Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
Interesting, sure some will love it, most won’t but it’s the first of its kind (for the watch) that I know if and I’m sure we will see improvements coming in the future

Darth Tulhu

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2019
This is hideous, but I can see the Watch getting a camera at some point.

Maybe when Apple gets a camera small enough to eliminate the notch...

Unless the A/R glasses make all these devices moot.

Silverstring

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2005
With products like these, I always wonder how much groupthink played a part.

You can't tell me that they consulted with several people outside the company who said "That thing? Only $300!?!?! Fantastic idea, I'd buy one, and I think others would too."

I don't really ridicule people's appearances, but if someone showed up near me with one of these on, I'd laugh. It looks ridiculous.

Maybe as a $50 novelty for really specific edge cases, it'd have some market potential. Don't get me wrong, I'd still laugh...just a little less.

Reactions: dabotsonline

MICHAELSD

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
NJ
This is not an elegant solution, but one of the reasons I wouldn’t switch to using my Apple Watch as a cellular device without an iPhone is not having a camera for documentary purposes.

MacMats

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2010
"I'll take Apple Watch mods for $800"

"This is why the Apple Watch never came with a built in camera"

Packers1958

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2017
South Dakota
I prefer the Go-Go Gadget watch.

Attachments

• Inspector2.jpg
    Inspector2.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 38

Digital Dude

macrumors 65816
If this same device had an Apple logo on it, I suspect it may sell like crazy. By the way, this isn't new because I saw it advertised about 2~3 years ago. I do like the concept, and if Apple doesn't buy them out, I will order one when it's actually available. I've been burned before on one of these pre-order/kickstart deals, so never again!

Last edited:

The Barron

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2009
Central California Coast
You have to be kidding? Tell me this is not an early April Fool's joke. That bulky band looks like a spare tire wrapped around the Apple Watch. Talk about a "deal-breaker!" YIKES!!

gianic

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2013
California
Definitely not new... This has been around since 2016 they recently (this year) changed their name from CMRA to Wristcam. I think it started as a Kickstarter or preorder thing back then. I went for it, and have been strung along ever since. Poor communication that is few and far between with promises of shipping soon at least once a year. They've even changed course because of "new watch" releases which have slowed everything down. If this ever ships I'll be very surprised, but glad my money wasn't totally wasted. Luckily my price was less than half of this "new" product price.:confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.