixel telephoto lens, a 12-megapixel wide-angle lens, and a 12-megapixel super wide-angle lens.

[​IMG]

We don't yet know what Apple will call the new iPhones, but "iPhone XI" or "iPhone 11" are possibilities for the iPhone XS successors.

Article Link: 2019 OLED iPhone Case Renders Mirror Leaked Design

2. ruka.snow macrumors regular

ruka.snow

3. Taipan macrumors 6502

I wish it were, but it’s much uglier.

4. Sir Ruben macrumors 68000

Sir Ruben

Just so ugly. I'll give the iPhone X Extended Camera Edition a miss. Cheers.

5. AnthonyHarris macrumors 6502

AnthonyHarris

When case designs start coming, it normally confirms it, right? It still feels pretty early for all of this though...

6. Relentless Power, May 9, 2019
    Last edited: May 9, 2019

Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

With All these renders and leaks lately, I just want to see what this tri-lens camera is capable of producing with results. Then I’ll make my decision if the upgrade would be worthy. (And no, I’m not bothered by the design on the back of the iPhone with this ‘new’ set up.)

7. StaceyMJ86 macrumors 68000

StaceyMJ86

I don’t like the look of the iPhone from these leaks. I definitely will be keeping my XS Max until 2020.

8. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Not necessarily. Third party cases like this, easily can make a mock-draft guessing based off rumors, but I would be willing to believe this particular shape on the back of the iPhone is similar to what we will see with the iPhone. I’m also assuming will see more hardware leaks once production starts usually in July.

9. diddl14 macrumors 6502a

diddl14

iPhone lens layout: designed by your favourite Chinese Case manufacturer - definitely not by Apple...

10. MedRed macrumors member

MedRed

I hope these renders do not accurately portray the design of the integration of the cameras. Jobs would have never allowed something looking like this to hit the market.

11. plantemichel macrumors member

plantemichel

Gees that’s ugly I’ll keep my XR for a while I think :D

12. nfl46 macrumors 604

nfl46

Four months away now. At least that gives us time to get used to the camera placement, so it won’t be a shock when Apple announces it.

13. Sir Ruben macrumors 68000

Sir Ruben

I am so glad these phones (and phones in general) are becoming less desirable. That, added to the massive prices we are seeing today is saving me a fortune. I currently have an iPhone X, there was nothing in the XS that made me want to drop another 1K a year later, and to be honest I can't see me dropping 1K this year on the iPhone XSS just to have more camera lenses.

Will the camera results be better? Thats a certainty, is that worth 1K? Not to me its not. I really do feel less of a mug by jumping off the yearly upgrade wagon.

14. ksec macrumors 6502a

Or Simplify as iPhone XS2?

Although I quite like the idea of using Series 2....5, since we likely wont be getting much more design change going forward;

15. rkRusty macrumors member

rkRusty

16. xXRainKingXx macrumors newbie

xXRainKingXx

17. ColdShadow, May 9, 2019

ColdShadow macrumors 65816

ColdShadow

design is as important as function.
    there is no reason for cameras to be so ugly and out of place.
    this looks like a medical device.

maybe now Apple is trying to stand out by being the ugliest and most ridiculous phone?
    either way, I won't be buying this horrendous phone.

18. Sir Ruben macrumors 68000

Sir Ruben

Tim Cook at the keynote: "The iPhone XSS Magic Camera Edition is simply the UGLIEST iPhone we have ever made! Starting at £1499 for the base model!" *applause and whooping*

Johnny Ive: "When we were thinking about the look of the iPhone XSS Magic Camera Edition, I was in a bit of a can't be arsed mood and took a few weeks off in Hawaii. Upon my return THIS is the magical device we made."

19. AnthonyHarris macrumors 6502

AnthonyHarris

I went from a 6S to the iPhone XS. I obviously saw a massive improvement.

At this stage in the game, the phones are so powerful and supported for so long, I really don't think you need to spend 1K every year. I mean. Many do just to say "Hah. I have the latest and greatest!", but if I don't break it, I see my XS staying with me for several years. Not because of 'ugly' design, but simply because I don't think I will need to upgrade. (and really couldn't afford to even if I wanted to lol.)

20. nikusak macrumors regular

Who cares what the camera bump looks like if the camera is great?

Besides, I seriously doubt those weird-ish white rings remain. It’s just a mock-up.

No need to go crazy.

But of course you will go totally crazy - this is MR forums after all. What else can you expect.

21. Souponastick270 macrumors member

Jesus that looks like awful! Hopefully this isn't accurate but if it is then my 7+ will be my last if Apple don't improve their designs.

22. bommai macrumors 6502a

bommai

I am still on my iPhone 6s Plus. Seems to be adequate for what I do.

23. ColdShadow, May 9, 2019

ColdShadow macrumors 65816

ColdShadow

the 3 lens cameras are just like Samsung S10 cameras (catching up), one regular, one telephoto and the third one is wide lens..
    except Samsung placed them elegantly at center, and not like a weird, out of place eye patch.

24. RightMACatU macrumors 65816

RightMACatU

25. Ralfi macrumors 68030

Ralfi

Love that ‘dogbone’ case design. I’ve been using a similar one on my X.

It’s very ergonomic (allows a naked-like grip around the sides of the phone), & lets you place the phone face up/down with the front/back protected, & the corner bumps (whilst providing some drop protection) prevent it from slipping out of your hand.

iPhone X Case (5.8"), DesignSkin [Corner] : Shock Absorbing Ultra Slim Light Thin Edge Cushion Bumper Protection Hard Cover Simple Basic Minimalist Case for Apple iPhone X (Matte Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076HHQMKZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_U3a1CbZKXS5ZW

Oh & that square camera doesn’t bother me at all. People are overreacting. It won’t get in your way. It’ll take better photos...the whining will stop post-release...